Bison Ranch Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Bison Ranch Resort Review - 03/01/04 12:21 PM

Have you stayed at Bison Ranch? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: steve&cindy

Re: Bison Ranch Resort Review - 06/22/11 02:30 AM

We just stayed at the Bison Rsnch resort for a few days and we all loved it! The example pictures on the website don't do the rooms justice. I was skeptical going to such a cheesy looking place but all worries disappeared as soon as we saw the rooms. We had two two bedrooms and no one had any complaints. There were me and my wife (29&27) my 15 month old son and my parents and uncle all 55+. The childrens pool was perfect for my son and the regular pool was perfect for the rest of us. We took advantage of the horseshoe pits, the sand volleyball the nice community grill the theatre room. All nice family activities. Peggy at the front desk was awesome and helped to get my parents a first story room upon arrival which they wanted-thanks Peggy! The resort was close to lakes and trails with tons of outdoorsy stuff to keep you entertained. The only problem I had was the wind but thats not the resorts fault. A better equipped weight room would have been nice but I guess theres not alot of guests looking to pump some iron. We enjoyed the catch and release pond on site-we didnt catch anything but got some nibbles so all we did was feed the fish, but had fun doing it. I recommend this resort to people who like the outdoors or just want to get away and unwind with a book on the balcony. 2 thumbs up!
Posted by: steve977

Re: Bison Ranch Resort Review - 10/02/12 03:17 PM

Resort worked out well for our purposes. Seems like it would be a very quiet place to relax, however, there was some sort of remodeling going on and the noise that goes with. The contractors have potty mouths and should be asked to restrain themselves due to guests and children in close proximity.
Posted by: Justthe2ofus

Re: Bison Ranch Resort Review - 01/01/14 09:28 AM

Bison Ranch 2 bedroom was very big for a WM unit. We stayed one night coming from Taos heading to Indio. This is a western themed resort. WM owns the buildings including the retail locations that are sub-leased to the businesses. Mid-week in December there is not much to do, especially, if you are SoCal born and raised. I understand that this resort has many fishing and hiking adventures that are best during the warmer months. The resort in very nice and the room was very spacious. Pool and spas, fishing lake for the little ones on site.
Posted by: anitac

Re: Bison Ranch Resort Review - 08/02/14 07:14 AM

Just stayed three nights at Bison Ranch. Thought we'd never get there because it is fairly isolated. Very nice grounds, units were very nice, quite spacious and decorated to the western theme. We were disappointed that the kiddie pool was out of commission and had been for apparently some time but we definitely enjoyed the pool, which was semi heated, and the spa. On site staff was very nice and helpful but I was disappointed that there did not seem to be too much information on nearby attractions and things to do. We had researched on the internet things to do in the area and planned a trip to Petrified Forest but there was no information in the lobby or in the blue book on this great attraction which was fairly close by (75 minutes) and well worth the trip. The blue book in the room, which I always refer to when I stay at any WorldMark resort was rather skimpy on information. There were alot of flies but it was bearable and I can't blame the resort for this. We did have a bad experience in the only restaurant on site, Wild Women, and when I complained to the front office, I was told that WorldMark does not own the restaurant. However, staff was very apologetic and provided me with the name and phone number of the manager for this establishment. We like to use our timeshare to take advantage of natural attractions such as Petrified Forest and unfortunately Bison Ranch is kinda isolated but we would consider returning just because of the beautiful setting and nicely appointed units.
Posted by: kare

Re: Bison Ranch Resort Review - 08/27/17 02:58 PM

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Bison Ranch. Lots of beautiful lakes and hikes nearby; just ask for information at the front desk. I am posting a link here for folks to see what the resort looks like, both inside and out. We were in a 2-bedroom unit in May 2017.

Here's the link to see some resort pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/4Jtd5j6LNHn3W2UTA