WM San Francisco Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

WM San Francisco Resort Review - 08/17/04 02:21 PM

Have you stayed at WM San Francisco? Here's your change to tell other WorldMark owners what it's really like. How big is the pool, hot hot is the hot tub? What amenities are available at the resort? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

Posted by: lauraleigh9mm

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 03/30/15 06:25 AM

We recently stayed at WorldMark San Francisco. We are owners and this was our first visit to this time share. We had reserved a studio. I knew from other reviews that the unit would be smaller than regular units. We have stayed in Seattle at the Camlin, so we were familiar with the hotel-to-timeshare conversion. That being said these units are SMALL. I would in no way call this a studio. This is a hotel unit. The room is maybe 11X11 tops. There is a mini fridge and a microwave. They give you a couple of paper plates and a coffee maker. Oddly enough there is dish soap as well. I guess they want to wash your water glasses in the bathroom sink? The room itself was recently redressed and nicely done. There is refurbishment happening at this location. We got lucky and got one of the finished rooms. We were just a couple coming for the weekend so it worked out OK for us. If you were spending a few more days, the space would start to feel really tight. Also when we checked in the “welcome package” people were really aggressive, more so than I have dealt with recently. The front desk people and the bellman were awesome. Top notch service. The location is great! Walking to Chinatown, Union Square or BART. Tons of restaurants all around and a quickie mart across the street, Walgreens a block away. I would stay here again, but if I had more than two people I would book two units.
Posted by: bthorman

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 11/26/15 11:01 AM

We just got back from a 1 night stay here. It was our first time visiting this WM. I got the 1 bed/2 bath room on the wait list, we had tickets to the opera last night and didn't want to drive home. The room was very nice and everything was as expected in an urban/hotel WM. I was surprised to see real utensils and dishes, since everyone seemed to say they only had disposable. The only weird thing about the dishes, is no dishwasher and only a small sink. Lots of places to eat breakfast nearby, even on Thanksgiving :-) Close to Chinatown, North Beach and Union Square. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

The only negative was the "welcome desk" Wyndham staff. We came in and they started talking about 84 new properties which are not (and never will be) online. She could give us a form we could bring down and they'd let us know. When we asked about places for breakfast, she said that they had a complimentary breakfast downstairs. We could bring the form down and have breakfast. We told her we were not interested in a sales or update session. She tried to tell us it wasn't, but we knew better. Now I realize that she was trying to get us into the Club Pass. We'r happy with what we have and are glad we didn't go.
Posted by: retiredATC

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 02/15/16 02:01 PM

I stayed here twice so far,... about a year apart. We ended up in the same room, which was refurbished since our first visit. Nicely done! The staff is great. Don't bring a car. Instead, get a 1,3, or 7 day transit passport.

There is a 'lodging tax' of 16.25 %. Welcome to the bay area... .. ..and California.

Is WorldMark doing anything to try and get these taxes lowered or eliminated? Check out the new taxes on properties in Las Vegas, Utah, Canada, and elsewhere!!!
Posted by: jpworldmark

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 11/16/16 02:13 PM

Hi, I have booked a Studio unit at SF Worldmark for Friday 11/25 checkout on Sunday 11/27. Unfortunately I need to cancel and want to offer this weekend to someone who might be interest, just a straight credit exchange, 3,650 credits.
Posted by: marciasp1685

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 06/10/18 10:54 AM

Just stayed for about five days, second week of May 2018. Rooms are small, but big enough for two adults. No window view. Close to a school so we heard screaming/playing kids every morning...not enough to wake you up, not too loud; just obvious that is what it was. The elevator was working. The main site led us to believe it was still down. The convenience to walk everywhere we needed to go was beautiful. BART from the airport to union square and then a few blocks walk to the site. We even walked back from AT&T Park after a Friday night game. Never felt unsafe even at that time of night. Leave the car at home and take transportation. It really was the way to go. We got a hop on/off for two days to see more sights.(Book with the company at Pier 39, not the concierge) Being a native Floridian I did not get the memo to take a thicker coat. That was our only regret. Beautiful week to an iconic city. Never want to live there, but nice to visit.
Posted by: malindathiel

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 10/14/18 01:45 PM

hAS ANY EVER TAKEN THE TRAIN FROM SEATTLE TO SAN FRANCISCO/ SPECIFICALLY THE COAST STARLIGHT AMTRAK? LOOKING FOR INFORMATION...
Posted by: bthorman

Re: WM San Francisco Resort Review - 01/07/19 07:55 AM

We just got back from a weekend in SF - our third stay, but the first staying more than 1 night. We've been in a 1 bedroom compact, a studio hotel SN, and 1 bedroom hotel/2 bath. The compact had good square footage and a separate bedroom (like the 1 bedroom hotel), but because of the layout felt smaller.

The front desk staff is great! I found out that they now do valet parking! It's not on the website though. Very nice feature when we have to drive in. However, the sales staff is pushy! We actually had one almost get into the elevator with us eek

We love the location and will definitely go back.
Posted by: pslam1209

WM San Francisco Unit on July 4th Week For Rent - 06/08/21 04:34 PM

Hello, I have booked a week of July 4th in WM San Francisco that we have last minute change of plan. It's a perfect location to celebrate Independence Day.

WM San Francisco is beautiful and we stayed there few years ago. We really love that place and no car needed to get around. Union Square is nearby in walking distance. We were able to get around popular attractions by walking and public transit. Below is the reservation details. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can do even credit exchange.

We can also do a minimum of 3 to 4 consecutive nights from the beginning or toward the end, eg, July 3-5 (checkout 7/6), July 3-6 (checkout 7/7), July 6-9 (checkout 7/10), etc.

Check in
Saturday, Jul 3, 2021 at 4 p.m.

Checkout
Saturday, Jul 10, 2021 at 12 p.m.

Suite type
1 Bedroom Hotel 2 bath

Max occupancy

Credits used
11500 Credits