Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas

Posted by: Forum Host

Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 04/13/04 05:22 PM

What travel tips or favorite directions do you have for Las Vegas? Title your reply "Travel Tips - Las Vegas", or "Directions ' Las Vegas" and they will be easy to separate and find.
Posted by: savdbygrac

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 02/04/11 08:53 AM

(I don't know if I'm posting this right, we'll see when I click "submit" I guess!)

Question: Can anyone tell me if the city bus system comes all the way down to the resort and if so is there a stop near by??? Thanks!
Posted by: nana fran

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 09/19/11 04:28 PM

Hi Everyone -- Is there an easy way to go from WorldMark Indio to Las Vegas Boulevard? We are trying to make the Beatles show at the Mirage for 6 p.m.

Thanks!
Posted by: 8995st

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 10/14/11 02:26 PM

We will be bringing our Grandkids here for a vacation.Can anyone tell me how far it would be to go to the Grand Canyon from the resort? I figure on renting a car so we can drive around.Any idea on cost for the Grand Canyon or is it free.Thanks
Posted by: mtngal

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 10/16/11 12:09 PM

The Grand Canyon is part of the National Park system - the charge is $25.00 for a private car, good for 7 days. It's a long way to drive to the south rim, I wouldn't try to drive myself all that way for a day-trip, OK for an overnight. There are tours that go there from Vegas - a friend of mine did that and loved it (good guide, and my friend dozed off on the way back).

If you want to drive yourself, visit the north rim, it's much closer. It's higher than the south rim and will be closed in winter. I want to say it would be about 4 hour drive, but could be wrong about that - it's been years since I drove over there from Vegas.
Posted by: 8995st

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 10/25/11 06:26 AM

Thanks for the information.Do you remember who your friend took for a bus tour?Looking i see all kind of prices.Maybe the south rim would be better for a day trip.Thanks............
Posted by: Rosco

Re: Travel Tips and Directions for Las Vegas - 03/11/14 05:28 PM

We are looking into a limo company to transport 12 of us to a wedding and then dinner. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with any of the local companies? The reviews on the Internet are all over the place (happy to disgusted).