Canmore Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Canmore Resort Review - 03/14/07 02:02 PM

Have you stayed at the Canmore resort? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: wheelerowner

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 07/17/12 09:09 PM

Since there has been no review for a while, I thought I'd check in with an update. We just got back from 8 days at the WorldMark in Canmore and we were very happy with the resort. The room was clean, updated, and while not very large --we had a one bedroom unit on 5th floor--it was suitable for the 2 of us. A simple rearrangement of the furniture would be easy to do, as having the dresser about 10 inches from the foot of the bed required some manuvering, especially at night! If they would move the dresser to the corner and mount the tv on the wall instead, it would make more efficient use of an otherwise dead corner and be a better layout. Same for the living room--move the chair to the dead corner by the balcony door and/or get a smaller chair.

Only complaint would be the size of the pool (which is shared with an adjoining resort). It is a very small pool and only maybe 8 or 9 chairs. Woefully inadequate for the size of the resort.

The Canmore-Banff area is beautiful. So much to see and do! Enjoy!!
Posted by: edrispin

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 09/03/12 07:41 AM

We just had a family reunion there, 31 of us,we were there for 7 days, 6 units. The staff were great and we all had a blast. The first time we had all 7 kids together with their families. Was Calgary's 50th anniversary and everyone was able to go there and in Calgary they have the best Zoo. It is only 1 hour away, and there is a theme park Calaway that some went to, also attended marathons in Calgary, visited Banff Hot Springs and lots of hiking, wildlife and local entertainment in Canmore.

All in all a fantastic time, small pool but most of us fit in okay,

Posted by: Kerry125

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 10/04/12 07:25 PM

Our family took a quick extended weekend getaway to the Worldmark Canmore/Banff.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit and there were 3 adults, 3 kids (really wish there were three bedroom units here).

We were happily surprised by the location of the resort, it is 2 minutes out of Canmore and exactly 18 minutes to the townsite of Banff. We found an incredible lake (Quarry Lake I believe it was called). This little haven was an easy 10 minute walk from the resort and a must see!

The room was a decent size - even though I prefer 3 bedrooms for 6 people, the kitchen was truly a mini, this is advertized......and it is true!

Resort staff was minimal, but always happy to help. Facilities were all clean and everything seemed to be in good working order. Quite cool at night, but quite warm during the day while we were there- made controlling the thermostat a challenge, but staff were generous with filling our extra bedding requests so we were quite comfortable.

Lots to see and do in both Canmore and Banff.
Overall I was pleased with his resort and I will definitely go back. I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort to friends or family.
Posted by: rijaka

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 07/04/16 09:06 PM

We are just finishing our trip to Canmore. The resort is clean and beautiful. It's about 30 minutes walking distance, or 5 minute drive to the city centre of Canmore. The location is quiet with breathtaking views.
We had a room on the 6th floor looking towards the Three Sisters and the pool. This side can be a bit noisy when people are in the pool. The rooms are as stated on the Worldmark website, smaller than typical Worldmark rooms. eek We had two 1 bedroom units for 6 people because we were unable to get a 2 bedroom via the waitlist. The kitchen is small, but adequate for one person at a time cooking/cleaning. It has all the items the full kitchen has except for the full size oven (microwave/convection instead) and the oven pans and glass baking dishes. It's tricky baking in the convection oven due to lack of pans. I would suggest bringing or purchasing aluminum pans if you plan any baking.

The bedroom is also small. There isn't much room between the foot of the bed and the dresser. The closet is not deep. There is only room for a minimal amount of clothes. The bed is very comfortable and there is a window darkening screen which is great for sleeping in the summer. The main room doesn't have one, and the sofa bed is not very comfortable.

The bathroom has a very small vanity as well. The rest of the bathroom is a nice size.

smile The resort staff were very kind, helpful, and friendly. They had lots of information about the area and discounts for restaurants as well.
The pool was very small for the size of the resort and is shared between 2 resorts. Often there were so many active children in the evening. The morning was a good time to use it if you want to relax or swim. The hot tub was a great temperature.
The facility has a common area for movies, billiards, arts and crafts, and playing games on a table. There are 6 barbecues off the lobby. They were always available when we needed them. The laundry area was also adequate and available when we needed it. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to come again!
Posted by: Icc5

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 09/20/16 03:52 AM

Just there the week of Sept. 11-18. Everything there in great working order, staff was fantastic in answering questions, looking something up for us. Everyone we met was great, fast elavators.
Posted by: encholland

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 08/25/17 07:39 AM

August 17-20

We do an annual motorcycle trip and decided to stay in Canmore this year. First impression, very well kept property not to far from town. We checked in very easily and parked our bikes in the garage. Opened up room on the 6th floor and was a little disappointed in the size of the room. It felt a little small, with a larger bedroom, larger bathroom, but small living room and kitchen. I also wished we would have had a balcony and definitely wished we had washer and dryer in unit. Now looking out the window, we viewed out the back of the place. We could not see much due to trees and all, but we were not there to sit and look out the window on our vacation.
The employees there were very friendly. From prompt service at the desk from locking the door card in the room and needing a replacement to allowing us a little spare time in the hot tub. The BBQ's and sitting area are very clean as well as the pool area. Very relaxing and cool.
I was slightly disappointed that the resort had no shuttle service, but they offered a taxi service that one of the employees owns. The taxi was very reasonable and service was quick.
All and all, we truly enjoyed our stay at this resort. The only problem that I did have was the early curfew on the hot tub.
Posted by: TWilton

Re: Canmore Resort Review - 10/18/18 01:25 PM

We are relatively new WorldMark owners but have stayed in 10 properties so far. We love the Canmore resort. It is the closest WorldMark to where we live and so we are using it as a get away place. The setting is spectacular, at the foot of snowcapped mountains. A welcoming downtown with great shops and restaurants is a 5 minute drive (30 minute walk) away. Day trips can include world famous Banff and Lake Louise. The drive between Canmore and Jasper is one of the most beautiful drives in the world. A major city with an international airport is an hour away. This area is truly a hiker's paradise. The resort itself is cozy, certainly the units are smaller than in many WorldMark resorts, and very nicely appointed. It has undergone a recent, and highly successful, remodel. The staff of the resort are friendly and seem as though they would go the extra mile to insure that the owner's stay is pleasant. This feels more and more like a home away from home for us.