Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4172 - 03/10/04 09:00 PM Coral Baja Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Coral Baja? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#59352 - 03/21/22 02:21 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
KMLn Offline

Loc: Alaska
We will be visiting Coral Baja for the first time! We typically stay at Isla Mujeres but wanted to try this side of MX this year!

If possible, can someone please tell me the best (or most reliable) airport transfer service?

Thank you!

#59147 - 10/28/20 07:29 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: 1kodiak]
masonrm Offline

Uber works just like it does in the states. Just have the Uber app and it knows where you are. They can pick you up and drop off at front door. We used them the whole time we were there last. Much cheaper than the cabs.

#59111 - 08/15/20 12:33 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

Loc: puyallup wash.
Dose any one know how UBER works at Coral Baja? How do you call for one? Where do you catch? it and so on!

#59026 - 02/17/20 06:04 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
heidiburton Offline

Tips that I wish someone told me before I went to Cabo. I went 4/2019

First of all, this resort is immaculate! The rooms are colorful, and clean. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. The staff is hard working, attentive, and helpful. There is almost no need to leave the resort. Mama Mia Restaurante has live entertainment every night and delicious food at a reasonable price. Don’t miss the “Mexican Fiesta” on Tuesday night. Vendors set up shops along the poolside nightly for your shopping needs.

The water: Everyone says, “don’t drink the water!” While this is true, the resort’s water is desalinated from the ocean, so you actually can drink it. We still bought bottled water for drinking, but were able to use tap water for coffee and had no worries about ice in our drinks - even around town.

Money: There is no need to buy pesos before your trip. You can exchange for pesos at the front desk if you want at a comparable exchange rate to using your own bank. There is really no need to exchange for pesos at all. Everywhere we went accepted dollars including street vendors. You will need plenty of cash for shopping, excursions (must pay in cash), and tips (tipping “la propane” is muy importante). The best way to make purchases is with a credit card that does not charge an international fee - call your card company first.

Excursions: Buy through the concierge. You get a discount and they do the bookings for you. We went on three excursions through Cabo Expeditions and loved every one. They provide a shuttle for you into Cabo, so that saves you from driving or paying extra for a ride. We did whale watching which was great! We saw many whales up close, and our guides were very informative. Next we did tandem parasailing which was phenomenal! It was totally safe and peaceful - not extreme at all. Lastly we did the kayak/snorkeling tour to see Lover’s beach. They did not allow us to actually go onto the beach.

The airport/transportation: Book a transfer at least one week prior to travel. When you exit the baggage claim area, head straight outside to find your transfer company. Do not talk to the people inside the building. They all look professional and all want to help you. They will even act like they were expecting you and say, “are you traveling with...“ and “you are going to Coral Baja?” Their mission is to get you up to the front desk and rent you excursions with a timeshare sales pitch included.

Driving: There is no need to rent a car unless you like to drive yourself around a lot or you want to drive to another destination. We used a transfer to get to the resort, Uber to get to downtown San Jose del Cabo, and busses to get to Cabo San Lucas. The public bus costs $2.5 per person each way. When referring to the resort, always call it “Coral Baja”. If you call it “Worldmark” drivers will confuse it with “Walmart” and take you there.

#58455 - 08/02/18 09:00 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
Fishing in Cabo? This company will pick you and the family up from the airport, cold drinks included. Fishing was great, clean and safe. I have already booked another trip in October 2018. 52 624 217 3230 their number, Titos Sportfishing Zepeda. I am a platinum owner and don't work for this guy, just sharing. Also, they will clean your fish and give you options where to get it cooked to take it back to the condo. Any questions email me at cliffy94@yahoo.com. I don't check this forum often. Titos is also on Facebook.

#58389 - 06/29/18 07:58 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Brneydgrl89 Offline

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Coral Baja..Thought I would post since I couldn't find any recent reviews when I was looking for information. We had an awesome stay, we were a little worried as our arrival date was the same day hurricane Bud was supposes to hit but luckily it turned into a tropical storm and the weather was perfect. Was a little Leary of traveling to Cabo after hearing about all the stuff going on in the last year but felt very safe and all of the resorts keep good track of who is coming and going. We used the resort shuttle which we booked in advance at $35pp roundtrip our driver was great both too and from. We did not rent a car, most of the excursions include hotel pickup but we did take a taxi into town a couple times which was about $40 each way so might reconsider next time. We ate at Mamma Mia's a couple times twice for breakfast which is very reasonable and once for dinner both were very good. We also ate at Sardina Cantina which is located next to the back building and had an amazing dinner..The filet mignon is great and so is the chicken tortilla soup. We booked our excursions thru the activities desk who were very helpful. We did swimming with the dolphins with Dolphin Discovery, Atv riding with Wild Canyon, sunset dinner cruise with Pezgato on the Cabo Mar and Parasailing with Baja watersports all were tons of fun and highly recommended. Now that we have our passports we are already planning a return trip for the Spring..If you have any questions or would be pic feel free to contact me...

#58297 - 05/02/18 05:49 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
luvthesun Offline

Loc: Washington
Has anyone stayed in the studios? Where are they located? and do they have washer and dryers?

#58051 - 12/22/17 08:51 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

We are at Coral Baja right now 75 to 80 for a high pretty windy. Lots of kids. MERRY CHRISTMAS!9

#58031 - 11/27/17 12:52 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
BeachGl Offline

Loc: California
Stayed at CB several times in various units both before and after the Hurricane in 2014. Too bad it took the hurricane to upgrade the units and complex but now it is a solid 4+ star resort. Back building is close to the highway and too noisy for me. I spend a lot of time in Cabo and now own a condo just down the road from CB. Comments re public transortation bus and shuttle are spot on. Taxis are $$$ because its a monopoly. Be VERY wary about renting cars in MX since the rate yiou see on line is so cheap BUT when you get to the kiosk at the airport the mandatory (predatory) insurance kicks in at $35 to $70 and more per day.
PLEASE dont swim at the CB beach. Several people have drowned. The last 2 hurricanes have made it more dangerous than ever. Palmilla beach is swimmable cove (2 mi from CB).
A huge new market opened called Chaudary(?) that is at the corner of the Coast Hwy 1 and airport toll road. Fabulous US and Canada quality groceries and everything and excellent prices.

#58017 - 11/15/17 03:23 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Maynard503 Offline

We travel to Coral Baja every year in October and just returned. As always the staff (family) is amazing. The grounds and rooms are clean and up to date. As always the grounds and pool are kept immaculate. One very nice surprise was the food at Mama Mia... Thls is the first visit where we found the food very good. In the past the food had been at the level of a Dennie’s or similar but it appears there might be a new chief who has an updated flair.

Suggestions to management for future upgrades.

We absolutely need better WI FI in the complex. The spreed is very poor where my phone upload spreed is faster.
The second thing would be updated TV with screen mirror.

Edited by Maynard503 (11/15/17 03:25 PM)

#57680 - 05/04/17 05:46 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: s&kbillings]
Living4Him Offline

Loc: California
There are 19 2br PH and 3 3br PH enjoy your visit

#57677 - 05/03/17 01:11 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
s&kbillings Offline

Is the resort finished with repairs since the last hurricane a couple of years ago? Anyone know how many 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses there are on this resort?

#57656 - 04/22/17 04:03 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: cliffh]
stopper2 Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Heading to the WM Coral Baja resort in early May and was checking past owner comments. It was a little concerning to read about apparent drug turf wars in the area from a couple months ago. Any comments from current or recent guests on this?

#57613 - 04/02/17 09:23 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Just got back from a week at Coral Baja! Solid 4.5 resort.
1. you can get pesos at front office for fair price
2. taxi into town is about 8-10 USD San Jose*
3. take bus to Cabo for about $2 PP
4. crossing the road to get to the bus is sketchy.... like frogger
5. two small grocery stores on resort are good and fair price for small stuff
6. take taxi to wal mart for main food run
7. two on site restaurants are good and drinks are two for one at 4-6 pm--house drinks only
8. fishing trip in cabo with Titos Sportsfishing they are on facebook
9. Titos will also pick up from airport and drop off--- very nice ride and fishing was awesome ......solid 5 star company tell him ciff sent ya

#57405 - 12/30/16 02:56 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Mexicodiver27]
cliffh Offline

I sent u a pm

#57313 - 11/14/16 08:54 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
wheelerowner Offline

Resort management needs to add more pool chairs! There is plenty of room for more, and it may alleviate the problem of chair-snatchers who are out as early as 6:30 AM to claim not just one chair, but I have seen as many as 5 chairs draped with towels then the person goes back inside the building for hours. Security Team has been hit-and-miss on coming by very early and picking up all unaccompanied towels, shoes, magazines, etc and taking them to the front office. (It is fun to watch the surprised faces of the folks when they stroll out to "their" chairs at 9:30 or 10 and find out what happened!)

This could be helped by adding a couple dozen more chairs. (And NOT the horrid white plastic ones like the ones at the beach or by the hot tub. Those are IMPOSSIBLE to get comfortable on!)

#56939 - 05/26/16 10:32 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: TopCatColorado]
satocat Offline

No, at Coral Baja the wi-fi is free and there is no resort fee.

#56902 - 05/17/16 11:31 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
TopCatColorado Offline

Loc: Lakewood, Colorado

Does Coral Baja charge a separate Resort Fee that covers, e.g., Wi-Fi and other amenities? I've paid $30 per day at some resorts in Mexico.

#56579 - 01/17/16 07:06 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
isitrainey Offline

Has anyone stayed in the "back building"? I want to book a 2 bedroom, but seem to miss the window each time. However there is availability in the the 'back building' (I think building 2?) What are the problems/issues?

#56563 - 01/13/16 07:38 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: The Brooks]
sgremmel Offline

I can't believe Worldmark doesn't have designated smoking areas. There is no reason why owners have to breathe second hand smoke. There should not be smoking allowed in units or on decks or in common areas such as pools. We own two other time shares and both have designated smoking areas away from common areas.

#56551 - 01/09/16 11:10 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Jrho119 Offline

Loc: USA NY
Wondering how the weather is in January? Ive been reading the 70s, is that accurate?

#56542 - 01/05/16 04:23 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
nutmeg2000 Offline

The new penthouse is amazing! Of course, I never saw it before so I have nothing to compare to, but I will try to attach pictures. We are staying in the 2 bedroom penthouse. Both bedrooms have queen beds (murphy bed in the living room is double bed) so unfortunately no twins like the regular 2 bedrooms.

The living room has an extra sitting area and the master bedroom opens onto the balcony so you have a double balcony area with a table, chairs, and BBQ. The spiral stairs lead to a private rooftop area with a hot tub and table to eat at.
WM owners forum link to my pics

#56189 - 08/11/15 11:02 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: nellika]
ffmedic Offline

The beach in the video that we are taking selfies at laugh is Palmilla Beach just a few minutes by car from the resort. The beach front area at the resort is not recommended by staff for swimming. However, I have seen plenty of people out there swimming every time we have been there. In fact, I have seen really good surfers surfing the waves directly in front of the resort. They were pretty good at surfing and put on a great show. I imagine they are really good swimmers too. I'm not the best swimmer so I stay away, but we have gone in up to our knees or so. If you walk up the beach line towards San Jose area there is a spot that locals frequent and they are in the water having a blast daily. In the opposite direction there are several surf spots and beaches to choose from in front of other resorts.

Hope this helps

Have fun!

Edited by ffmedic (08/11/15 11:06 AM)

#56155 - 07/28/15 03:05 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: nellika]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
My wife and I have been to Coral Baja several times. If you are a good swimmer and perhaps swim with another strong swimmer, are familiar with rip currents and huge crashing waves with strong under tow then the beach is swimmable. The water may be waist deep and when a wave comes in the water quickly rises to above hands held high depth. I consider myself to be a good swimmer very familiar with that type of wave action and even I choose not to enter at times as the pounding of the waves may be too much for a comfortable fun time. I have swam even with the red flags out though and not be been told to exit or bothered by resort staff. There is no life guard. My wife never even tries.

I always rent a car and if the beach thing is the plan you can come and go as you please. Enjoy the trip.

#55912 - 05/14/15 08:43 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: nellika]
Brendacr Offline

Red flags are up 95 percent of the time, you can not or better still should not swim there....it is about a ten driv to the nearest beach.....

#55911 - 05/14/15 08:39 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Brendacr Offline

I sure hope that when they reopen that they do not allow smokers in the pool, last time I was there I was unable to swim, as a group were in the pool with drinks in one hand, cigarette in the other. This is 2015 hopefully Worldmark can up there standards ...

#55909 - 05/13/15 04:55 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
1kodiak Offline

I just read and got a reply back (more than we are getting from W M.) That all the beach and pool chairs are being put out but the resort is still closed.??? And ma ma mias open.

#55892 - 05/06/15 07:10 AM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: nellika]
luvthesun Offline

Loc: Washington
The beach is not swimmable, I have seen people in it, but I have also seen one person nearly drown. He was pulled out into the ocean on the current. We rented a car for a day and went to one of the swimmable beaches. I don't recall the name of the one we went to, but it wasn't far.

#55764 - 04/02/15 07:21 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: ffmedic]
nellika Offline

Loc: LA, California
It's a nice video, thank you. No one is writing about the beach next to the resort...but according to your video, I was pleased to see that people are actually swimming in the ocean. I just called the resort and was told that they don't recommend swimming by the hotel due to high current, said that they recommend a public beach ~10 minutes from hotel by bus or taxi instead. We never been to Cabos & were planning to book for October, but not interested in sitting in the poor all day or waist time traveling back & forth in the taxi/bus to the public beach... Could someone, please, comment if the beach by the hotel is swim-able or not?

#55535 - 01/23/15 10:05 PM Re: Coral Baja Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
ffmedic Offline

The wife and I love this place...This was a 1 BR, Rm 404, building 1?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.