Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#436 - 03/02/04 10:21 AM Clear Lake Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Clear Lake? Here's your chance to tell other owners why it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58502 - 09/17/18 05:16 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Purplewino Offline

The place is very nice.
Renovations going on, but the staff is great as well as the location.

#57129 - 08/09/16 07:20 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
wunderlust Offline

I love my WM ownership and have never had a bad experience until today. I could write pages of explanation but let it suffice to say that I would never recommend WM Clear Lake to anyone. Stay in Windsor and take a day drive. Not only is the lake polluted by the WM is poorly managed. We arrived only to find that the room type I requested was not available. In addition the room was not ready. We left at 4:45pm without a room and very, very frustrated. The lack of customer service was unacceptable. I contacted owner care immediately and they concurred. Although I got a refund it completely spoiled a vacation I had planned for quite a while.

#56999 - 06/29/16 11:18 AM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Samtpfote Offline

We stayed at this resort as a layover for a couple of days. Our main destination was Anaheim.
Sadly someone crashed into the back of our vehicle a block away from the resort and destroyed our car.
We stayed our couple of days and then had to go back home.
The resort itself is nice. The staff went all out for us, even let us stay an hour after check out because the insurance company was dragging their feet with the rental car.
Here is the reason though why I would never go to the resort again:

The surrounding is horrible. Trailer parks right next door. Everything looks rundown in the town around it. Nothing to do for kids and a lot of people that stayed there were blasting their music.

#56842 - 04/27/16 11:31 AM Re: Clear Lake Resort [Re: jan123ice]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Depending on the time of year, you can rent a boat, hike, wine taste, concerts, fairs and more. Take a look at this website for specific events Lake County

The resort itself is a wonderful place to relax and do nothing. Behind the resort is a path that becomes a road that is nice walk. There's a park along the lake south of the resort before you get to Lucerne.

#56840 - 04/27/16 06:54 AM Re: Clear Lake Resort [Re: Forum Host]
jan123ice Offline

Loc: Oregon
We are looking to visit the resort and area. Can you share present conditions and activities. Thanks for good accurate information.

#56350 - 10/12/15 07:30 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cougsmom Offline

Loc: Washington State
We are currently at Clear Lake for our first visit. This is a lovely resort with a huge pool and jacuzzi. Our one bedroom unit is huge with a view of the lake. The only disappointment we have has nothing to do with the resort, the lake is not clean or safe to go in. We had planned to launch our kayaks to paddle and fish, but we found out that the locals will not even put their boats in the lake. It is pretty to look at, however.
We took our kayaks up the road about 15 minutes to Blue Lake. It is a wonderful little spring fed lake that is stocked with fish. We highly recommend going there to swim and/or enjoy the water.

#56085 - 07/01/15 06:56 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Nicolasko Offline

we just stayed at clear lake last week for 3 days. lake was full and the water was very nice. the resort was nice and the unit we stayed in was pretty large for a studio we were extremely happy with it. No sketchy people hanging out that we seen and bugs were not an issue at all either, as we were at the pool late night, however there were a lot of mosqutioes down by the lake only after dark though. not much to do in the area luckily we had boat/jet skis to enjoy the beautiful lake other than that its a nice area to get away from all the hustle and bustle.

#55926 - 05/20/15 03:58 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
viewcrest Offline

Hi. We will be staying in 3 units at Clear Lake with our kids and their families the end of July. We have never been to the area. On other forums we have read that the area around the resort is pretty sketchy and that "tweakers" were hanging out near the resort. One of the responses from the manager was that the local government was trying to clean things up. These posts were from last year, and we are wondering what action has been taken by the community to clean up the area. We will have small kids and are a bit concerned about security. We have always enjoyed stays at WM resorts over the 18 years we have been members.

#55925 - 05/20/15 02:13 PM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: MonicaS]
racayah Offline

Loc: California
I have stayed at Clear Lake numerous times and will be staying for 3 days June1-3. Can't remember when the bugs are a plague, hopefully not this early in the year. I think you just have to keep your unit closed up and not allow a lot of door traffic if you know what I mean with families. I always take sunscreen but I detest bug spray on my skin. Enjoy the visit.
Originally Posted By: MonicaS
Hi there Traveling Alex. Did you stay at WM Clear Lake on your way to Depoe Bay? If so, how was the lake level? We are headed there for a weekend stay in June and wanted to know how the conditions are considering we are in a terrible drought. Should my family and I carry bug repellent?

#55802 - 04/17/15 08:50 AM Re: Clear Lake Resort Review [Re: Traveling Alex]
MonicaS Offline

Loc: California
Hi there Traveling Alex. Did you stay at WM Clear Lake on your way to Depoe Bay? If so, how was the lake level? We are headed there for a weekend stay in June and wanted to know how the conditions are considering we are in a terrible drought. Should my family and I carry bug repellent?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.