Mariner Village Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Mariner Village Resort Review - 03/10/04 03:33 PM

Have you stayed at Mariner Village? Here's your change to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: bobalou

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 04/03/15 12:05 PM

Mariner Village was very nice! Spent 5 days there, Just got back. Had an awful cold throughout, but it was a great place to get sick in. Very quiet at this time of year. Dishwasher leaked (poured) twice, but that's another story. Nice flat roads great for cycling. Good staff.
Posted by: JanS

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 06/22/15 01:32 PM

Just got back from our first time staying at Mariner Village for the weekend. Nice, quiet resort with a short trail to the beach, but beware! Not so easy to get down there due to erosion. There is quite a cliff developing at the edge of the beach grass. There will be much needed remodeling going on in the fall - tub had a crack in it, and compared to many of the other WM places I've stayed, it's getting quite worn looking. Also, the floors need a good cleaning. We had to wipe up something off of the kitchen floor and the paper towel came up black. When we were checking out, I heard another couple mention to the desk people that they had mopped the floor, but "it would be OK if housekeeping did it again." Apparently they are slacking a bit in that area. The water issue is resolved, but it tastes pretty bad. I would bring my own to drink next time. We stayed in 306. The twin beds and the murphy bed had great mattresses, but the master suite had a bad sag in the middle. Because of these things, I didn't feel that this resort was really up to WM standards. (I have stayed in 18 different resorts)
Posted by: jjrgtr

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 09/06/16 10:13 PM

Just got back from a four day labor day weekend at Mariner Village. Nice room, nice pool & sauna.

Wish I could say the same for the overall experience.

We were on the first floor and the people upstairs were extremely noisy, running in the room and almost sounded like they were walking in boots or heels all day long. When we told the front desk on Friday (the day we checked in) about the problem the guy said I'll look into it and we never heard anything back.

Next is that there is only one disable parking space near the main entrance which is closest to the elevator. When we returned from a trip to the store on Friday there was a car parked in the disabled parking space. I mentioned it to the person at the front desk, same one i told about the upstairs noise and he said "let me check to see who's car it is" After that he said that the people were "old" and if I saw them I would understand. I told him that age does not define a disability and the the state does not allow someone to park in the disabled spot unless they have a permit. All of this conversation took place as I helped my wife walk into the lobby and to the elevator. We went out Saturday for breakfast and when we returned the car was still parked in the disabled space without a permit. At that time I asked the front desk again why this is allowed, he started to give me the same answer and I then went to the manager/concierge and again, he said he would check into it and we never heard back.

A nice resort but disappointing support staff. We will most likely never go back for those reasons.
Posted by: lktapps3

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 03/20/18 09:35 PM

Curious how the renovation is coming along? Is it very disrupting? Any chance the pool will be open early? Any update would be great.

Resorts Visited: Depot Bay, Yellowstone, Gleneden, Long Beach, Surfside, Clear Lake, Birch Bay, Mariner Village, Camlin, Discovery Bay
Posted by: jikroll

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 08/09/18 03:56 PM

Stayed at Mariner Village for the first time 7/26/2018. I liked this resort more than I expected. Loved the location. Far enough from city center and close to the south side of the peninsula. Proximity to the beach is great, just a short walk away. Looks like every room faces the ocean so I don't think you can get a bad room. We were on the 3rd floor and had a great view of the ocean from the balcony and living room/kitchen area.
Resort itself was clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful when needed. Maintenance was being done while we were there which if fine with me. I like to know that things are maintained on a regular basis.
Already made my reservation for next year. I live in Washington so this resort is only a 3 hour drive away.
Best thing about this resort - NO SALES REPS. That alone is a win-win in my opinion.
Posted by: johnC

Re: Mariner Village Resort Review - 07/16/19 01:14 PM

We've gone to this resort 2 to 3 times a year for several years. the reservation choices used to offer 3rd/4th floor, or 1st/2nd floor. basically, room with ocean view or no ocean view. Now the choices only offer 1 or 2 bedroom. It'd be really great if the room choices would be returned to view or no view. We really like this resort and the area. We go for the view, and to get there and learn we're in a ground floor unit is very disappointing