Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#12332 - 06/16/04 07:48 PM Ocean Walk Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at the resort in Daytona? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#58085 - 01/19/18 07:50 PM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
CMWP7 Offline

Hi, has anyone stayed at Ocean Walk during 2017? I am concerned about the reviews I am reading and would like to hear from someone who has been there more recently. I am hesitant to stay there after viewing online photos, trip advisor, etc. Please help!

#57356 - 11/29/16 08:36 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
repairmn Offline

We are staying in a Worldmark 2 Br Penthouse. Not quite up to snuff for what you would expect from a PH, but nice and roomy with an oceanfront balcony accessible from both the Living Room and Master Bedroom. The furniture seems a bit substandard, but not bad enough to ruin the stay. The view and location are great. The Ocean Walk shops, theater, and restaurants are attached to the resort.

We see long check in lines in the 4 to 6 o'clock time frame. If you check in later in the evening the lines will be shorter. We checked in around 7:30 and didn't have to wait. The "Master Agents" take care of everything from check-in duties to trying to get you to the sales presentation. You get high pressure to attend and our agent took on a condescending tone when we turned down the update. Otherwise check in would have been fairly painless.

You do check out pool towels for the week as mentioned in other posts. Pools are heated and as of late November everything is open including the water slide, lazy river, hot tubs, and both indoor and outdoor pools. The hot tubs feel nice and hot, hotter than at some resorts. We observed that them draining one of the hot tubs and then refilling it, so I am fairly confident that they are maintaining them.

We cam here from a Wyndham resort in North Myrtle Beach. The units there were smaller, but well maintained. I believe that in general, the Worldmark managed and owned resorts are better than the Wyndham resorts; however, last year we were at Orlando Reunion and it was great.

Bottom line, we reserved a 3-bedroom here at Ocean Walk for next Christmas and New Year's days. We want to come back. If we can get one through club pass, we'll probably switch to a 4-bedroom presidential unit for the extra room and bring more people with us.

EDIT: I wanted to mention that the agent at the front desk said the 3-bedroom units are all ocean front units. That's information that our reservation agents don't have. 2-bedroom units might be ocean front, but they might not be. It's a mix. The 2-bedroom penthouse units are all ocean front. One-bedroom units are all city view. I hope this information helps.

Edited by repairmn (11/29/16 08:40 AM)

#54393 - 03/27/14 12:09 PM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
Cornelio Offline

I'm a World Mark owner and while browsing our site I noticed this ClubPass. Looks good 55 more resorts. Ok but I checked South Carolina and all of them are all Club Pass( I know we have a Worldmark there, even in Texas only one left as Worldmark). I called them and the guy was really avoiding the discussion regarding the $99 per use. I emailed the site as follows(below). I'm sorry this is applicable to all resort. I remembered this before longtime ago one guy from Worldmark called me regarding additional resort obtained by Worldmark he told me in order to use it I need to upgrade my status means more payment etc. I told him I don't even have time to do vacation and he got mad at me and I need to make my own time for vacation and it's not his problem and I need to upgrade my account no matter what. I called the corporate office about this. Anyone reacting to this Club Pass?

Email....

I was browsing the website for some places to stay this coming June during summer vacation and I noticed this new Club Pass which will only be activated by June. Now let's be honest...is there any Worldmark resort in South Carolina before because as of now of all them are all Club pass means if I'm gonna use 3 resort there I have to pay $99x 3. I noticed that some WorldMark properties are converted to clubpass means we have to pay an exchange fee of $99 every time I intended to use it. I might just sell my credit if things like this will continue. Thank you.

Edited by Cornelio (03/27/14 12:11 PM)

#54392 - 03/26/14 06:25 PM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
bfailing Offline

This place might look good on the website but it is a nightmare. The check in process was a ZOO. I got here early, not expecting my room, I was told I would get a call on my cell when the room was ready. I never got the call so I went to check in at 4:00 after 1 hour and 53 minutes I reached the desk. I just happened to get the same clerk, Jodi, she said I tried to call you several times, which was not true, I had taken multiple calls from the office already that day, she said I must have the phone number down wrong and she rattle off another number. I told her it was incorrect and provided her with the correct number, she stated oh that must be the reason, but she did not bother to correct the wrong phone number in the computer or on the registration form. There is no operator to answer the phone. You can actually dial zero and come back to the phone 20 minutes later and the phone is still ringing. We are here for an 8 day stay, it took multiple attempts to get the room cleaned. The day our room was supposed to be cleaned, I went down to the front desk because I could not get anyone to answer the phone. Of course they were nice and told me they would reschedule. I requested 4 sets of towels, I actually said we needed the wash cloths, hand towels etc... I was told they would send them up so I did not have to wait. A few minutes later someone arrived with 5 bath towels only. The employees are coached to lie to you. The hot tubs are cold and the jets are broken. The parking is horrible and overcrowded. The elevators are slow and severely inadequate for the amount of floors and traffic. Our dishwasher was broken, they sent someone up to fix it, well it still broken. We had to request TV remotes, we had to request soaps. I went to the front desk multiple times just to talk to the manager, he is never around? No wonder the place is a mess. WorldMark offers sooooo many other nice places, nix this place from your vacation plans. If you have to come here rent a tent and go to the campground.

#49323 - 01/03/13 08:24 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: BobLeslie]
steeler1mws Offline

We are currently at Ocean Walk. We have a 3 bedroom facing the ocean. All 3 bedrooms here face the ocean. We are here in the cooler weather however yesterday did hit 80 degrees. When we arrived we had to wait in a long line to get checked in but everyone was friendly. When we got to our room the sliding door to the balcony was off track, our safe was locked and one stove burner did not work. My guess that the reason they were not fixed was because the last Worldmark owner that stayed in this unit did not call it in. We did, and everything was fixed. We are having a great time here. We even swam in the ocean (for about 30 seconds). The outdoor pools are heated so they were comfortable. The hot tubs were great too. We got to watch the fireworks from our balcony on New Years Eve. We had a great time walking the beach and boardwalk & checking out all the shops and restaurants
along the way. Yesterday we drove A1A (a coastal highway that runs from the Keys to Maine) to St Augustine. This is a do not miss attraction. What a beautiful City. Tomorrow we will go to Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. This is a great place to stay. Plenty of activities for adults & kids alike. The resort has an indoor bar, eatery with pizza & breakfast foods, a concierge that sells discount tickets to local attractions, 2 indoor & outdoor pools, 3 jacuzzis and a lazy river,A video arcade, an activities center, mini golf, a business center and indoor parking. Worldmark only has 2 floors in Ocean Walk so if you want to get here, book early. Don't listen to all the winers. Everywhere I have stayed has had something wrong with it but it has always been taken care of with 1 phone call. We have only been members since July 2012 and we love Worldmark. We have stayed at Las Vegas on the Blvd., Steamboat Springs, Red River Pinetop and Ocean Walk. We have also toured Bison Ranch, Midway, Taos, Santa Fe. Next year is already booked. We are going to Oceanside, Reno, Las Vegas-Spencer & Bison Ranch in June. In Jul & Aug we go to Lake on the Ozarks & Branson. Then we will be in Hawaii (Kehei-Maui). for 2 weeks next Christmas. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, you have the choice of staying at a Motel 6 or a Days Inn for about the same price as Worldmark. We pick Worldmark!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WORLDMARK!!!!

Mike & Rogene

#48686 - 09/12/12 06:15 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
BobLeslie Offline

We were traveling home and going near Daytona Beach Fl. So we decided to call the reservation number for WORLDMARK to see if there was any room available at OCEAN WALK.
The reservation person was so helpful and nice and took all our info and checked and did get us a room and then followed up to fax the reservation so when we arrived all would be ready.

When we arrived a WYNDHAM Ocean Walk Resort and showed the check-in person my WORLDMARK membership card their friendly smilely faces changed to a frown. She told us we were not in the computer. I had to explain that I had only just called the reservation number and they had made the reservation for tonight and they were faxing over the confirmation. She left and did finally come back with the fax. She told me there is only limited availability for WORLDMARK members at Ocean Walk but they did have room available. I was using BONUS TIME AND PAYING FOR THIS ROOM you would think I would have been treated better. The room over looked the parking entrance to the building. She did suggest I think about giving up my WORLDMARK membership and instead join the WYNDHAM membership and then she would be able to offer a better room location.
Talk about feeling like a second-class citizen....

If you are a WORLDMARK member DO NOT USE THIS LOCATION!!!

Edited by BobLeslie (09/12/12 06:28 AM)

#48349 - 07/25/12 08:30 PM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
Nancym13 Offline

Loc: AZ
Does anyone know if there are any plans to update the units at Ocean Walk? Have they recently updated them? I'm reading recent reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites and am getting nervous. I have a unit booked for the second weekend in August 2012 and am taking some friends with me. They know that I love my WorldMark ownership and I will be really embarrassed if we get there and the units are dirty and rundown. I've never been to a WorldMark resort that I didn't like (and we've been to quite a few) and I'm worried that this location won't be up to WorldMark standards.

#48024 - 06/15/12 08:40 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
shelliej Offline

We just returned from our 5th stay at OceanWalk, and this was the first time I had been disappointed.

Benefits of the resort were the same as before: great pools, right on the beach, lots to do on-site like the many pools, arcade(fee), Play room (with a classic Xbox??), pool tables(fee), miniature golf(free), board games (free), and kids activities(fee). The Security staff was the shining star of the resort, they handled unruly kids and all day chair savers well. Also, the bellman were great. The rooms were clean except the furniture and the kitchen appliances were well updated.

We went in peak season for the first time and I'm not sure the resort is equipped to handle capacity. The disappointments were as follows:

1. They ran out of beach towels to check out. You are granted only enough for your guests and you are responsible for cleaning your towel the entire time you are there, so this was just poor planning on their part.
2. There are no pool chairs to be found unless you do a Black-Friday style run at 8am when they open. In their defense, security handles this well. There just isn't enough room.
3. The pool bar isn't open most of the time. The good part is there are bars in the attached shopping center.
4. We had our dryer break at 11pm, luckily someone came to fix it right away. Unfortunately, he said it was fixed and left and it was still broken. We called again immediately and no one came until late the next day. Maintenance was in the hallway calling front desk about a broken dryer and they couldn't find the room. I told them I think it was our room. He yelled at me that it wasn't our room, there were lots of dryer calls. Everything was in slight disrepair. I wonder if they have laid off maintenance staff recently. The person who eventually fixed our dryer was awesome.
5. Checkout was at 12 and housekeeping started coming at 10am and kept trying after that.
6. The activities desk was slightly rude and clearly exasperated at the crowd of people that needed things. It was like we were bothering them.
7. Good luck getting front desk to answer the phone any time of day even late at night. The check in staff was awesome but after that they were so rude.
8. Couch, chairs and bedcovers need to be updated. Ours were dirty, stained and ripped.
9. Elevators were impossible to catch. We went up 11 flights of stairs instead. I think the service elevator was down the whole time because often they were taken up by service staff.
10. Parking: One spot per reservation no matter how many people. That said, there are more rooms than spots in the garage. So, if you're lucky enough to get a spot, dont leave it. You'll come back to a "garage full" sign and have to park in a garage across the street that is not managed by the resort. When this happens, they need a valet on staff to park it for you in the other lot.

That said, we'll be back. I just think the staff needs some CS retraining (Rude staff can ruin even the most perfect resort), some the maintenance staff needs to be re-evaluated, they need to plan better for peak periods, and furniture needs to be updated. The over-crowded conditions are beyond control I guess. There are more rooms than the resort can handle in the other areas of the resort. If you can help it, don't go in peak season.

Edited by shelliej (06/15/12 08:46 AM)

#48023 - 06/15/12 07:20 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: renee w]
shelliej Offline

The only noticeable difference between the 2 BR Penthouse and the 2 Br Deluxe is that the 2BRD only has a slider to the balcony in the living room, the 2BRPH also has a slider to the balcony from the Master Bedroom. I was told the PH is about 100 sf larger but I only noticed that the entry hall was larger, and who cares about that. The nice part is that the 2BRPH are only on the ocean side so you are guaranteed that. If you book a standard 2BR, they wont guarantee a ocean view, and if you get a street view or a view to the hotel next to you, it's ugly and you hear traffic all night instead of the waves. It's worth it for the points difference, but I wish they wouldn't call it a penthouse. It's nowhere near the basic definition of a penthouse.

Edited by shelliej (06/15/12 07:20 AM)

#47385 - 03/13/12 06:29 PM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: renee w]
Golf2Live Offline

Loc: Yelm, Washington
We stayed here a couple of years ago, ocean front two bedroom, and loved loved it!! Very clean, everything was stocked, staff was exceptional!! Parking can be an issue. But, I would give this resort a 9 ot of 10, and would go back!!!

#47378 - 03/13/12 12:09 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
renee w Offline

Loc: oregon
Hello! I have been a Worldmark owner for about 14 years and a fractional owner at Depoe Bay, Oregon (wonderful property) for nearly 13 years. We just made reservations for Ocean Walk the end of January 2013 in the 2 bedroom Penthouse.

After reading these reviews and the ones on Trip Advisor I have concerns about the quality, service and cleanliness of the rooms at Worldmark Ocean Walk. I checked this property on the Internet as well. This reservation is not just for my husband and myself but for my parents who are very fussy about their accommodations. I also wondered what the difference is between the 2 bedroom deluxe and the 2 bedroom penthouse? It is 400 more credits for the week than the deluxe 2 bedroom and 200 more than a 3 bedroom.

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you!

#45128 - 05/07/11 07:37 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
GreatTimes Offline

Loc: USA
Just returned from Ocean Walk Daytona Beach Property (4-29-11), and had a wonderful time! Our 2 Bedroom Deluxe unit was perfect. We had a partial ocean view and partial view of the Halifax, the best of both worlds. Our unit was spacious, clean and the staff was wonderful. Very large pool, great beach access and location are perfect for all ages. I highly recommend this property, and we hope to bring our family back next year. NOTE- stayed one night at the Hilton, was a terrible disappointment, ocean view room was small, dirty and staff was not friendly. I would not recommend the Hilton (a few blocks from Ocean Walk) there is no comparison, the Hilton needs to clean up their act! Pool towels at the Hilton are so small they fall in the same category as a dish towel!

#44969 - 04/16/11 11:02 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: garylchandler]
wolseyfam Offline

No free internet in the rooms. You can use the wifi in the lobby, but even Travel Share members don't get free internet.

You have to check out the pool towels. If you want a luggage cart to use, you have to check it out.

We enjoyed the pools and the mini golf, and it's right by the beach and a movie theater.

We were surprised to find out this is a Wyndham property not a Worldmark property since it is not marked that way on the website.

Also, the check-in survey is just an attempt to get you to attend a presentation on joining Wyndham.

#44270 - 02/01/11 09:59 AM Re: Ocean Walk Resort Review [Re: ]
garylchandler Offline

I have been a WorldMark member for 15 years and have stayed in many resorts. We have always enjoyed our stays. One of the things I have found with the worldmark resorts is that they are very good generally at making you feel not like an important owner and not just a Hotel visitor.

We were excited as I saved up some credits and booked 3 three bedrooms condos for all of my kids and grandkids (24 of us in all) We had previously done a similar stay in the Orlando resort in January and had a wonderful experience. So we decided to go in January again to get away from the snow here in Idaho.

The first problem we had was the weather. Not anyone's fault, but it was quite cold this January, which limited the activities we could participate in.

The biggest disappointment was in the Ocean Walk experience. As luck would have it we ended up checking in at the same time as a very large group of cheerleaders that were there for a competition. The lobby was jam packed with people when we got there and the line to check in was very long. We waited for 45 minutes in line to check in. With all the grandchildren this was a trying experience. I had requested 3 months early that the 3 condos be on the same floor. They apparently could not handle this simple request as they put two condos on the 11th floor and one on the 14th floor. The check in procedure was far too complicated and time consuming.

Then they would only allow one parking pass for each condo. With 24 people we could not possibly have come in three cars. We had 4 cars and we were told the fourth would have to pay for parking across the street at $8 for each 12 hours. This was hard to handle as there were still a lot of empty spots in the parking lot that night.

When we finally got to our condos, we were rattled. I can only get away from work if I have internet access to be able to work while I am away. I immediately found that the internet access was not provided without an additional cost. This always annoys me. I paid their fee and still the access was slow.

We were charged extra for a crib and a high chair usage. I really started feeling nickel and dimed.

During our stay the door handle fell off of one bedroom door and the shower handle fell off in a bathroom. The staff was quite responsive in getting these fixed.

Since it was cold outside the lazy river and outside pools were out of the question, so we went swimming in the indoor pool. Even getting the wristbands to allow us to go swimming was confusing and frustrating as they complained about our having the three condos in different names, etc. This process took about 20 minutes and left me feeling like they did me some sort of favor to give me so many wristbands. The pool towel policy was very strict with the threat of charging for towels not returned. I understand, but on top of the other things, it did not feel friendly. The pool had way way too much chlorine and made your eyes sting really bad. The complained of eye pain for 24 hours after the swim. The hot tub outside did not smell very good but the temperature was okay.

Overall the feeling of being pampered at most Worldmark resorts was completely missing. I felt like a number at a large hotel where no one really cared that much. I spoke to the customer service and resort people and they just seemed to want to push the blame elsewhere. I got the feeling that this was a big hotel. If this is the way Wyndham runs their hotels I am not excited that they bought Worldmark. I hope the service level does not fall to this level at other resorts.

The condos were spacious and adequate although the couches were plain and not very comfortable. Dish washing soap and other such items had to be specially requested.

Overall we had a good time in spite of the arrangements and problems and the weather, but I would definitely choose a different condo if I had it to do over again.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.