Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#12981 - 12/16/04 01:11 PM Indio Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Indio? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58571 - 11/24/18 03:11 PM Re: Indio Resort New Member Review [Re: NewMember]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
So sorry that happened. I guess they haven't gotten all the rooms redone yet. I don't remember being pushed into an update, but I'm really good at saying no or maybe and then unplugging the phones :-)

#58570 - 11/24/18 02:25 PM Re: Indio Resort New Member Review [Re: Forum Host]
NewMember Offline

As a new Club Owner, Indio was my first resort stay. Long story short, I left a perfectly wonderful visit feeling like I got swindled, and my guest didn't gain a good impression of WM Ownership.

Overall, it was lovely. Got choice of 2-bedrm location. Room was clean & tidy. Hairline cracks on kitchen floor tiles reminded one of the Resort's age. Lovely view of the surrounding waterways. Enjoyed the game & exercise rooms, and loved that the first hour of the Lazy River was reserved for walking exercise. Appreciated having the cafe, store, and spa on site. Unit was quiet and staff were friendly. Although problem with door key was quickly resolved, it was uncomfortable that it didn't work right after check-in.

Where WM failed was in it's sales pressure tactics. Beginning with, what was presented as a mandatory 60-minute WM Owner presentation--that had to be committed to in order to get a parking permit after check-in. Since this was my first Resort stay, I didn't really understand, or know what to expect. Initially I was excited because I wanted my guest to have an opportunity to learn more about WM Vacation Club Ownership. The 1/2 hour presentation was fine. However, I now know that staying around to talk with the "WM Rep" was a big mistake. We should have just left after the presentation, because I'm not sure that the "gift" was worth the taint left on the memory of my first WM Resort experience.

#58459 - 08/05/18 09:13 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
rjgaines Offline

We booked a one-bedroom, just for 1 night. We are local and just came down to Indio for an appt, however we have stayed here multiple times and this is one of our favorites. However...at check-in, we were told we had been 'upgraded' to a 3-bedroom (she later admitted that they had overbooked the 1-bdr, and once we arrived at the room it was an accessible room) Once we got to our room, we were disappointed. The walls were dirty, the kitchen tile is all cracked, there are shoe skid marks all over the walls, we killed a roach before we even set our bags down. The paint was awful, it was obviously done quickly and without care because the white floorboards had splotches all over them. The refrigerator door wasnt working properly, and was full of dings. I have many pics. Im so bummed because when we first bought in to Worldmark, our resorts were so well-maintained and cared for. Oh, and I did kindly mention this as we checked out, and was told the room was renovated last year?!

Edited by rjgaines (08/05/18 09:19 PM)

#58386 - 06/28/18 06:24 AM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: firstnoel]
bthorman Offline

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. We were there about a year ago in one of the newly redone buildings and everything was great. I do admit that we and others had alcohol in the pool area, but it was in plastic cups.

#58385 - 06/27/18 09:03 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
firstnoel Offline

Loc: California
My family just visited 6/17/18-6/23/18. We had issues. The three bedroom unit did not have all of the kitchen items and I went to the front desk and questioned them. I told them that all the resorts I have stayed had a checklist to show the inventory of items and I was told they don't do that. I asked the staff to give a list of items that are supposed to be there and I will go check myself. I found 7 items such as frying pans, tea pot, BBQ tools were missing. The carpets have a black and beige pattern but my 17 month daughter walked around for two hours and her feet were black. The carpets have never been cleaned in forever. Then we were at the pool and a staff member told us and other guests our kids could not have pool toys in the pool. The internet service was poor. We had to leave our rooms to use cell phones. My husband told her that it was bought at the market right outside pool gate. She told him he would need to talk to he manager, Rebecca. He went and got our money back. The same staff member walked past several people in the pool drinking alcohol and beer in glass bottles. The pool rules state. No alcohol and no glass bottles. We we packed to leave we forgot some clothes in the dryer and I called the same day we checked out and it is five days later and still no response. Upon check out, I told the front desk girl of these same issues and said we will never come back here. This has been the least desirable resort we have stayed at.

#58189 - 03/05/18 05:05 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
arlpt Offline

Just returned from a 3 night stay in Indio. Beautiful resort that’s very well maintained outdoors. Our 2 bedroom unit was a bit on the small side...good thing we only had 4 people instead of six. Everything else was great with the property except the Internet...very slow if any at all. Even my Verizon smart phone had issues with service inside the units. Only possible service was outside by the pool tables. Staff was little help when called to inquire/complain... all they did is gave you the phone number for tech-support from the Internet company and all they did was offer to give you your money back… What we would really like is the Internet service improved if we’re going to go through the effort of subscribing to it. Not to mention those who need it for work purposes! Come on Worldmark improve your Internet service… This location is not the only poor Internet service within the club!

#57515 - 02/19/17 05:57 AM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
bthorman Offline

We just returned from 7 nights in a 2 bedroom. We were in building 15, which was totally renovated. The good things: carpet, shower surrounds, all the sinks and faucets, darkening blinds, and pillows. Bad things: dark granite counters hard to keep clean, no soap dishes near any sink so soap has to be put on the counter, and the kitchen counter height is too high on the working side the bar stool side is fine.

Loved the lazy river, which still has walking from 8-9 am every day, even though not really "adults only". Hot tubs were great and the market has a lot more items available.

Sales staff was pushy, but I just unplugged the phone in the unit so no calls. We will definitely go back.

#57022 - 07/07/16 04:02 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Chari]
traveling4fun Offline

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Indio is a fantastic resort. The rudeness you experienced really has nothing to do with the resort. Rude, ill-behaved, loud, obnoxious people go to all the resorts. When the group gets that large it is very hard to get it under control and they do ruin vacations. It would have been nice if the resort had moved you to another bldg. if possible. Also, many owners who have large amounts of points book family get togethers on their account which is one of the privileges we still have. The bylaws change on a whim of the board, so this is one that we need to keep.
We went to Dolphins Cove and were frustrated by the loud behavior and slamming of doors from our upstairs neighbors. Until everyone learns that freedom is the ability to do most anything as long as it doesn't impede the freedom of the next guy, we will still have this kind of behavior going on.

#56916 - 05/21/16 09:41 AM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
dogwood98270 Offline

Loc: Washington State
So, sadly it is time to head home. we have been here a week and a half. thoroughly enjoyed this place. we have been to many resorts over the years, and I have to say that this resort has made a really good impression on me. besides all the work they are doing on this resort, which didn't bother us at all, this is definitely a resort that we will want to come back to. the staff are very friendly, very helpful and go out of their way to help anybody out. We went to the lazy river ride almost every day, and to see the lifeguards help with the handling of the tubes, helping people get in and out of their tubes, and keeping the place clean, they definitely get a lot of kudos from this family. The office staff were very friendly and helpful, and when we checked in, the Wyndham staff were trying to get us to go to a presentation, but we explained that we are fine right now, and just trying to have a good time with our grandson. They called once, but not pressuring us. That was a welcome change also. Overall, the resort was clean, well maintained, and a very nice place to spend time at, with the exception of one idiot who was below us the first couple nights. The grandson had a blast, we had a blast, and although this is out in the desert, we found all sorts of things to do, even with the grandson. The weather was beautiful, and I really got my skin darkened up.

#56884 - 05/12/16 07:59 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
dogwood98270 Offline

Loc: Washington State
So, we just got down to this resort. So looking forward to this. We brought our 3 year old grandson down with us, thought he would enjoy it. We get in late, due to a delay with the airline. We arrive at the resort around 6:00. Go out and eat, get back and the grandson lays down for the night around 9:30. He wakes up about 9:00 he next morning. So, quiet time is 10:00 PM to 8:00 am. No problem. But the frigging idiot below us is banging on the floor around 9:00 at night, and then has the balls to call me around 9:30 this morning and complain that my grandson is making too much noise. I hang up on him because I have put up with this from other people for years. I understand that there is a quiet time, but have a common courtesy to let others with kids respect that also. My grandson was quiet during those times. Some people don't get it. I understand people have kids, and I am not one to complain about other people's children. I know they make noise and sometimes they are wound up. It would be really nice if other idiots without kids understood and learned from this. But that being said, my wife and I are down here to have fun and enjoy this place. And I have to say that this resort so far is a really nice place. I will definitely be wanting to come back here.

#56645 - 02/09/16 04:27 PM Re: Lovely stay over New Years, 2011! [Re: shelbe10]
brm0825 Offline

Loc: shelton,wa
Indio is a great resort but they are in need of maintenance, if you want sunshine demand that you do not want bldg 11/12/13/1/2/ no sun. If there is a problem with anything in the room it should not take more than a hour to fix anything, go shopping

#55603 - 02/09/15 12:49 PM Re: Indio Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
JoeandRonnieSue Offline

Loc: Washington
My wife and I have been owners for 9 years. This was our first stay at Indio. We arranged for a family reunion, of sorts. We used a 3 bedroom Presidential and a 2 bedroom. The units were clean and nice. There were a couple small items that were not in order. In one unit the dishwasher motor made a grinding sound and in the other there were no washcloths or dish soap. Went to housekeeping and retreaved the items needed. No big deal. Because the dishwasher sorked, we waited until we left to report the noise.

We were shocked to hear that Worldmark is about to remodel Indio already. The units deffinately don't need a remodel. If anything, maybe just replace some of the appliances, etc. There are other resorts that need much more attention than Indio.
Favorite so far: Indio, CA

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.