Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3115 - 03/09/04 04:12 PM Bear Lake Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Bear Lake? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#57119 - 08/06/16 07:34 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
Whiterabbit Offline

We are currently staying in a nice 3 bdrm unit however mast bedroom closet is not much bigger than a Med size suitcase.
Members should be aware they pay for a staff member to sit in a chair outside the entrance as a pool guard. The role I was told by the guard himself he is there to scare away the people that should not be inside the indoor pool, kinda like a scarecrow placed outside the crop. Unfortunately they cant even see the door to see if the pass key works or if intruders are just banging on door until someone lets them in, usually in large groups is what we seen for fist 6 days.
Pool is often over ran by the group above with no respect to anyone and staff shrugs shoulders and says sorry or even the pool guard tried jokingly asking me how I like the cabins, I was not amused. This is almost every night or day time.
If you plan on using the indoor pool be aware of the guard that overlooks the intruders so they can get paid for doing NOTHING.

#54779 - 06/12/14 07:27 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
da5stringking Offline

We were placed on the strip of rooms kind of away from the main units of the resort. It wasn't bad. My family loved the spacious room and I liked that my 5 year old could run around on the grass while we were BBQing on the patio. We brought some guests for the day from Evanston, WY and they were impressed with the resort in itself. I though that the inside pool area was great! I like the 2 ft. kiddie pool that the young kids could splash around in while others were swimming or in the hot tub. The tennis courts were great other than a few cracks in the cement. I loved the HUGE jetted tub in the master bath. Very cool.

We found this to be a very relaxing resort. NOT ONE PRESSURE FOR A SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The front desk people were about the friendlies that we have ever encountered at a resort. They were very laid back and things were a huge deal. My family had a great time and we are planning on perhaps a family reunion at this resort in the future.

Resorts visited: Las Veagas BLVD (4xs), Anaheim, CA; Oceanside, CA; Gleneden, OR; New Orleans, LA; Bear Lake, UT

#50966 - 10/21/13 12:45 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
TCFamily Offline

Loc: Nevada
We are currently staying at Bear Lake. We are staying in a 2 bedroom that is on the second floor. The master bedroom has a view of the lake. We have stayed at several WorldMark resorts and this room is the largest. The master bedroom is on another floor. Yes, there is a staircase in our room that leads the Master. Our 3yr old loves it. Definetely a low key resort and so far, no sales pressure. Most other resorts we have stayed at, our room phone was constantly ringing. Leaves have started to fall, but still lots of fall colors. Glad we choose this resort for our yearly week long vacation.

Edited by TCFamily (10/21/13 12:47 PM)

#50779 - 09/06/13 02:21 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
Flamingo Pink Offline

I am booked this weekend at the resort and I have been calling all morning to confirm my reservations and I continually get hung up on. No answer jsut the receiver being picked up and put down.

This is as annoying as it gets.

Edited by Flamingo Pink (09/06/13 02:32 PM)

#50156 - 05/17/13 01:22 AM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
erikforum Offline

Bear Lake Resort overview is awesome. Just love it.
Utah Fly Fishing Guides

#48892 - 10/13/12 02:23 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
elainemott Offline

We are headed to Bear Lake in December for a couple days--any reccomendations? We have two kids--8 and 5...

#46033 - 08/09/11 11:08 AM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: Mysteria]
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Hello Mysteria,

These are items that WorldMark by Wyndham Management would like to know about so that we can take immediate action to get this issues addressed. If you have an issue or concern that you would like management to be aware of so corrective action can be taken, the most expeditious way to communicate that concern would be to send it directly to ownersupport@worldmarktheclub.com.

#46032 - 08/09/11 10:55 AM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
Mysteria Offline

Loc: Utah
After waiting a year since we make our reservations we were somewhat dissapointed in this resort. We felt like they put us in the ghetto. We could see from our parking lot the nice resorts on the hill with the beautiful landscaping and hanging flowers on the light poles. And we were stuck in the bottom with a view of the tennis courts and everyone driving into the resort property and some garages. I had brought some guests and was embarrased when we arrived and the place was not that clean. There were leftover dried up noodles under the table, dirt along the baseboards and in the corners. The rough slate floor tiles were dirty and had crumbs and stuff stuck in the crevices. I hated the floor. The decor was so-so. The cabinet door in the kitchen would not close . It was sort of hanging. The appliances were old and worn. The 2 bedrooms each had their own bathroom but anyone staying on the murphy bed had to go into the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Not a good plan. While the master bath was big and roomy the other bathroom was small and dark and made it difficult for anyone getting ready. The master bedroom while having large windows did not have suitable window covering to keep out the early morning light if you wanted to sleep in. The blinds on the sliding door did not work either. I was somewhat surprised to find that several of the units in the building we were at were personally owned. So we had to deal with homeowners with their pets and noisy kids. One family was doing repairs or something above us. Who do you complain to when they own thier units and are not part of WM? However....I love the lake and will possibly visit again. The pools were nice and the kids loved hanging out there. We spent most of our time on the lake because some of our friends rented a lake house and we spent the days there with the lake access for our boat and we were able to play in the water, have a campfire and have a large group in the yard. I loved Rasberry days. Something I had wanted to do for a long time. The lady at the Lakeview market said it gets chaotic. Well its nothing like living in the City!! The store had anything we needed and the restaurants were what you expect in a small town.

#44621 - 03/10/11 02:16 PM Re: Bear Lake Resort Review [Re: ]
shay Offline

Loc: Idaho
Just got back from an "off season" visit to Bear Lake. Beautiful country and the resort was up to the usual WM standards.
We always take a trip to veg somewhere besides at home right after we deliver our tax papers to our accountant. Since we live in Idaho and don't want to drive too far, we know it's going to be iffy weather wise.
There are a few restaurants open in town and Montpelier, ID is only 40 miles north. If you do go to Montpelier, don't miss the Oregon Trail Center.
We plan to come back before the snow sets in, maybe in September.
Also suggest anyone from Idaho skip Logan, UT and come through Pocatello, Soda Springs, and Montpelier in the winter. The road is much better. Logan Canyon was very pretty and we are looking forward to seeing it without snow.

Resorts visited: Arrow Point, Seaside, Eagle Crest, Lake of the Ozarks, San Francisco, Oceanside, Long Beach, McCall, Las Vegas (all three), St. George, and now Bear Lake.

Edited by shay (03/10/11 02:20 PM)

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.