Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11534 - 04/13/04 09:19 PM Questions and Comments for Denarau Island
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation/Holiday Journal or for their awesome Photo/snaps album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Fiji", "Kudos; Journal - Fiji", or "Kudos; Photo/Snaps album - Fiji". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#49327 - 01/03/13 05:04 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
dolphoto Offline

This resort has major problems. The impact of the construction is much worse than advertised. The biggest problems are getting into and out of the resort because you have to walk through mud puddles and over a slippery metal grate. I almost fell several times and my luggage was mud splattered getting to the cab. There are also lingering issues from the cyclone such as TV outages. My building never got any while I was there. Maintenance was beyond ineffective. They kept saying the problem would be fixed in 5 minutes when it never was. As a result, I spent most of my first day sitting in my unit waiting. Another problem was an air conditioner which spewed water all over the floor. That was fixed fairly quickly, but it took half an hour for a guy to come back with a mop. The only compensation I got for any of this was one free DVD for one night and a 24 hour internet pass.

#49280 - 12/21/12 07:59 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: dkowalewski]
bjohnson Offline

Whats the latest and greatest on the remodel. I arrive mid July 2013 ? I have visited before, where are the three bedrooms located ?

#49138 - 11/29/12 01:07 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: Zechenia]
dkowalewski Offline

Loc: UT
Don't spend a bunch of money to fly over and then stay on the resort the whole time! If nothing else, take one of the outer islands tours leaving from the port. We just came from there and did the SeaSpray trip which was wonderful. Got to see several of the other islands, had about an hour to snorkel(great), and they provided lunch and all drinks. It was a fun day. Do BEWARE of the sun as it is very intense and you can burn in minutes(even if its cloudy).
The Boola Bus only stays on the island and for $F7 a day, its cheaper to ride the Wesbus(yellow) that goes the same places including Nadi at $F1 a trip.

#49119 - 11/25/12 07:19 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: Zechenia]
bensminger Offline

Zechenia:
Yes, the resort is right on the beach which is safe for swimming. Of course, the swimming pool is huge and is nice as well. You can even walk along the beach for a long distance, going around the other adjacent resorts - Radisson, Sheraton, etc.
The resort is very nice, and once they complete the construction it will be even nicer.
I think you will find everything you need within easy walking distance, unless you want to do some shopping other than what is in the nearby resorts. Of course, the prices in the resorts are much higher than in town. But the bus fare to town is very cheap - FJD$1.

#48953 - 10/22/12 10:05 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
Zechenia Offline

I have been reading a couple pages on this thread but haven't seen a direct answer to these question (though I am sure somewhere in all the pages it's probably been answered).

I am researching for a good location for my honeymoon in August of 2014. It's going to be the first tropical vacation for my fiance, so we're trying to get a worldmark location that is right on the beach. However, it's important to us that the beach is also swimmable.

Is the beach at this condo safe for swimming? The resort is located right on the beach, correct? We really want someplace that we don't need to leave the property during our vacation unless we really want to, and ideally would like everything we need within walking distance. Would this be the case for this resort?

Thanks!

#46900 - 12/21/11 07:06 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
richardo21 Offline

Loc: Alaska
My family and I went in Feb 2010, the 17th through the 2nd of March. We stayed at the resort for 5 nights then stayed on a resort for 7 night. There was a hurricane threatening and just a day or so prior, Lautoka had flooded and there were trees down when we got to Nadi. The mainland was dreary and grey with wind but thankfully the hurricane moved off to the cook islands. The resort was great, the people at the resort and throughout were the best. The nightly serenaders were something to look forward to. Trips into Nadi on the first couple of days were kind scarey, not knowing, but now I know the people were gracious and happy, I honestly did not see one frown or angry person, ( also not many eyeglass wearers...Hmm)
We got lured into a shop. I bought something of course, and I strive to support local markets, the people appreciated that, they also clued me in on taking many snacks and other things to the resort because things are very expensive on the outer islands. Getting around was a breeze, you get a taxi, find out how much and away you. One of our drivers waited for us in the parking lot while we toured, we must have drove 2-3 hours to reach the park where we toured, Taxis abound, also there is a bus you can catch for very little, it makes the rounds into town. It was fun mingling with the locals. They click ( like calling a horse) to make the bus driver stop. The beach at the resort leaves a lot to be desired, but we were saving water fun until out on the resort. The package for the resort was 1700.00 AMD per person which was 7 nights on the resort, and airfare from LAX. A heck of a deal. So we booked the resort for 7 nights but stayed 5. If you can, try to book a day before or pay for a night so that you will be able to go right to your room. The tour of Navala village up the Sigatoka river was outstanding, and so was the Fiji Zipline tour. The diving I did was from the resort, and had a great time, dove with sharks too. We met many great people and collected several emails and offers for homestays, ( stay at a Fijian familys home) The resort food cost was as you would expect, if you buy rice and some staples, you can get by pretty well, I bought a fresh bunch of bananas from a roadside stand for 2.00 FJD and a bag of sweet corn for 3.00FJD. This and rice and some canned goods made a great meal for several nights. The Fijian Coffee Company has great beans and I should have bought more than I did. I did notice that Fiji is not as internet saturated as the US ( meaning not every business is listed in the web). You can rent a cell phone at the airport or just the SD card, just make sure to turn it in. I bought 1500.00 FJD before I went, but there was no need as ATMs are throughout the airport and the hotels. I know much more now for my second trip. Oh a little about the weather...the rainy season is not a "Monsoon" season. It just means that they get more rain. The weather off shore at our island resort was awesome while the mainland got Rain. My suggestion is use the resort for land based activities and get to a resort for a real taste of South Pacific island life.

I will put a request out there that I would like to get 2.5 Kilogram of Fijian coffee from the Fijian Coffee Company. If there is anyone going sometime, please email me and help me PLEASE!!!!!!! This coffee is so good and I have scoured the web looking for some and can't find it.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! If you are going, email me at richardo21@yahoo.com. I WILL PAY HANDSOMELY!!

#46777 - 11/29/11 10:55 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
cletus Offline

Loc: Southern Oregon
Does anyone have any input on the construction going on at the resort. I was there in February 2010 for a wonderful 21 days. I am thinking of a trip again this February, but if the construction project is such that it will make the stay unpleasant I will put it off. I plan to leave the resort on many day trips so I am mostly just concerned about the pool and restaurant being open and how noisy the construction is. Thanks

#46673 - 11/06/11 12:11 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
OregonJohn Offline

Loc: Dallas, Oregon
Our first (but certainly not last) trip to Fiji earlier this year was one of our best vacations ever! Two wonderful weeks in paradise. Resort is beautiful -- spent a lot of time in and around the terrific pool. Lots of fun activities (must do the frog races!!) Resort-sponsored shopping trip to Nadi as worthwhile. It stops at the Aussie-owned butcher shop on the return trip and in Nadi you have plenty of time to shop at the large grocery store and go to the local farmers market (great prices on fresh, yummy produce). Best of several excursions we took was the Whale's Tale sail to their private island (snorkeling, kayak, beach volleyball, good breakfast on the ship and outstanding lunch buffet in covered "dining hall", unlimited drinks made for a great day (from 8:30 to 5:30). Tried several restaurants at nearby resorts and at Port of Denarau. Most were pretty good and fairly priced (but don't waste your time or money on Moo Moo at the Westin). Cross at the Radisso, next to WM is OUTSTANDING! Comparable fine dining to some of the best in San Francisco. Very accommodating too -- Chef/owner Richard Cross visited with us before our first dinner (we went 3 times) and when my wife expressed disappointment that lobster was not on the menu, he said he would personally prepare it for her. Just tell him what size she wanted! Needless to say, the lobster he made for her was scrumptious! Everything we tried in 3 visits was wonderful -- the appetizer tray of several goodies (including a martini!) was especially memorable. One other suggestion: Hire one of the local cab drivers to take you on a tour of the northwest coastal area, into the "mountains" and local villages. We hired one for $150 for all day (4 people) compared to $80 per person for a commercial tour that has nowhere near the personal attention.

#46540 - 10/10/11 12:50 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
JTapia Offline

Can anyone provide the names of reputable diving companies by the resort? Same question for ocean fishing?

Reputable but affordable would be great.

Many thanks,
Jorge

#46402 - 09/17/11 09:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Denarau Island [Re: ]
helhur Offline

Am going to Denarau Island in the next fortnight and would love some feedback on local restaurants and also info on breakfast and the nearby resorts, Thanjs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.