Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#2890 - 03/09/04 08:56 AM Running Y Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Running Y? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? Ho hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home.

#59015 - 01/29/20 07:19 AM Re: Running Y Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
marciasp1685 Offline

Was here in May 2019. Beautiful location; nice resort, amenities, walking trails, cute towns to visit.
What I wish I had known: Cannot see Crater Lake outside of the core summer months. Husband and I are originally from the south, now live in TX. Not well versed on the weather patterns of the Pacific NW. Snow/ice packed 8ft high at the park in May was a first for me.
Nice alternative was Lava Beds. Hiked that at several points for 2 days. I agree with other posts...bring your own flashlight and don't plan on going too far in the cave unless you are physically fit enough to do it.
The town of Weed was also a pleasant surprise. Nice lunch at the brewery.

#58497 - 09/12/18 06:14 AM Re: Running Y Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
shay Offline

Loc: Idaho
This was our third stay at the Running Y. We had 3 three bedroom units booked for a family vacation. One of our daughters is also a Worldmark owner and had two more units booked.
While they tried to get us close together, across the parking lot really isn't. So we had half in bldg 1 and half in bldg 3. They tried and we appreciated the effort.
No sales pitch. Yay. Probably because we had just purchased more. They didn't bother our adult kids either which was nice. The WorldMark staff were friendly and helpful as usual.
The pool was great and well used and the 5 year old twin boys loved the play yard and toys. The miles of hiking, biking trails was a plus.
Pretty smoky when we were there from the fires near Grants Pass to the north and Redding, California to the south. It did clear up enough toward the end of the week that we were able to go to Crater Lake and actually see the lake.
The Running Y made a great jump off point for several points of interest. Some we did all together and some separately.

WorldMark resorts visited: McCall, ID; Arrowpoint, ID; Seaside, OR; Oceanside, CA; Lake of the Ozarks, OK; Running Y, OR; Lake Chelan, WA; Eagle Crest, OR; Surfside Inn, WA: Las Vegas (all three), NV; Reno, NV; St. George, UT; San Francisco, CA: Rancho Vistoso, AZ; Pine Top, T; West Yellowstone, MT; Bear Lake, UT; Depoe Bay, OR; Wolf Creek, CA; Longbeach, WA; San Diego – Mission Valley, CA; New Orleans – Avenue Plaza, LA; Angels Camp, CA; Birch Bay, WA; Leavenworth, WA: Scottsdale, AZ

#58464 - 08/11/18 07:13 AM Re: Running Y Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
techiesteph Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
So I have been an owner for over 10 years, and have never done a review... So I figured I would put in some reviews of places I have recently stayed. My cousin and I stayed here in August 2018 for the Solar Eclipse. We are both in our 40's and Have teenagers that we left at home smile The unit we stayed in was a 2 bedroom on the third floor and overlooked the golf course. The unit was a typical Worldmark unit, clean, well appointed, and updated in probably the last 10 years, LCD TV, IPod Speaker with the old 30 PIN adapter (Iphone 4), BBQ and the master bathroom was smaller than the guest. There were bugs hovering around the lights at night, but not that big of a deal, but we were able to see sooooo many stars at night because of the location, great for California City people who rarely get to see stars. The kitchen had an island which is a nice feature. The Dining table for the 2 bedroom was VERY large. The balcony was not large enough to fit more than 3 people comfortably, not a big deal for us, but nice. They have an indoor pool that was barely being utilized. This resort is shared with another hotel, and maybe another timeshare company. There are a couple of restaurants on the property, and one had a very nice bar. The golf course is right there on the property, and looked to be a nice setup, though we didn't play. We decided to do tryout some geo-caching which was a very fun way to walk around the property with drinks in hand. (It's free and the front desk can set you up). I was not bothered to go to any kind of owner update, which was great for me, they may have mentioned something during checkin, but I can't even remember, so they obviously weren't pushy. You cannot walk to anything besides what is in the resort, and Uber/Lyft is not available, so if your a light weight drinker, going out to town for dinner / drinks someone will likely have to be the sober driver. It looks like they have a Ice Skating rink during the Winter, which looks like a lot of fun. There was also a nice playground for kids. I wish I had taken my son here when he was younger he would have loved it, but as a 17 year old he would hate it.

#56176 - 08/08/15 12:07 PM Re: Running Y Resort Review [Re: MaggieMcGee]
WIZ WORLD Offline

Loc: OR - Oregon
Nice review
Glad you took the time write it and that you had a good time.
Also that you missed the bugs.....Happy Travels!

#56174 - 08/07/15 12:43 PM Re: Running Y Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
MaggieMcGee Offline

We had three two-bedroom units in June 2015 for a group of us (10 in all) to get together. Luckily, our request to have the units close was met. Two were side-by-side and one right above with the stairs handy. It was our first visit to this resort, and we were all pleased with the resort and the things to do in the area. And we were before the little bugs hit! From all we heard, the bugs aren't biting bugs - just little annoying pesky things.

The units were as expected of WorldMark - well-equipped and comfortable. There a a lot of lovely walking/biking trails. WorldMark only owns a portion of the ranch, so there are other properties and private residences there as well. Perhaps that's why there's such a nice little market that seems to have everything you may have forgotten as well as liquor and snacks.

The patios had delightful views of the woods and golf course as well as the nice gas grills - we saw deer, quail, owls, as well as the usual critters. The pool is covered with glass walls and lots of sliding patio doors that can be opened for the breeze - and a nice patio right outside. The pool has a few lap lanes as well as a general playing area. The hot tub was warm - not too hot to keep the kids out.

We enjoyed a lovely Father's Day meal at the Ruddy Duck in the lodge and returned the night before we left for another nice meal. Other than that, we took turns cooking for the group and feasted well.

Some of our group went kayaking one day, and then bowling in the afternoon. Another day we split with some going to Crater Lake and others going to sample the beaches at Lake of the Woods. We all went to visit the Lava Beds just below the CA border - lovely visitor center and fascinating caves. You can borrow flashlights from the Visitor Center, but they aren't very bright - and some of the caves require duck walking (not good if you have a bad back!)

The kids really enjoyed the resort's activity one afternoon of tie-dying T-shirts - the fee included the T-shirt. We were all quite happy with the resort, the units, the area, and can recommend the place highly.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.