Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#2443 - 03/08/04 10:59 AM Branson Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at the resort in Branson? Here's your chance to tell other owners What's it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#57644 - 04/18/17 10:55 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
DangerBob Offline

Loc: Seattle, Wa
We loved Branson. We came into town clueless and not expecting much, since we weren’t really fans of country music. But this turned out to be one of our favorite trips so far. There was so much to do there and great food. Early April seemed like the perfect time to be there. The temp was between 70 and 84 degrees. I understand it can get quite hot and muggy during the summer months. The whole feel of the town was friendly and comfortable, more Hillbilly than Country. Music shows spanned the whole range of musical tastes…very nice. The shows were all inexpensive, too, compared to what we are used to in Vegas; about $35-$40 a show. We stayed at the Spinnaker resort on an RCI trade, but we took a tour of the Worldmark there. It was quite nice. We didn’t get to see any of the rooms, but the amenities were awesome. It had tennis courts, basketball, huge hot tub, nice pool, wading pool and playground for the kids, great fitness room, foosball, pool table, air hockey and arcade games, and it was right next to a golf course. The location was good, too, with respect to where the action is.

#56402 - 11/03/15 02:32 PM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
wheelerowner Offline

We stayed in the Branson property for 4 nights last week and we were very pleased. The location is great, and the grounds are well maintained. Front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. They do need to provide some kind of light-blocking window covering in the bedroom that has an outdoor light that shines right into the room. Otherwise, the rooms are spacious, very clean, and look to be recently updated.

Word of caution-- a rep will come to your room with a $25 gift card for "a few minutes of your time" to complete a satisfaction survey on the property. They will then try to get you to attend what I believe is a Wyndham sales pitch. There is no added financial incentive offered, such as we are often offered with WorldMark Owner Updates, and we declined.

Branson is a great area to go to see some first-rate shows--we saw the Amazing Acrobats of Shanghai and the Jonah show, both priced fairly and a good evening's entertainment. Some great shopping at Branson Landing and the Villages.

We would definitely return to this property!

#54488 - 04/10/14 06:59 PM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
1cjohnston Offline

My wife and I stayed at the WorldMark Resort in Branson and found the unit to be roomy and clean. There was a nice view of the golf course from our balcony. This was our first visit as WorldMark owners and were very pleased. We will return in a few years.

#49224 - 12/10/12 12:37 PM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
bckpkr1979 Offline

Loc: Kansas City, MO
We just returned from a quick weekend stay at Worldmark Branson. Our stay was Friday and Saturday night (December 7th and 8th) with checkout on Sunday morning.

I reserved a one bedroom unit, 123 in building 6. My guest stayed in the bedroom portion which included a king-size bed and access to the single bath in the unit. I stayed on the queen murphy bed which was very comfortable. There was a zippered pack of extra pillows and an extra blanket in the master closet.

The unit itself was in good condition. The living roomfurniture had been updated since my last stay at this location back in 2006. Everything was up to Worldmark standards and the checkin was easy and early for me. We arrived from Kansas City at 1:30 p.m. and the unit was ready. Front desk staff great, as usual, with great recommendations for breakfast, hiking, recreation, etc.

The bathroom could use a little updating. It looked slightly weathered and like the baseboards could use a good scrubbing/caulking. My guest, however, loved the jetted tub. Kitchen was fine with the standard starter kits. The back door had a great view of the golf course and surrounding wooded areas. We appreciated the private patio even though the December weather didn't allow its comfortable use. Cold!

Unit 123 (building 6, at least) was on the ground floor. It was on the corner of the building, so we weren't sandwiched in with rooms on both sides. We could hear noise above us, but I think the guests were very respectful and we didn't hear any banging around during the quiet hours.

The grounds are off of Fall Creek Road and Hwy 76, as well as close to highway 65. It was easy to get around and nice to not have to drive through the main drag for any distance to get to the unit. The premises is very peaceful. We really enjoyed the setting.

Breakfast at Billy Gail's was suggested and the food was good. It's a bit of a drive from the unit and was packed when we got there. We were told to either come early, before 8:00 a.m., or late, after 10:30 a.m., to avoid the 30-45 minute wait.

Silver Dollar City was a fiasco for the Christmas lights! I'd suggest to get there early. We left the unit at 3:30 p.m. to get in for the 5:30 p.m. tree lighting. We were stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours. Plan accordingly!

All in all, a great trip and a great jumping off point for activities in the Ozark Mountains!

Edited by bckpkr1979 (12/13/12 07:13 AM)

#48785 - 10/01/12 10:44 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
wendisue Offline

Just spent a week at WM Branson and want to say the following about it:
Wonderful staff and amenities
Not too far from anything in Branson
The rooms were clean and the staff was accomodating with any request. Our fireplace did not work initially and the staff were johnny on the spot to fix it.
Pool was perfect temp and well maintained
large pool area and enough chairs for everyone.
The staff was nice enough to let me look at a 2 bdrm penthouse and i thought it was nice also.
I guess if i was to complain about anything, it would have been when designed, the living area is not as big as some and the patio would never have fit 8 sitting out there. The room we got was a 3 bdroom and the living room sat only 5 comfortably and the patio 4 at the most. But the living area was also one open concept, so it did not diminish our ability to communicate or have fun.
There is a play area for children and it includes a jungle gym and swings. Plenty of walking paths and the golf course offered a wonderful walking path that was plenty up and down for cardio walking.
I would recommend to anyone and hope they have as wonderful a time as i did.

#48167 - 07/02/12 04:16 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: sgossett1]
sgossett1 Offline

Ok, my last reply! You will also see tornado damage from a recent tornado. There are several theaters, restaurants etc. that have been closed and/or in the process of rebuilding.

#48166 - 07/02/12 04:15 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: sgossett1]
sgossett1 Offline

One thing I forgot to mention was the blinds in the windows of the unit. They don't keep out the light at all! I ended up buying some aluminum foil and masking tape and taping the bedroom windows. After that, we slept great. I'm pretty sensitive to light in our bedrooms. Also, it wasn't just the sunlight, the nighttime lights outside the units were shining into the room with twin beds and it kept my kids up the first night.

#48165 - 07/02/12 04:13 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
sgossett1 Offline

We just got back from our stay at Branson. The grounds were well-maintained, the pool and spa are huge. We had 2 units, one smelled vaguely of curry but that is a tough smell to get out. They were both clean. Beds were firm but comfortable, Murphy bed too. Branson itself is a big tourist trap and as a previous poster said, very hot and almost everything costs $$.

Dixie Stampede is a great dinner show for families! We also went to Buckets N Boards, which is 2 performers who drum on buckets, do tap, with comedy throughout the show. Also good for kids. The free stuff we did were the fish hatchery and visitor center, which is next to the dam and has dioramas, exhibits on how the dam works, and nice views of the lake and dam. I would have liked to rent a boat of some sort at the lake but couldn't due to traveling with older people. IT WAS HOT!!

#47960 - 06/04/12 08:13 PM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: 2good2btrue]
Dona Offline

We are going to Branson in December. We have a two bedroom ground floor reserved. Do they have a TV in each bedroom? Are the rooms nice??? Dona

#47031 - 01/17/12 04:08 PM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
Beaufordslyone Offline

The resort at Branson was exactly what you get at every other Worldmark resort. There was very little deviation from the standard amenities. My family enjoyed the resort and the staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and well maintained and had everything I love about our Worldmark condo.

The pool is huge. The clubhouse was fun for the kids.

Now the rest is a review of Branson:

Branson is a tourist trap. They charge for every little activity.

The summer is horrible hot and muggy.

It was interesting to see the beautiful lake and the amazing scenery that surrounds Branson. I can now cross it off my list and swear that I'll never return.

Edited by Moderator 2 (01/27/12 01:55 PM)

#45900 - 08/01/11 07:33 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: lburgard]
2good2btrue Offline

Loc: Idaho
None of the resorts provide toiletry items, ever. It's a condo, not a motel/hotel.

#45898 - 08/01/11 01:21 AM Re: Branson Resort Review [Re: ]
lburgard Offline

room spacious and clean, 2 br 3rd floor. Not a penthouse 2bedroom, but did have a gas grill.

beds - little lumpy

master "spa tub" is a joke... jets in a regular tub for 1 person

Dishwasher - loud and doesn't really work

laundry - soap provided, but not dryer sheets - bring own soap if you want clothes really clean

shampoo/conditioner NOT provided and office did not have any normal toiletry supplies

game room - fun, bring plenty of quarters for the air hockey, old video games, pool table

pool - GREAT!!, good playground and tennis court, kiddie 1 foot pool was huge! great to have

view - bldg 7 no real view but not a priority

movie rental - free, but a little older dvds.

internet - still pay $5 day (really??!) or use the desktop machine in game room (which is very slow)
but has printer (functional most of the time)

workout facility - 1 treadmill, two bikes, few handweights to 25lb and universal apartment machine

close location on backroads, yellow route

discount ticket prices from front desk - only a few dollars off list price... better off elsewhere or online with individual show specials

walmart and jubilee grocery store about 5 minutes away

would stay again but request building closer to the pool

checkin and checkout was smooth and front desk staff was friendly and accomodating throughout stay

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.