Golden Beach Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Golden Beach Resort Review - 03/11/04 08:54 PM

Have you holidayed at Golden Beach? Here's your chance to tell others owners what it's really like. How big was the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: tdevries

Re: Golden Beach Resort Review - 05/07/11 11:43 PM

We stayed in a 2 bedroom appartment for 2010 Xmas. Compared to most other Wyndham properties I have been to recently it is small, run down and not well appointed. The 2nd bedroom is more like a closet!

The couch, furniture and floors were dirty and I had to clean them when we arrived. The A/C system was full of dust and smelt terrible. Yuk!

Also, we had a low floor room (which apparently you can't control), so we really didnt have any nice views to compensate for the poor appartment. Though the location is good, I don't recommend this place.

Even if Wyndham refurbishes these apparments, they will still be far too small to fit decent amenities.
Posted by: rexngail

Re: Golden Beach Resort Review - 05/04/17 03:05 PM

We were at the Golden Beach Resort 4 Feb to 11 Feb 2017. This was our second visit to the Golden Beach, the first was in 2008. The location is great easy to navigate the highway system and signage. Do have a good GPS it will comfort you, it did me saved a few (stay on the correct side of the road boo boos). The resort is under the Ramada name. The unit we were in had been updated since we were there in 2008, but the kitchen, dare I call it that, was a challenge. I have been to numerous places that had small kitchens, but they still had garbage disposal and mini half size dishwashers. It had new furniture and the condo was very nice but small. The internet was very good and they gave us owner status as a Diamond Elite WM Owner. The staff was fantastic and was always willing to assist us. The pool area was very nice and refreshing. There are great places to eat in the Caloundra area a few are in walking distances. The fruit stands and markets are very well stocked and super fresh. We went on a few tours, Fraser Island is a must as is the Australia Zoo, both take a full day each. This is a resort that requires an auto rental as It is a long way between Cities and there is much to explorer like the Glass House Mountains and the various shopping delights.