Long Beach Resort Review

Posted by: editor

Long Beach Resort Review - 09/03/08 11:25 AM

Have you stayed at Long Beach? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: LauraO22

Re: Long Beach Resort Review - 03/14/15 05:32 PM

This is our 2nd time staying at Long Beach.

The resort is clean, well maintained and the staff fantastic.

The WiFi needs updating. My membership allows me free WiFi but browsing onto the site to register and login is a major pain. The connection is extremely slow and only two people can be logged into the WiFi at any given time. Not good for a weekend with three teenagers. I tried to VPN to my work and the connection was so slow and delayed I could not get anything done. BTW...the tech support folks were very nice.

I would have been furious if I had been charged for the use of this lame WiFi. Time for some updating in this area!
This is 2015 - practically everyone offers free WiFi now.
Posted by: Jolly_Mon

Re: Long Beach Resort Review - 09/21/15 10:07 AM

In answer to Laura022 about the WiFi, we had a problem connecting on the computer too. I had never had this problem with any other WM resort. My wife, however, had no problem at all on her IPAD and connected right away. After several tries, putting in my password, and watching the timer go round and round, getting bored, I walked away letting it perk. When I came back to the computer several minutes later, I was connected and never had a problem connecting after that. It was a reasonable speed to do what I needed to do. So I guess the key is to have patience, walk away, have another cup of coffee, and wait for the connection to do its thing. This should have been faster, but at the start, I had some message from my security software about the site and I just ignored it.

The rest of the stay was just what we’ve come to expect at WorldMark resorts, it was wonderful. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and great views. One of the staff suggested a restaurant for dinner since he worked there. We went and had a wonderful dinner (read our review in “Area Restaurants”).
Posted by: lindaj

Re: Long Beach Resort Review - 01/16/17 08:02 PM

We just finished a stay at Long Beach. It is a great location. The staff at the front desk was wonderful. The bed was so comfortable, I slept long past when I usually do!
The pool is large and looks great, although it is a little cool this time of year! They don't cover it and it is unseasonably cool outside right now. But, it was fine once you got in and started swimming.
Long Beach has a wonderful boardwalk, with signs and interesting statues/monuments.
We drove to Cape Disappointment and visited both lighthouse areas. We also went to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center which was wonderful! It is well laid out, for all ages.
Our only negative comment would be ------ you have to step over to another desk for your parking pass. Sound familiar? Yes, they definitely want you to listen to "just a 60 minute update". I was a bit wishy-washy about saying "no", so they called us about five times to see if we wanted to come as they had some new openings in their times. I do not like that! I realize they have to keep renting and I have been to enough of these to know I can learn new techniques and strategies ---- but! It is difficult when you know, every time the phone rings, that they want you to come.
Other than that, it was great. We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely go back sometime.

Have also been to Kihei, Kauai, Leavenworth-WA, Granby - CO, Victoria, Oceanside - CA, Canmore-Banff, Steamboat Springs-CO, West Yellowstone, Kona, Eagle Crest, Running Y, Seaside (all three Oregon), Birch Bay, Surfside Inn (both WA), and South Mountain Preserve (AZ).
Posted by: THEMONSTERUNDERY

Re: Long Beach Resort Review - 05/03/18 06:12 AM

We really enjoyed Long Beach. The staff was top notch. Dvd player didnt work so it was replaced. dish washer didnt work right, it too was replaced. It is a nice location.The boardwalk was a nice walk, 1/4 mile each way. We visited Fort Columbia,Cape Dissapointment and even traveled to Aberdeen, Wa. It was really nice. And, yes, the only downer was getting the parking pass. We checked in then was told ,we had to get a parking pass at the desk behind us. We turned around and saw two to three vultures (salesman) just drooling to hand us a parking pass. The dreaded PARKING PASS. Oh nooo..You wont get THE PARKING PASS,until you are willing to give up your first born. The barrage of super offers, fantastic programs, information over load . What a way to start your "vacation". Once you get through that, its time to enjoy.