Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
feconway, dmedel1980, TheMekechs, lisajp, gfriedly
44063 Registered Users
Forum Stats
44063 Members
107 Forums
1153 Topics
20440 Posts

Max Online: 156 @ 09/25/11 04:47 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 11364769
Coral Baja Resort Review 637431
Las Vegas Resort Review 479298
Questions and Comments for Kihei 467008
Kihei Resort Review 429897
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 348770
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 344506
Questions and Comments for Seaside 317024
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 284649
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 282884
Top Posters (30 Days)
bthorman 5
Pstreet1 3
LOTES 2
gobellagio 2
ADub 2
Jrho119 2
Administrator 2
gaylemichel 2
Freeze17 2
Sobolcr 1
chitagurl 1
chowgirl 1
ladypinot 1
shebuya 1
brotherfreedom 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3175 - 03/09/04 07:28 PM St. George Resort Review
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you stayed at St. George? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#3189 - 07/27/05 01:30 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
vixiechick Offline

Loc: Oregon
We are going Oct. 22 to St. G. What are the must sees, for a quick 2 day overview?

#3188 - 06/06/05 04:58 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
Jilara Offline

I stayed at the resort on the cusp of March/April, and it was glorious! I had a gorgeous view of snowy mountains from the kitchen/dining area. However, finding the place was a challenge because developers seem to be redesigning the area, and the maps don't reflect this. The nice folks at the gas station down the way said "Just follow the Green Valley Spa signs," and that got me there. Love the fact they deliver a paper to your door every morning. It kept me from getting caught in a snowstorm, as I heeded the front page weather warnings. Very handy to Zion, too.

#3187 - 03/20/05 09:07 AM Re: St. George Resort Review
lakers79 Offline

This was our first stay with WM and loved it. The unit was beautiful. We plan on staying again and going to Tuacahn.

#3186 - 12/03/04 08:46 AM Re: St. George Resort Review
pliston Offline

We have stayed at this resort a couple of times and we love it. We have been there in March, May, and July and both times have thoroughly enjoyed the use of the pool. We played BINGO one night and won candy, free movies, free popcorn, and a golf shirt - all for $3.00. My kids have had fun on the sports court and the game room. We love to just veg in the room or go to movies at the cineplex nearby. Everyone that we have either sent to this resort or gone with us has been so impressed with the overall resort, units, etc. Once you have stayed in one of these rooms, it's hard to stay anywhere else.

#3185 - 09/29/04 07:45 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
Nick Offline

Loc: Colorado
We spent three nights at WM St. George two weekends ago. What a great resort and location! Our spacious one-bedromm unit had great views of the mountainous desert landscape. Of the three WM resorts we stayed at this trip, St. George was the only one that exceeded our expectations. The others were Oceanside and Las Vegas.

We spent one day in Zion Canyon National Park and one day at North Rim in Grand Canyon National Park. Travel time to North Rim is about 3 hours for the 150 miles, even though the WM desk clerk told us "about 2 hours." Yahoo says 3.5. A stop at Pipe Spring National Monument was very interesting -- it's about half way between St. George and North Rim and has rest rooms.

The only problem with the unit was the VERY noisy and drafty air conditioning system. The cold draft was so bad in the living room I could not watch TV from one end of the sofa. There really is no excuse for such loud and uncomfortable HVAC systems in this day and age.

Housekeeping was excellent except for a dead cockroach in the tub and two empty spice containers.

#3184 - 08/09/04 11:47 AM Re: St. George Resort Review
wiljac Offline

Loc: Utah
Harriet,
Thanks for thinking of me. I would suggest that anyone having need for specific information go to the thread where I have posted several links to the St. George area. Some are just so-so, but a couple of them give a lot of information including photos.

#3183 - 07/22/04 06:13 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
kfam1 Offline

Aloha from Vegas! We just got back from 5 wonderful days at WorldMark St. George. Our stay began on Sunday July 18 with the courteous front desk staff who seemed more than willing to help make our stay as pleasureable as possible. We were able to reserve the three bedroom penthouse w/ jaccuzzi and to our amazement it was much more than we had ever imagined. We have three children ranging in ages of 7,8 & 10 and they were even more amazed than we were. We were able to surprise the kids with a horseback ride on Tuesday. This was made possible thanks in part to WorldMark at St. George and Don Whittaker who provides guided trail rides to WorldMark Owners and guests at a great price. This surprise helped to make this a special vacation that we think our kids will never forget. The kids can't wait to go back and neither can we. Our family played shuffleboard for the first time along with playing ping pong for the first time also. The kids enjoyed the arcade while my husband enjoyed a night out playing cards with other guests. We also enjoyed the pancake breakfast and the poolside barbeque. We only have one regret. If anyone decides to reserve the Penthouse w/ jaccuzzi ensure that the water has been changed in it before you use it. One of the staff had informed us that the water may not have been changed in ours and that he needed to add some chlorine to it. Also we did make a suggestion on our questionaire upon checking out. We suggested that a mini-blind be installed covering the window near the entry way. We had used one of the pool towels to cover our window to give us more privacy at night.
All in all it was a fantastic vacation and we are pleased to have become WorldMark Owners.

#3182 - 06/24/04 03:39 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
Carole550 Offline

Loc: Steamboat Springs, Colorado
We were in St. George last year in the middle of October.
The weather was warm...we sat at the swimming pool and were glad that it was not too hot.(we used less credits cause it was a white week and friends of ours were there on bonus time)
We spent two separate days at Bryce and Zion. Great hiking and photography. The Grand Canyon is a three hour drive and
a place to stay overnight if possible. The north rim is much more spectacular than the south. Have you considered doing the Grand Canyon after checking out of WM St.George?

Carole

#3181 - 06/24/04 12:30 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
mtngal Offline

Loc: Frazier Park, CA
Now that you mention it, it would only be about a half hour away. It can take about an hour to get from Vegas up to Mesquite, and St. George is only an hour and a half from Vegas.

Have you ever stopped at the visitor center along the Virgin River Gorge? I was going to do that last year, but they were working on the freeway and using that exit to control truck traffic, so we couldn't get to it. There is supposed to be a trail (or a couple, I think) where you could spend more time to enjoy the area. I'm always disappointed that the gorge isn't bigger - it goes past too fast for me.

#3180 - 06/24/04 08:27 AM Re: St. George Resort Review
sirgerald Offline

Loc: Utah
Just a minor correction to the previous post.

Mesquite, Nevada is only 1/2 hour away on the I-15 freeway.

Sometimes we'll drive down there just for the inexpensive Prime Rib dinners.

#3179 - 06/24/04 06:05 AM Re: St. George Resort Review
mtngal Offline

Loc: Frazier Park, CA
It's been a few years since I drove from St. George to the north rim of the Grand Canyon (I was actually coming from Vegas). The roads at that time were excellent 2 lane roads. There are a couple of options for roads - we went through Zion at least once, as I remember, but you don't have to. The drive through Zion is very picturesque but not real fast. It seems to me that the other way is longer mileage wise, but might not take any longer. It seemed to me it was somewhere around 5 hours - but we stopped along the way.

We were in St. George in November last year and it was quite cold. The days were nice but still heavy jacket weather. The nights were well below freezing and there were icicles on Zion's walls where the seeping water had frozen. From what I was told, mid-October is wonderful. We had thought about trying for a permit to hike to the Wave at that time of year, but we couldn't make it work this year.

Another option in mid-October would be to go out to the Toroweap Overlook of the Grand Canyon. We didn't try it when we were there in November - they had already had some snow in the higher elevations. That overlook is very isolated and it is something like 60 miles of dirt roads to get into it (4x4 recommended).

There are so many things to see around St. George that we are going back at Christmas time. We will once again be unable to visit Cedar Breaks - it will be closed for the winter. Depending on the weather, we might go up to Bryce for a day, maybe Kodachrome Basin this time (it is near Bryce) and will definitely visit Zion again. I'll probably try to do a couple of more hikes in Snow Canyon - a small state park just outside of St. George. It isn't huge, but it seemed like a lovely spot to explore - another place where it is best to get out of your car to experience. Then there's the shopping (not the best outlet mall I've been to, but OK), and if you are interested in such things, Mequite Nevada is an hour away for gambling. And the river gorge you drive through on I-15 is very pretty.

There's more information on our trip under the activities and things to do category, and photos are listed under the photo album. If you need any more information about where we went (we certainly aren't experts on this area) I'll try to answer. Hopefully Wilbur will be able to find a computer soon in Belgium - he lives in St. George and can help much more than I can!

#3178 - 06/23/04 10:34 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
kaugie Offline

Loc: maple ridge,b.c., canada
mid to low 80's

#3177 - 06/23/04 03:44 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
Content Offline

Loc: Washington
I'm sorry there aren't any responces here since we are considering driving for several days to reach St. George and would like to have seen some input here. I'm wondering what the weather would be like in mid-October. How far a drive is it from St. George to the Grand Canyon? Is getting to/from St. George an easy route or a slow drive? Anyone know anything about St. George?

Jane Elvrum, Port Angeles, WA

Edited by CSTUCKY (06/23/04 04:12 PM)

#3176 - 06/09/04 10:50 PM Re: St. George Resort Review
etoupin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
Helloooooooo ...

We're heading out to St. George from Las Vegas on Aug 20 on our Harleys. I have a funny feeling that the rains potentially occur around that time. Any insight into historical weather et al in the latter half of August?

Best,

Ed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

� 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark� is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.