Bass Lake Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Bass Lake Resort Review - 03/01/04 03:59 PM

Have you stayed at Bass Lake? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: cocaman

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - 07/19/15 04:29 PM

Reviewed July 2015 Have stayed here twice. Most recent was May of this year. A very nice resort. Great place to stay if you're planning a visit to Yosemite National Park. It is a quick drive to the park entrance. Our first visit was in the month of August. We spent three days exploring the park. This time we just hoped to see the waterfalls flowing, and though California is in a drought, there was water falling this time. The town of Oakhurst in nearby and has grocery shopping and dining choices. The town of Bass Lake is even closer, and it's quaint or cute, your choice, but not as big as Oakhurst. The pool at the resort was quite welcome in August. Rooms are nice, with bedrooms upstairs. Another good WM resort. A fun area to explore.
Posted by: lfarhadi

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - 04/18/17 10:21 AM

This is our third time staying at this resort. We've loved it every time. The units are like small town homes, ample room to spread, bedrooms upstairs. One of our favorites in terms of the units themselves, an in close proximity to Yosemite.

This time, however, we were surprised to find that somehow the management had thought that, this being a "destination resort" (aren't they all?), there was no need for club house amenities. They've gotten rid of the indoor common areas, though that's not reflected on the website listing for the resort. We are here in Spring, and it's rained three days in a row now, and without the additional options from amenities on the property, there is nothing to do.

A BIG disappointment and a thumbs down on that aspect. Every resort has a common area, at least every single one we've visited so far. Ping pong, pool table, arcade, and a small indoor workout room. All those are gone. Left is the pool (cold and rainy outside...), a basketball court, and an outdoor ping pong table that's useless in the rain.
Posted by: ward1

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - 08/12/17 02:46 PM

Have been owners for 12 years; only time we have been disappointed with for number of reasons; could not check in at 4pm, called several hours in advance to check, wife had migraine; finally got in about 5pm; called 800 number was told resort would compensate us but nothing was offered; resort itself was nice with exception of the new washer dryer combo; takes forever to drive clothes; it takes hours to dry the clothes, those need to be replaced.
On positive side, the maintenance guy, Mark was awesome help with many things
Posted by: standi

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - 05/09/18 11:10 AM

We stayed at the WorldMark Bass Lake Resort on April 8th and 9th of 2018. Beautiful setting, very close to Yosemite National Park. From the resort we walked the path down to Bass Lake. Very serene this time of year. Just us and the Canadian geese! The units were town houses, typically furnished, clean and neat. Quite a few stairs in the unit and they are a bit steep, but good exercise. I would like information on the painted rocks "hidden" at the entrance of the resort by the wooden bear. I took one to re-hide in my area, but it didn't have a website in order to advise the artist that I have it. Does anyone know anything about these rocks? We stayed at the resort so that we could see Yosemite in the spring when the waterfalls are in their glory and we were not disappointed! Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on earth! We have already made reservations to return to this resort in October, 2018.
Posted by: mlaustin

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - spotty cell service - 02/27/19 11:44 AM

We arrived Feb. 22, 2019 and my wife's cell phone had no service. I had a few bars when we arrived, but by the next day I had none. Talked to the locals both at the desk and down around the Pines and was told cell service is spotty around the lake. Heading back into Oakhurst, the phones reconnect once you crest the hill on Road 222.

Actually kind of nice not getting half a dozen robocalls everyday. Wifi works great. If you have Duo or another voip service, you should be able to make calls while in the resort area.

When we got here, there was snow on the ground which was great for our grand daughters (3 & 5).
Posted by: mlaustin

Re: Bass Lake Resort Review - no sales office - 02/27/19 11:50 AM

Got here and did not have to go through the schedule your "TRAINING CLASS" B.S. to get a parking pass.

No sales office, no parking tags, just check-in.

Feb. 2019