Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bivie, VHLIMON, monte, Buffy, riverwatch49
43944 Registered Users
Forum Stats
43944 Members
108 Forums
1180 Topics
24208 Posts

Max Online: 156 @ 09/25/11 04:47 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 10910083
Coral Baja Resort Review 608050
Questions and Comments for Kihei 463285
Las Vegas Resort Review 453399
Kihei Resort Review 422957
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 333970
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 326406
Questions and Comments for Seaside 304335
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 281774
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 278435
Top Posters (30 Days)
KrisComm 45
Pstreet1 6
brittyanne82 3
WIZ WORLD 2
Maynard503 2
DrJimmy 2
msgriga 2
aleneb 1
bthorman 1
bensjoy 1
DandJHansen 1
dvd321 1
mukanddave 1
dee22dee 1
1kodiak 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3388 - 03/09/04 09:14 PM Lake Chelan Shores Resort Review
Forum Hostess Offline

Administrator/Forum Host

Loc: Redmond, WA, USA
Have you stayed at Lake Chelan? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#50787 - 09/08/13 06:19 AM Re: Lake Chelan Shores Resort Review [Re: cocaman]
BWundrow Offline

I agree about the old posts. Get rid of them if they are over 9 months old!

#50757 - 09/03/13 09:29 AM Re: Lake Chelan Shores Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
cocaman Offline

Loc: Washington
Love the area, love the resort. It's unfortunate WM doesn't have more units here. Right now the resort is quiet, yet it looks full. Labor Day was yesterday, and the thunder feet above us are still here. Shouldn't those kids be in school? That is one drawback of a first floor unit. Advantage is using sliding door to go to pool just a couple hundred feet away. We are in the suite. Probably would not want more than two people here for comfort, but four will work. There is no w/d in the unit, but there is a full size stove, unlike what it says in the description. A close drive to town and many activities. The lake was warm enough to swim in. Lady of the Lake is a day well spent on the lake. Lots of wineries. If you like wine you should visit the area. grin

#50756 - 09/03/13 08:50 AM Re: Lake Chelan Shores Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
cocaman Offline

Too many of the reviews are not applicable because they are out of date. I believe that any review older than eighteen months should be deleted.

#50442 - 07/12/13 01:25 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
NAJO Offline

Loc: Oregon
I have been waiting to put in a resort review for the new Lake House resort in Chelan, Washington, but the topics in this place are all about the other resort in Manson, Washington, but both on Lake Chelan. Would like the Forum Hostess to specify whether there will be a new separate place to discuss the new resort, or if reviews, etc. should go in the same place location as the older resort.

#49310 - 12/30/12 09:05 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
oldcoach Offline

Hello---- we are at the WM Lake Chelan Shores right now. We are in room 20-6. Very nice room, good view of the lake, the remodel done recently is very nice! Very spacious deck (but man is it COLD outside!!!!!). We did NOT think the noise from the hwy was bad at all (sorry previous poster). Our only concern is that the entire area around the front of this building could use some salt to melt off the ice (it's VERY VERY slippery and unsafe to even nwalk on!!!). I'm going to call shortly. Our 4WD truck (in 4WD), could barely crawl up &out of this turnaround / parking area!! But overall, having a GREAT time. Don't believe all these negative posts............. The Coach

#47756 - 05/08/12 07:45 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
tamaramc Offline

We are staying in Building 20, bottom floor, 2 Bedroom Unit, closest to the Highway. Let me warn you, the Highway is LOUD, LOUD, LOUD! I sleep with earplugs and still I am startled awake by loud trucks and cars all night! I'm not a complainer, and as a rule have enjoyed all of the Worldmark resorts. I've stayed in plenty and have never been in a worse location. The unit is about 10-20 feet away from the road!

I didn't have any trouble with the staff, don't care that I have to take the sheets off the bed or run the dishwasher. I do care that I can't sleep while I'm on vacation, or enjoy the lanai because the road noise prohibits conversation or relaxation when you sit out there!

I wish Worldmark would invest in the Lake Chelan area. It is beautiful, sunny and warm! I would like to stay in a "real" Worldmark resort in the Lake Chelan area.

To moderator, I have already sent an email to the management, inviting them to enjoy this lovely (NOT) unit. This post is meant as a warning to other owners who might not want to spend their hard earned points on this sub-standard location.

#44365 - 02/11/11 03:25 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: krhagerman]
Moderator 2 Offline

Hello,
These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham Management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get these issues addressed. If you would like to discuss your concerns with a representative, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@worldmarktheclub.com or call Owner Care at 888.648.7363 (option 4)

Forum Moderator
WorldMark Owner Care

#44339 - 02/08/11 09:13 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
krhagerman Offline

I have been staying here for the last month since I am working in Wenatchee. The one bedroom suite should actually be the one bedroom and the one bedroom should be the suite. Anyone that has been in a suite knows that there is more ammenities in a suite. I have been in the same unit 2 weeks in a row and am happy with it since the entry to the slider is all tile, but this unit at least has an area carpet in the common area. The suite is quite small, with only a shower no tub. I had just used the year long covered pool in February and there are leaves in the pool. Doesn't seem that keeping the pool clean is very important. I only spent 15 minutes in it doing some laps then I went into the spa that is available year round. I commend the use of a cover that you use a switch to open and close to conserve energy (very green and i like that) but the water smelt like gym shoes that hadn't seen the washer for 6 months. I could only stand it for 10 minutes. I am very dissapointed with the amount of credits you have to use that you would have to smell that in the hot tub/spa. The lighting is from the tennis courts and some small down lights around the spa but the tennis court lights turn off at around 9 pm and the spa is open to 10pm. I would like to see a spa light that would brighten the area. I have spent time in all three units; the 1 bdrm suite, the one bdrm and the 2 bdrm. I would have to say the 1 bdrm suite would be suited for no more than 3 people, the 1 bdrm would be suited for up to 6 tightly, and the 2 bdrm would be good for up to 6 people comfortably. I am hessatant to come back this summer but the view of the lake, minus the view in unit 20, is breath taking. I will be usining it again due to where I am working and would use one of the larger 2 bedroom units to bring my family back as long as it is not in the 20 unit.

#43119 - 09/07/10 03:40 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: TrippinSuz]
DanandTeri Offline

How is Chelan compared to Arrow point? I have reservations next summer at Arrow point (Waitlist for Chelan), and was wondering if they are similar.
Can you rent a boat/jet ski's while there (both Chelan and Arrow)?
Is there direct lake access?

Thanks,
Teri

#42813 - 08/07/10 06:51 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
TrippinSuz Offline

Loc: WA
This is our second time to Lake Chelan Shores through Worldmark. We had 3 unit types for varied lengths of time for us and extended family members - (2 bd SN, 2 bd, 1 bd suite). In my last review, I mentioned the lousy, springy beds. Good news! While we were there, they actually came in and traded out all of the WM mattresses! Hard for me to believe they kept those old horrid things for 2 years past the time I complained about them in 2008, but oh well - at least there are new ones now! The grounds looked great, and I cannot imagine any of the WM units would be a huge disapointment, except some might find the 1 bd suite to be too small. It really is only suitable for 2, not 4 - at least in my opinion. Additionally, yes there is road noise in the Bldg 20 units when the windows are open (ok - so just run the A/C!) All units have some version of lake view (granted, some are better than others), and the old comments on the WM forum about wiggly doors and faulty locks seem to be a thing of the past. The entire exterior of the resort was redone - and the entry doors all looked new to me. Ours was easy to lock and seemed very secure. There is free Wifi throughout the property -- as well as each unit having a hard-wired ethernet port - bring your own cord - they charge $10 to rent theirs (not sure if that's a fee or a refundable deposit). We will be back for sure -- IF we can manage to get a reservation again...

Visits: Camlin,BirchBay,DiscoveryBay,MarinerVillage, Leavenworth,LakeChelanShores,ArrowPoint,Seaside,LongBeach,Reno,ClearLake,Angels Camp,Indio,EagleCrest,TheCanadian

#40986 - 03/13/10 06:23 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
brockandjamie Offline

Loc: Seattle WA
Wow, we must be here after the overhaul, because this place is really beautiful. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful (thanks, Sue!). We arrived at 10:05 pm and she was just leaving, but took the time to come back inside, get us registered, and give us local tips as though we were no inconvenience at all.

The one bedroom unit is small, but nicely updated and appointed. The view is great - sunset over the lake right out of our balcony. Tile floors are cool in winter, but I imagine they'd be great in the summer. There is a wood burning fireplace, a grill on the deck, and a decent size bath. The grounds are well-kept. We will certainly be back to stay again. Really good experience here!

#38357 - 08/01/09 12:58 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: dorido22]
rustyw230 Offline

The renovations at the resort have pretty much been completed. The resort looks good, the rooms are clean and in good condition. We just went there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. The lake and pools are great, we will definatly be going back again.

#38289 - 07/28/09 01:30 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: RondaOS]
dorido22 Offline

Has this renovation taken place for Chelan yet? We are looking at going in a couple weeks but I'm not getting a good feeling about it. This would be our first WM trip using our points and want to be sure it's a good one!

Thanks!

#37255 - 05/20/09 03:21 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: autmseas]
RondaOS Offline

Hello,

One of the benefits WorldMark Owners have as an option to enhance their vacation option alternatives is to be a member of RCI, the industry’s largest timeshare exchange provider. Many WorldMark Owners take advantage of this option and typically WorldMark Owners exchange approximately 12,000 weeks annually through RCI using our Confirm First Program. To facilitate these exchanges, WorldMark deposits the equivalent number of weeks into RCI to pay for these transactions. In addition, the Owner pays an exchange fee to RCI. How RCI then utilizes these weeks within their network is completely up to them. Whether RCI uses these weeks for an exchange guest or for a rental guest is their prerogative. The weeks you are seeing being “rented” on this web site are some of the WorldMark weeks deposited into RCI to support the WorldMark Owner exchange activity.

Ronda

WorldMark Owner Care

#37238 - 05/20/09 06:36 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: nana fran]
autmseas Offline

Thanks Franlowy I'am going to try The Answer Place and comments just seems nobody has posted anything there for years!!! Its worth a try

Edited by autmseas (05/20/09 06:39 AM)

#37233 - 05/19/09 08:08 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: autmseas]
nana fran Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: autmseas
http://www.wyndham-vacations.com Has rooms available in november for anybody, member or not for rent and many other condos by wyndham,worldmark the club.1 bedroom at Birch Bay in June, Schooner Landing, Seaside many more. Does anybody know how this can happen?

Wow, that does not seem right! Why buy more credits if the general public can use the system without having to pay everything we pay?

Are we on the right board to question this to the group?

#37211 - 05/18/09 07:54 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: tmahnken]
autmseas Offline

http://www.wyndham-vacations.com Has rooms available in november for anybody, member or not for rent and many other condos by wyndham,worldmark the club.1 bedroom at Birch Bay in June, Schooner Landing, Seaside many more. Does anybody know how this can happen?

#37159 - 05/15/09 12:58 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
tmahnken Offline

Loc: Ventura County, CA
My family has been at Chelan 3 times. A hint for boaters: you can reserve a buoy for your stay to avoid having to pull out every day. Call a month or so in advance and talk to the front desk as the buoys do book up.

Also, I agree with most of the comments about the relative shabbiness of LC Shores. Listen, the buildings are old. My family vacationed at LC every summer my entire life (starting in the early '70's) and those buildings must be at least 30 years old. It is time for a renovation and I'm looking forward to the finished product. We were there last summer (2008) during the thick of renovation and it was a pain, but who cares becase we spent every day all day on the lake.

That said, I do also agree with the comments that we are hoping WM will invest in the interiors of the units. The carpets are gross (sorry!); bring flip flops to wear inside because if you walk around with bare feet your feet will be black. Also, the front doors were not secure. Our unit (building 20) looked like the door had been jimmied and my brother's unit two doors down was the same.

Regardless, we go to LC every other year. It is hard to get in, but it is tradition and remains the very best summer vacation spot for us. We love it.

#33969 - 09/07/08 03:14 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: autmseas]
PattyB Offline

Loc: Oregon
If you read the post by Trippinsuz just a couple above yours you will find out why availability isn't showing.

#33968 - 09/07/08 01:39 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: dorisslim30]
autmseas Offline

I thought for sure we (Trendwest) had 2 bedrooms available. What happened to them? anybody?

#33734 - 08/19/08 11:27 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
dorisslim30 Offline

We are here at LC, even as I write. After reading some of the posts, I was really wondering what I was going to find here. We have a tiny, one-bedroom unit that is just fine for the two of us. We hear no road noise whatsoever. It's older, yes, but certainly not shabby. The mattress is just fine, the unit is clean, and we've been treated wonderfully by all in the resort. Being one who has worked a bit in home restoration, I see some things I'd fix or would have done better in the first place, but this buiding is up for renovation next month and I'll reserve judgement until I see the finished product. Guess that means we'll just have to come back again. Hmmmmm, works for me!!!!!!

#33354 - 07/28/08 11:19 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: dortiz3710]
TrippinSuz Offline

Loc: WA
We just came home from Lake Chelan Shores -- yes, it looks awful on the outside -- but don't worry about the state of the resort right now -- the entire complex (of which WM only owns 13 units, I believe) is undergoing a 12 million dollar overhaul... New Stucco, roofing, windows. I guess we should be happy we don't own the whole thing. That would have been quite a hit against maintenance fees! Anyway - I've been told this is why there are many WM units not showing on the reservation grid online. They cannot offer availability until the repairs are done. The privately owned buildings that are completed down by the lake look really nice on the outside. My hope is that WM will toss those horrid, horrid queen beds out (springy, mushy) and put king sized, good mattresses in!

Visits: Camlin,BirchBay,DiscoveryBay,MarinerVillage, Leavenworth,LakeChelanShores,ArrowPoint,Seaside,LongBeach,Reno,ClearLake,Angels Camp,Indio,EagleCrest,TheCanadian

#33345 - 07/28/08 10:28 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
RondaOS Offline

In an ongoing effort to maintain WorldMark’s high standards, the Resort Renovation and Design Department is planning for extensive external renovations.

Ronda

WorldMark Owner Care

#33310 - 07/26/08 03:17 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
dortiz3710 Offline

We stayed at Lake Chelan one night in June and were appalled to see that the outer door and frame needed a good coat of paint. It was badly worn. This resort is not up to Worldmark standards. We will not stay there again.

#31053 - 02/25/08 10:26 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: jimwakley]
RondaOS Offline

Hello,

These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get these issues addressed. If you have an issue or concern that you would like management to be aware of so corrective action can be taken, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@worldmarktheclub.com.

Thank you,

Ronda

WorldMark Owner Care

#31050 - 02/24/08 09:19 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
jimwakley Offline

I stayed at the resort in chelan in February. I was very dissapointed in this resort. The parking lot is super small. If you have a large pickup, you have to park out in the RV area. There are no side walks to walk on from there, so you have to dodge the other cars in the roadways.(and the roadways were covered in snow and ice). The beds are pretty much worn out and overdo for new mattresses. The front desk staff is gone by 6:00pm and not back in the morning till 9:00am, so you cant get any service till then. We wanted to go fishing early, but we rented a movie the night before and had to wait to return it or be charged for it twice. We were hoping to enjoy the hot tub, but the Manager told me it had been broke since October. I don't know if they plan to fix it, but she didn't seem concerned about it.
I won't stay there again. I'd rather pay for a hotel and save the credits for something better.

#27094 - 05/04/07 09:43 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
Jeffjenseattle Offline

Loc: United States
We've been owners since August 2006. We take many mini-getaways to get the most of our membership (8 in 2007). We had thoroughly enjoyed the treatment we received by the staff (superb) and the quality of the resorts UNTIL we went to Lake Chelan. Overall, we'd give it a rating of 5 out of 10 and that is due to the fact that the building, #16, was so noisy. We heard neighbors walking and talking above and next to us on all sides, at all hours. Even the folks who were two units away in our building could be heard like they were stomping and they were not, they were very nice people.

Also, our bed was so "springy". Every time one of us moved it felt like the other was going to fall off the bed or we were going to roll around the room. My husband finally slept on the sofa for a few hours since we had a very long drive home.

Not our best experience by far, but we look forward to the rest of our adventures.

We did love the wild life (not guests) like the ducks who knocked on our sliding glass door every day. $1000 fine for feeding them but apparently they didn't know that.

We spent a day photographing the area and the scenery, especially off the beaten paths, was spectacular.

Jen & Jeff from Seattle

#27040 - 04/29/07 05:50 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
khmommy9 Offline

I recommend eating at The Bonfire Grill. Great food, good prices and great service. Also the only place to eat after 7pm.

As for the resort, not too bad. We have only a couple buildings there. One of which has to be the worst spot possible, extremely tight/small parking area, its right up against the highway, and the view is only so-so. All you hear is the highway, day and night! Otherwise alright. At least it was clean.

#25972 - 02/16/07 12:31 PM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
Labinks Offline

We stayed for 7 nights at the resort Sep '06.

Me my wife and our 10 month old girl really enjoyed our stay, It was really peaceful, all though we stayed all the way on top of the hill from the lake, we had really nice view of the lake, its about 5 min walk to lake.

Weather was perfect for September 70-80's whole week.

Staff was nice and friendly.

I liked the pool, and playing tennis.

property was really clean and excellent landscape.

We stayed in 1 bedroom, rooms was really nice and clean, nice furniture, kitchen was nice had everything we needed, BBQ was on our back porch, so it was nice to have steaks right on our porch with beautiful view.

I would give it a 8 out of 10.

Lake chelan, WA. 1 bdr (9 of 10)
Kihei resort on Maui. 3 bdr (8 of 10)

#3391 - 10/13/04 09:43 AM Re: Lake Chelan Resort Review
dsandoz Offline

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Sept. We were very suprised when we got there , it was 7:30 pm to find nobody home, the place was dark, there was a note for late people who arrived late, on where to get there key. The registration desk is only open untill 6:00 pm. Well we found our room it was great, except toilet ran all night and bed really needed to be replaced, was saggy. We ended up bringing our 9 month old baby with us so we didnt have a crib to put him in, and there was nobody to get us one. Because they were closed. We had to register the next morning, at 9:00 after they opened so we had to wait around for them. The weather was great, however we were unable to swim because the kids pool was drained, and the other pools dont allow kids who are not potty trained even though we had swimming diapers for him. The town was beautiful the people were very nice, We went there to look at some horses. That evening we went back to the room and decided we would play some tennis. The have lighted tennis courts, I think 8 of them. So anyways it was about 5:00 and we called the desk and they said they had rackets we could borrow but because they closed at 6:00 they needed them back by six. I asked if we could return them the next day beings we were staying another night and i was told they would prefer we return them at 6:00. It was a short game but we had fun. I would go back again, it just helps to know what to expect before hand. I was disapointed at the way the facilties were ran, We got our timeshare while we stayed at seaside, we were treated like kings and queens there, like owners. But at lake chelan I did not feel like and owner I felt like just another motel quest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TinaOS 

� 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark� is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.