Big Bear Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Big Bear Resort Review - 03/01/04 04:16 PM

Have you stayed at Big Bear? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: ascoffee

Re: Big Bear Resort Review - 01/13/16 10:36 AM

We have had our WorldMark ownership in the family since 1996. Over those 20 years we have stayed in dozens of resorts covering 5 west coast states. The Big Bear resort has been a stop for us a total of 3 times, and we all agree that it is our favorite #1 WorldMark resort. Here's why:

1) Customer service. Of all the resorts we have stayed in, the staff here is always friendly and helpful. One time a gentleman at the front desk went out of his way to make sure my wife and I were treated special for our anniversary. Also, this is the only place we have stayed where we have never faced high pressure to attend a sales presentation, and if we do attend, they haven't practically forced us to buy more credits like the other places have.

2) Resort amenities. Well maintained beautiful resort with a ton of stuff to do. Great pool and hot tubs, tennis and basketball courts, play area for the kids, large recreation center, and tons of area to walk around and explore. Parking can be limited when resort is full, but you can at least still find a space.

3) Quality rooms. Clean, spacious, quite and comfortable rooms. Love the layouts and all the amenities. Great views from every floor.

4) Great area. Big Bear city has great activities for the whole family. Whether it is summertime in the lake or winter skiing and inner tubing on the mountain, or a visit to the downtown areas local shops and restaurants, when you stay here, you have a lot of options to get out and enjoy.

5) Location. Big Bear is only a couple hours outside of one of the biggest cities in the world, yet when you are up there you feel a million miles away. The clean mountain air, quiet streets, and beautiful scenery makes this a perfect weekend get away. Or if you are visiting from somewhere far, you can always drive down the mountain and enjoy some city hustle bustle as well.
Posted by: sdbeachmom

Re: Big Bear Resort Review - 06/09/16 09:42 PM

Very beautiful and super roomy rooms. Right in the middle of everywhere you need to go to in the Big Bear area. Out the back area of the resort you can walk to the grocery store and a few sandwhich places.
Or, of course you can drive. Our room was super clean. There is no a/c so bring a fan to cool off the rooms with the windows open.
Pool is large and game room really nice. Game and movie night certain nights.
Posted by: Smitty

Re: Big Bear Resort Review - 09/25/17 08:02 AM

We stayed at the Big Bear resort for the 1st time this month. The location was great. Behind bldg 29 is a short walk to Staler Brothers supermarket and Von's is across the street. It is fine if you are not buying too much to carry back. The 1 bedroom is a nice size and very clean for our visit. There is no AC, but there are ceiling fans in the bedroom and the living room. At night it was very cold but the central heating and fire place worked fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not attend the sales update.
Posted by: marz

Re: Big Bear Resort Review - 07/05/18 08:36 PM

Greetings, I was reading your review and got a little concerned about no AC. I'm looking at traveling there to get away from the heat of LA next month. You didn't mention when you were there. Can you state the dates you were there? Does it cool off at night? That's when I have trouble sleeping if it's too hot. I live in LA so I could pack a fan if needed... But how about the ceiling fans? Do you know if the're in all the rooms? I'm looking at a studio.. Thanks for your time in advance, Mare