Where to Shop - West Yellowstone

Posted by: Forum Host

Where to Shop - West Yellowstone - 06/12/07 11:10 AM

Everything from where the closest grocery store is to where to shop for authentic souvenirs. We want to hear where you enjoyed spending that precious combination: time and money.
Posted by: Jack and Jo

Re: Where to Shop - West Yellowstone - 08/08/11 01:42 PM

The grocery store prices seemed comparable to our hometown even though they were slightly higher. With a group of nine people and no extra room to put groceries in two vehicles we bought what we needed when we arrived. At the Riverside Station a six pack of beer was $6.99 and one quart of whole milk $2.39. The Market Place sold a gallon of Darigold homogenized milk for $5.61 a gallon, cantaloupe and bananas for .89 a pound and a six pack of water for $2.79. The Westgate Station and Eagle Chevron sold regular unleaded for $3.939 a gallon. Several stores sold Christmas ornaments, t-shirts and magnets. All of which are within walking distance from the resort. There were shops with souvenirs in each main area of the park. Both my husband and I arrived in West Yellowstone without a jacket. We each found one at the Bargain Depot at 50% off. This was a lucky find. The store is located on the road into Yellowstone Park. It is one of the last buildings as you leave town to enter the park.
Posted by: btaylor

Re: Where to Shop - West Yellowstone - 07/24/12 05:38 PM

The grocery stores - there's 2 of them are very limited. I would bring as much as possible with you as the selection was very limited, produce/fruit poor and expensive. We ended up shopping in Cody since we went to the museum as they have an Albertson's.
Posted by: Papa

Re: Where to Shop - West Yellowstone - 07/24/15 06:04 AM

Our granddaughter enjoyed the souvenier shop at Grizzly and Wolf Discovery and the souvenir shop just this side of dairy queen. For groceries we went to the market place and found selection was limited, but got all of what we needed for a family of five at about the cost of most remote resorts. Gas prices in town were very fair. Used out senior national park pass to save $30 admission for multiple days.