Taos Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Taos Resort Review - 06/12/07 11:15 AM

Have you stayed at Taos? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark vacationers what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: im4maxi

Re: Taos Resort Review - 10/15/11 08:13 PM

We just returned from two nights in WM Taos and it's one of the the nicest WM's we've stayed in. One bedroom two bath very roomy although we did have to move the dining table towards the kitchen a bit so we could leave the Murphy bed down. No problem, tho.
The entrance and lobby are very impressive and the room furnishings nice. (Sure wish they'd update Depoe Bay!)
Our stay started and ended in Albuquerque at the Balloon Fiesta....had a great time the whole week.
Posted by: edmarija

Re: Taos Resort Review - 12/13/11 02:50 PM

Just a quick up dated post on Taos, NM. My wife and I stayed there over Thanksgiving Nov. 22 thru 29. Our Son and Daughter-in-law live in Angel Fire, NM in a small one bedroom house and to avoid over crowding with all the family we opted to stay in WM Taos. It was just great. the staff was very helpful and I loved the way the lobby and other common rooms were decorated.
We stayed in a 1 bdr 2 bath room and the Saturday after thanksgiving our Son and Daughter-in-law stayed with us and we found ample room when the murphey bed was down.
Had a great time and we are planning to return in the early summer.
Posted by: PBLCTZ81

Re: Taos Resort Review - 05/15/12 06:32 PM

We stayed in Taos earlier this month 5/4/12. I loved the large lobby and the decor of this WM. The staff were warm and inviting, very helpful too. This resort, probably because of the time of year was very very peaceful and quiet. Mostly older folks were staying here at the time of our visit. There were three of us and we had a one bedroom two bath unit. Very nice although the smaller kitchen took a bit of getting use to but we were only there for two days so not a problem. The laundry facility was nice and clean. The workout area was very nice too. The shopping of Taos is within walking distance of the resort and frankly I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else while visiting this unique little town.
Posted by: Justthe2ofus

Re: Taos Resort Review - 01/01/14 09:43 AM

We stay in a one bedroom at the back of the resort on Dec 9 and 10. The weather was extremely cold for us SoCal people, but we made the best of it. The town is quaint and within walking distance if it is not 16 degrees outside. The resort is very nice, the lobby is 2 story with a large fireplace (think ski lodge). The staff was very nice. The room we had was a hotel type room, no full kitchen, just small fridge, microwave and dishwasher. The bathroom was big and the bedroom was WM sized. The town is very artsy and has many shops to browse. If you go please go see and drive over the Rio Grande River Gorge Bridge. Stunning!!!
Posted by: bobalou

Re: Taos Resort Review - 06/08/14 08:22 PM

We stayed here for 6 nights in early June. Weather was good all the time. Building is beautiful, and well maintained (as is the grounds). Taos Plaza withing walking distance. Taos Art Museum right next door. The building only has 1 and 2 BR units, so not many children were here, so the pool was very quiet and relaxing for we old duffers. Also (unbelievably) there was no Wyndham sales staff there, so no high pressure "update" tactics. How nice is that!
Posted by: cynthreab

Re: Taos Resort Review - 04/10/21 08:44 AM

Trying to compare with Red River, so a recent review would be great!