Ballarat Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Ballarat Resort Review - 03/12/04 10:01 AM

Have you holidayed at Ballarat? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like? How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: JohnH69

Re: Ballarat Resort Review - 01/26/11 01:47 AM

This is my first visit to Ballarat (Currently staying here at the moment & have been here several days). The resort & grounds are very relaxing & only 10 minutes drive out of Ballarat itself however my disappointment in the resort stems from the amenities ie The pool.

Here it is 845pm,still light out as it is daylight savings time yet the pool access is limited until 830pm only

It is school Holidays so kids have been utilising the pool all day so naturally after they all finally vacated the pool, my Partner & I wanted a nice relaxing dip but were informed we couldn't. every other resort I have stayed at (Except Tasmania's WM) have pool closing times of around 10 PM which makes sense especially when you spend the day out & about. The first thing I want to do after a drive which took me over 8 hrs (The Great Ocean Rd) is to unwind but because of this silly early closure we cannot.

Staff advised me it closes then because of some treatment they have to do, if they started it any later it wouldn't be open so early in the morning? I have to ask how can all these other resorts close the pool at 10 & do the same? also doesn;t explain as to why the Spa is also locked at this time of night.

Very disappointing especially when being a Wyndham owner now for 5 years to be given such restrictions

I would appreciate all Wyndham resorts specifying pool & amenities times on the website so that I can decide before hand whether I can be bothered wasting my time or credits chosing them especially when the main reason I go on Holidays is to relax
Posted by: location shooter

Re: Ballarat Resort Review - 02/20/13 04:03 AM

People here are right that this is one of the most beautiful resorts around. The lake, the pool, the gardens.

Everything is nice... well, everything except the resort staff. Their attitude and conduct are very poor, and that alone is reason to skip this resort completely. The staff shows no respect for members, is condensending, and seems proud of their claims of not having as many resort ammenities as other resorts, because they "aren't really a part of "Worldmark".

We are staying there, and after an 18 hour flight from the US, and a 90 minute drive from Melbourne, we were hoping to settle in for the night, log in and read our email on our laptop, skype with the grandkids (on our Xoom tablet)... and log in with our smart phones to check in on the assorted social networks we are members of. Well, that didn't quite get to happen. Seems the "high speed" internet connection was only running at 50% strength, and was really just a B/G connection, not an "N" router...

And worse, they only allow you to connect to ONE device per room / condo. They issue a "voucher code" only good for connecting to one device, and when we contacted the office, they said OH NO, WE CAN'T give you more access, it's AGAINTS OUR POLICY.

So now my wife and I are staying 8 days at a resort where the staff lies and does't care about the members... and we're not able to access our technology. Pretty sad start to what is a vacation we planned for over 5 years.

-s2-