Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
calliegirl, lupe rubio, sweetzz, 1976, sharkey
43676 Registered Users
Forum Stats
43676 Members
104 Forums
1766 Topics
39027 Posts

Max Online: 156 @ 09/25/11 04:47 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 10613285
Coral Baja Resort Review 592983
Questions and Comments for Kihei 455176
Las Vegas Resort Review 439656
Kihei Resort Review 412402
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 324835
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 315722
Questions and Comments for Seaside 295164
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 274406
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 273519
Top Posters (30 Days)
peteliz 5
Pstreet1 5
Traveling Alex 5
Papa 4
The Brooks 3
ffmedic 2
bobalou 2
mawman 2
BGeorge 2
adajet 2
Tonia 2
Ndiolle 2
WIZ WORLD 2
janelles 2
pdmli123 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#230 - 03/01/04 03:47 PM Angels Camp Resort Review
Forum Hostess Offline

Administrator/Forum Host

Loc: Redmond, WA, USA
Have you stayed at Angels Camp? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#54906 - 07/08/14 10:44 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
Traveling Alex Offline

We stayed in here in March, 2014 and we loved this place. It has everything you could want. Nice comfortable well equipped rooms, barbecue, and an attractive setting with superb staff.

As always, noise can be a problem, like it can be staying anywhere. But it is not WM's fault that some people are stupid and inconsiderate. We complained one time about noisy neighbors that were partying well past 10:00 pm, which is my standard cut off time for places being quiet. The WM staff said that they would take care of it, and they did. It was dead quiet within 5 minutes. Good job by the WM staff taking care of the problem.

We went on a wine-tasting excursion at nearby Ironstone Winery, which had amazing gardens. We also took the Mercer Cave tour. Neither of these places should be missed. The cave tour was steep and narrow, so it is not for the claustrophobic. But it was well worth the price and the walk down for the phenomenal formations.

Since this was only the second place we stayed since purchasing out WM shares on the secondary market, we did get sucked into a high pressure sales presentation. We have since learned how to avoid them. It takes a little bit of skill to avoid the sales vultures, but it can be done. Don't let them ruin your relaxing stay.

Overall, this is a great place to stay to enjoy beautiful wine country, caves, or just chill in the foothills. It can also be an alternative to Bass Lake (a LOT easier to get last minute reservations) if you are going to spend some time in Yosemite. It is within driving distance.

Edited by Traveling Alex (07/08/14 10:50 AM)

#51060 - 11/24/13 07:07 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
bthorman Online   content

Loc: San Francisco Area
My husband and I are at Angels Camp this weekend. We're in building R room 191. It's one of the units that's been redone - new flooring (very nice), new furniture (table and chairs are very nice), new furniture in bedroom and the bathroom was completely redone. I love the new tub enclosure - bowed shower curtain rod, shelves in the shower, deep tub. Of course flat screen TVs. The lighting fixtures are much nicer than the old ones.

Parking has not been a problem, but the "concierge" was pushy, but did let me off. Apparently they don't give parking passes now, they take your room number and car description and put it in the computer. We did have to call and ask for a tea pot, but it was brought promptly and we got a follow up call to be sure it had been delivered.

We did get one call to do a phone survey of the check-in experience, but it was late and we asked if they could call back the next day - no one called or left a message. This is one of our favorite resorts.

#50608 - 08/13/13 05:49 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: lliefveld]

You have to pay for internet access at all WM resorts as far as I know.

#50603 - 08/12/13 06:33 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
lliefveld Offline

Loc: Three Rivers, Ca
We stayed in a 1-bedroom for 2 nights.

Pros: Bed was comfortable. We were always able to park right in front of the unit. Golf course 5 minutes away (or less). Unit was clean and everything except the clock on the coffee maker was in working order. BBQ was exceptionally good, with a nice hot flame to sear our steaks quickly. Resort staff made tee time reservation, offered to make restaurant reservation - very helpful. Lots to do in the area.

Cons: Told there was an 'owner education' presentation, but when I read the material, I quickly saw that BOTH husband and wife must attend, if both are owners. To me, that screams 'SALES PITCH'. I don't like to be lied to. Wireless internet access is available, but you have to pay for it. This is the second WM resort we've now been to where we had to pay for wi-fi. Shameful.

#49103 - 11/21/12 10:26 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: bthorman]
isepa Offline

Yes, bring ear plugs just in case. I always do when at WM and usually need them when there is someone above us, especially children.

#49082 - 11/17/12 03:42 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: ragsgolf]

Except once when we were in a 3 bedroom PH, we've never had any problem with noise from above. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it's not the norm.

#49081 - 11/17/12 11:42 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
ragsgolf Offline

Loc: Yakima, WA
I'm concerned by descriptions. Looks like we will have only 1 bedroom units available since we are booking kind of last minute. Are we really going to need ear plugs due to noisy footfalls upstairs?

Edited by ragsgolf (11/17/12 11:42 AM)

#47391 - 03/14/12 11:14 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: RJJandPCJ]

That's too bad. We've stayed there several times over the last 1.5 years and not had any problems with the beds in our units. Even our children were fine.

#47369 - 03/12/12 06:50 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
RJJandPCJ Offline

We stayed one night (Sat 3-10-12) in a one bedroom (D112) that we booked just that morning. The resort was easy to find, very beautiful and much larger than we expected. Staff was nice and our unit was easy to get to and had a view of the woods. Only a few stairs leading to it and parking was directly in front of our unit. Unit itself was fresh and clean, everything seemed new from the furniture to paint, carpet and appliances. All went well until we went to bed and this is when our opinion of this resort and unit changed significantly. Our large king bed "looked great" but as soon as we got into bed we realized that it was extremely hard - like saying it was a FIRM mattress would not even describe it. We like firm mattresses, but this was over the top hard, we felt like we were laying on the floor. We couldn't believe it - all the wonderful things about this resort and unit and then this - ugh! My husband left after a few hours for the murphy bed in living room. This was pretty bad too, not as bad, but pretty bad....so he moved to the couch, which is where he ended up sleeping. I stayed in the king bed, but was miserable. My back was sore when I woke up and pretty much remained sore all day yesterday (our day of check out). At check out, we told the front desk staff what we experienced and she gave no explaination or reassurance that the mattresses were going to be updated/upgraded anytime soon. She said we could call ahead next time and if they had some of the "covers" they could put one on the bed. This sounds iffy and it is unlikely we would count on this cover being available and changing the feel of the terrible mattress. We are still in shock about how bad it really was. So sad because this resort is nice and so are the units. There are lots of towns nearby we wanted to shop and dine at during future visits. We won't return most likely though, not until we learn the mattresseses have been replaced.

#46945 - 01/02/12 03:44 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
Bob and Cindy Offline

Loc: Lompoc, California
We're up at Angels Camp now (January, 2012). It's our first time to come in the winter, and we're told it's much warmer than usual. We're happy with that! The pool is heated and feels great. This is our fourth visit here. The staff is always friendly, the unit is nice and was ready on time, and we're having a slow-paced wonderful time here.
ID: McCall
CA: MarinaDunes, Solvang, AngelsCamp, PismoBeach, SanDiegoM-V, Windsor, BigBear, BassLake, Oceanside, PalmSprings, Indio

#46478 - 09/28/11 02:57 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
thepulliams Offline

Loc: Fresno, California
I just got back from a short weekend trip to Angels Camp. We had a great time! The resort was well kept and our unit was clean and in OK condition. The only complaint was the furniture in the living room was pretty badly stained. Sometimes I wonder what other owners do in these units...would they destroy their own furniture like that. The sales people that I had to get my parking permit from were very aggressive. But once I made it VERY clear that I was not interested in anything they had to say and asked that they just hand over my parking permit, they left me alone.

We also went to Mercer Caverns and really enjoyed the tour. It is NOT for the faint of heart or those with mobility issues. Climb down 16 stories of stairs and then back up again. My wife and I had our 7 year old daughter with us and I was a nervous wreck watching her try and climb down and back out again.

We will go back for sure...thinking about maybe going back in the winter and driving up from there to enjoy the snow.

#46320 - 09/06/11 02:42 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: chaser1]
condon4 Offline

Loc: New Zealand
This really is a GREAT resort. So much to do from here, and yet a wonderful place just to stop at and do nothing. Our two bedroom was huge and well stocked with all we needed. The beds were very comfortable. The staff were excellent and so helpful with all we needed, one even spending a lot of time arranging for our internet to work on our ipods. The five days went far too quickly. We will return!

#46153 - 08/21/11 06:49 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
chaser1 Offline

Loved our time at Angels Camp. I was a little nervous after reading a post about the sales team, but my husband and I did an owner update. I hate spending time doing this! I can say that this owner update was FANTASTIC. We worked with a lady that was 100 percent awesome. She gave us some tips on how to better use our points and some other things. We did not buy, and she was very courteous and respectful. She did not waste our time and enlightened us just like we were hoping.

#46000 - 08/07/11 10:51 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: junior]
junior Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yosemite NP is a must to see, but its a long and winding drive!! I posted my Yosemite NP pics on http://www.junior.smugmug.com

Edited by junior (08/07/11 10:52 AM)
Eagle Crest(3x), Oceanside(2), Windsor(3), Running Y(2), Seaside(15x), Gleneden(3), Angels Camp, McCall,Birch Bay, Depoe Bay, Arrow Point, Leavenworth, San Diego-MV, St George, L. Beach, Discovery Bay

#45795 - 07/24/11 07:21 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: MonicaS]
gr8vette Offline

We just returned from week long stay and much needed. First off this is the most high pressured sales team we have ever encountered. We specifically said don't call us if we show we show (830 next am for sales update). Well 810 got the call so vacation is starting off all wrong. I THOUGHT WE OWNED THIS !! Next when arriving at Bldg A I was appalled at how many people(sales) were there. A 30 min pitch took 2 hours if and if your sales men didnt get anywhere with you another of the Roamers would sit down and the tag team would take place. SNAKE OIL CAR SALESMEN. NO NO NONO they refuse to budge.
Now on to our unit all the A?C units were outside our bathroom window and one was constant recycling every 10 secs. It took 2 calls to desk they finally moved us after 2 days of no sleep.
The pool on lower level was awesome, once moved our new room was very nice and renovated. The golf course is world class. Do your shopping at Angels Market make left at mcdonalds not right. Incredible butcher market. day 4 was down time by pool well low and behold the sleezey sales men (2) tagteam again were hounding an owner poolside. I was appalled and told them they were an embarrasment. With the exception of the A/C units and High Pressure Sales Angel Camp is a Diamond in the rough. I would recommend Angels Camp to anyone with one suggestion. If you say no they abide by no !!

Edited by gr8vette (07/24/11 07:29 AM)

#45759 - 07/20/11 08:32 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
MonicaS Offline

Loc: California
Just got back yesterday from a fun-filled 4 day excursion to the WM Angels Camp. Booking my unit and a separate unit for our family friends was easy. I did it on-line about 3 weeks ago. Before we got there we'd requested our units to be as close as possible to one another and sure enough our 1 b/r units were right next to each other which made communication easy!! Our unit was spacious and clean for the most part. Our carpet, however, was a little dirty. For some reason the bottom of our feet had turned black after walking barefoot in the unit. Just a minor thing though. The resort has several pools! Fortunately, we were situated close to the pool by the rec center. That area had a hot tub, kiddie pool and the main large one which closes off to kids at 9pm so that grown ups can have it to themselves from 9-10pm. There are 3 other pool areas near by other parts of the resort. A golf course is right across the street from the resort. Several wineries surround the area. If you don't feel like grilling at your unit there are some places to eat about 5 mins from the resort. A must see is Moaning Caverns. Do the walking tour and the Zip Line (expensive). If you're a mountain biker there are trails at Lake Melones (20 mins away) ranging from Easy to Difficult. You will get a map when you enter Lake Melones. Resort itself is very clean and maintained. My money spent for this membership/ownership is well-spent. I only wish I could have stayed here for one more day!

#45739 - 07/17/11 09:20 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: isepa]
grammymona Offline

It sure has been helpful reading all the reviews and comments posted here. We (six adults) are headed to Angels Camp for our first visit there the end of August. Looking forward to some hot weather (we're from OR/WA!). It's great to read the tips and activity ideas and get a heads up on things to watch for. We are new WM owners this year but have been to several WM resorts with family and have had very few disappointments. Can't wait to get back on here and share our experience in Calaveras County. I think it's going to be good.......
And thanks for the tip about the zipline. I think it's going on the to-do list.

#45546 - 06/29/11 05:16 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: hwoods8341]
isepa Offline

Of all the resorts we have visited at this point, Angel's Camp just might be my favorite. We have been there at least 4 times and love the setting. We have never had a bad experience with anything about this resort. The last time we went we did the zipline at the nearby Moaning Caverns with our young daughter (you can have your younger children strapped to you) and had a blast! If you are considering this resort, I highly recommend you book it!

#45359 - 06/07/11 02:03 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: da shutons]
hwoods8341 Offline

Loc: California
We went to Angels Camp the first week of May and were only there one day, but I will definately be back. I thought the drive getting to the resort was almost at fun as being at the resort. It was full of two lane roads with no one else on them for as far as the eye could see.

We had a three bedroom unit. It was spacious and the window seat in the master bedroom was an amazing touch especially at night where you could just gaze at the stars.

I can't wait to go back and explore some of the surrounding areas. I really don't understand why more people don't book at this resort. It's fantastic!

#45205 - 05/17/11 02:13 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
da shutons Offline

we spent just under a week at angels camp the end of april. no complaints about the place. typical WM resort. kids loved the pool- there is a kiddie pool. our place overlooked the golf course which was nice. the staff was just as friendly as you could ask for.

driving TO the resort was incredible(we came off the 99 and drove east).

cool gold mining type of town and surrounding towns as well. friendly people everywhere you go. if you like to drive, you'll love exploring as the twisting two lane roads divide beautiful landscapes.

we walked onto to the (fully booked)golf course friday morning and got on instantly! great course! way to much for a novice like myself, which means i lost a lot of balls! still had a blast though.

did mercer caverns. really cool. also an old train station. never made it to big tree's.

we WILL be going back someday....

#45177 - 05/12/11 07:32 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Grammie3boys]
starchile Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
We did this last year and it actually worked out well...but we just spent one day in Yosemite and didn't go back. If I remember correctly it was about 3 hours total. As mentioned, the roads are really windy and we were pretty cautious. However it is a GORGEOUS ride and we even saw a Black Bear cub run across the road!

Angel's Camp, Clear Lake, Solvang, Kapa'a Shore, Las Vegas-Spencer St

#45161 - 05/10/11 06:18 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: ThumperLLL]
PDX_Kathy Offline

According to Mapquest it is 2 hrs. 13 mins. from Angels Camp to Yosemite Valley. The road is pretty twisty and winding if I remember correctly. I think that I've read that it takes about the same amount of time from Bass Lake to Yosemite Valley also. Bass Lake is closer to the entrance of the park but that entrance is quite a distance to the Valley.

#45142 - 05/08/11 07:42 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Grammie3boys]
ThumperLLL Offline

Loc: West Sacramento, California
It's my understanding it is a couple of hours.

Y, Windsor, AC, Clear Lake, Kihei, Kona, DC, Solvang, LV (Blvd) Indio, Bass Lake, Marina, Reno, Tahoe(SS)Tahoe I,II,III, SF, Wolf Creek, McCall, Eagle Crest, Anaheim, Kapaa Shores

#45138 - 05/07/11 10:53 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
Grammie3boys Offline

Loc: Oregon
Please help- we may head to Angels Camp next week and were thinking of using it as a home base to visit Yosemite. I'm puzzled as to how far it actually is to go back and forth to the park each day- hours???

#45124 - 05/06/11 05:47 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: pakntrvl]
PDX_Kathy Offline

My husband played there yesterday and paid $59 but he took the senior discount rather than the WorldMark discount because the guy in the pro shop said it was a better deal. He(husband) says the green fees go up May 15th but he's not sure how much.

#45118 - 05/05/11 11:15 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: jashton690]
ThumperLLL Offline

Loc: West Sacramento, California
Originally Posted By: jashton690
We will be at Angels Camp next month and there is nothing newly post on golf at AC. Can someone please let me know how it is and what it costs? Thanks... 4 May 2011

We played the course it's a great course. You can get a coupon in the lobbyh for a discount.

Y, Windsor, AC, Clear Lake, Kihei, Kona, DC, Solvang, LV (Blvd) Indio, Bass Lake, Marina, Reno, Tahoe(SS)Tahoe I,II,III, SF, Wolf Creek, McCall, Eagle Crest, Anaheim, Kapaa Shores

#45116 - 05/04/11 07:18 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: jashton690]
pakntrvl Offline

You may want to go to their website, http://www.greenhorncreek.com for golf info.

#45111 - 05/03/11 08:22 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: palmtreebev]
jashton690 Offline

We will be at Angels Camp next month and there is nothing newly post on golf at AC. Can someone please let me know how it is and what it costs? Thanks... 4 May 2011

#44796 - 03/29/11 05:37 AM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
verdoonie Offline

Loc: Gresham, Oregon USA
We only stayed one night and left early the next morning, but I was very impressed with Angels Camp. Beautiful, large rooms and great area. Our only problem was that it was snowing! The lady behind the desk told us she had lived there all her life and it had only snowed 3 times (2 of which were this year)! Our pizza was cooked and half way consumed, when the power went out!! Luckily we had candles and a flashlight, but needless to say, we went to bed early since we were getting up early! Burrrr! I hope to go back.

Verdoonie

Edited by verdoonie (03/29/11 05:37 AM)

#44650 - 03/14/11 10:35 PM Re: Angels Camp Resort Review [Re: Forum Hostess]
palmtreebev Offline

Loc: Watsonville, CA
We just got back from an all too brief one night stay at the Angels Camp property. We found the resort staff friendly and welcoming (yay Ginger and Tim!) and our 2 bedroom unit was clean and had a great view. The king bed was upstairs and was very, very comfortable, and the shower had good water pressure (a must after a long drive). Perhaps the only minor complaint was the small size of the living room tv...difficult to see from some areas of the room.

Our stay was too brief to see very much of the resort but we managed a rousing game of ping pong in the busy rec center. We will definitely return to this lovely resort soon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  TinaOS 

� 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark� is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.