Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3217 - 03/09/04 07:34 PM Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Share your knowledge of the local ski scene. Where should people go? How can they avoid the crowds? What kind of lift and rental rates can they expect? Are discounts available for lift tickets and where can you obtain them?

#54062 - 01/03/14 05:02 PM Re: Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek [Re: ]
amiellen Offline

Loc: san diego
We spent Xmas week at Wolf Creek, skiing 2 days at Snow Basin and 1 day at Powder Mountain. They had a big storm just before we arrived so there was snow everywhere. But the roads were well plowed and we have no driving issues.

Snow Basin: a 20 min. drive from the resort, convenient shuttle from parking lot to curb of lodge/ticket window, super fun runs for inter-advanced skiers, very nice lodges at base and top - food is pricey but very good and large portioned, also they have $5 lockers if you bring your own lunch. It was a little crowded at the main base Needles gondola but we just went single lane and made new friends on the ride up. We saw 2 moose sitting off-trail among the trees under the Gondola most of the day. Spectacular views at top of the mountain. You can get a foot passenger ticket to take the gondola up to the lodge if you aren't skiing. The rest of the mountain lifts we took had no lines to speak of. All in all - a great place to ski, we did not get bored with the runs and I especially like the nice long runs from top to bottom. Definitely recommend. Btw - I got 2 day passes at Liftopia for $61 per day - a $25 per day discount from resort day rate. Yea me!

Powder Mountain: a 10 min. drive from WC, they have a frequent shuttle between the two mountains. Interesting terrain with good variety. I broke a binding at Snow Basin and rented skis here - it was cheaper than Diamond Peak in town. My skis were old and I've been wanting to upgrade so Bonus Xmas Present for me this year! I'd go back and ski here also.

Everyone was super nice and friendly at both mountains, the snow was good, the views lovely. A successful ski holiday! We could see the lights from Wolf Mountain's night skiing from our unit but as we are basically weather wimps from SoCal did not brave the single digit temps for night skiing.

We checked out North Fork Park a short drive through town from WC. It is a Nordic Trails park. You can rent X country skis and snow shoes at their hut on site. We ran out of time and didn't get to go back and do any trails though. Maybe another time. We also saw people sledding all over the place - it was a kick to see people pulling kids around on sleds on the frozen lake!

#50433 - 07/11/13 02:27 AM Re: Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek [Re: ]
jackrobert Offline

You can search online for such stuffs.. They are quite importnat if you are looking for ski boat renmatls in the nearby area

#49260 - 12/14/12 08:57 AM Re: Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek [Re: marasco2]
tmac08 Offline

I would recommend going to Snow Basin or Powder Mountain. Snow Basin is a great resort that hosted some of the Olympic events in 2002. They have heated gondolas and really nice lodges and restaurants. Powder Mountain is more for avid skiers that care more about the terrain than the amenities. Either resort should have great snow in January.

#49085 - 11/19/12 01:43 PM Re: Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek [Re: marasco2]
DandJHansen Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
Powder mountain has a shuttle that picks up at the resort but the rest you will need to drive to. See http://powdermountain.com/en/getting-here/shuttle-service/ for a schedule of pickups, and the front desk people can help you upon arrival.

#49078 - 11/17/12 09:56 AM Re: Ski, Snowboard & Snow Activities - Wolf Creek [Re: ]
marasco2 Offline

booked first trip for jan. 2013. I am interested in skiing wolf creek..others may go to Powder or snow Basin. Are there shuttles to the mountains nearby?

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.