Cascade Lodge Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 03/10/04 07:28 PM

Have you stayed at Cascade Lodge? Here's your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: cynthreab

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 08/17/13 10:07 PM

We're going in late September. Does anyone have any tips for us?

Thanks!
Posted by: shahee n hussain

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 08/19/13 10:21 AM

We go to both Cascade & SUndance throughout summer - we are there almost every weekend, have two boys 9 & 4. Both locations, services, amenities, staff and locations are AWESOME. Love it love it in Whistler.
Posted by: Slash01

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 02/26/14 01:44 PM

We visited this resort at the end of January. It is conveniently located near Whistler village and close proximity to the Olympic Plaza and the IGA market. I was happy to learn that the resort has Wifi in each room after reading some of the previous reviews about internet connections. We spent our first two nights in a SN room. These rooms are adjacent to the elevator and you do get some noise when the elevator passes by. It was not much of a disturbance except for early mornings. However, after two nights we were looking forward to moving to another part of the building and a hopefully quieter room.

We spent the next five nights in what was described as the best room that Worldmark owns in this resort. The view from this room is gorgeous. Overlooking the pool and hot tub from the fifth floor, you have a floor to ceiling windows with views of both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. However, our elation became disappointment on the first night. The outside noise from the road and people leaving the bars was unbearable. It was almost as if the windows were cracked open. The living room was significantly quieter than the bedroom, and I am assuming that is because of the deck and the clear glass railing acting as a barrier. Noise is an apparent problem here as one of the additional amenities that is offered at the front desk is ear plugs. I finally caved in after the third night and ask for a pair. I'm thinking this problem could be diminished with newer windows. These windows are metal framed and sweat like crazy, so I am guessing that they may be older and not as efficient with heat and noise.

I don't know if others rooms have this same issue. I understand that many of them back up to Hwy 99, but there are some trees as a barrier. Honestly, the rooms on the backside of what I would call the North wing would seem ideal. I would still recommend the resort and we will definitely return, however if you are a light sleeper, you should come prepared.
Posted by: FrankXII

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Exchange - 06/13/14 01:48 PM

I have a reservation at the Cascade Lodge for July 25-August 2nd and cannot use it. Looking to trade with someone for a later week in August or at another resort or ??? Feel free to contact me here or at fxii at hot mail dot com.

Thanks
Frank
Posted by: tippy24

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 06/15/14 08:04 PM

Just returned home from a weekend at Cascade Lodge - Whistler ... we were able to to get 3 rooms - and have our kids / grandkids ( 5-1/2 - 21 months) join us .. awesome Family Time. The only bad part - all 3 rooms receiving phone calls at 9:30 pm the 2nd night of our stay to see " if everything is all right " ... well - not at 9:30pm - with 5 little kids sleeping - and the phones are ringing .. not happy parents .. our recommendation - make sure to let the Front Desk know you don't want these types of calls that late at night ... other than that .. LOVE this Resort - any time of the year ....
Posted by: mikizha

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 05/04/15 09:21 AM

Greetings -
We have reservations for both Cascade Lodge and Sundance (1 bdrm) for late June, one of which we'll cancel. I'm hoping for some input to help us make the choice. CL seems the best choice for amenities, proximity to the Village, sports center and mountain, and maybe better views. But the noise issue worries us. Wondering whether this is less of a problem in summer (less activity at the bars than in winter?).

Also, would it be worthwhile for my son to take his snowboard; it looks like the high glacier area is open in summer.

Thank you for any advice!
Posted by: arlpt

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 07/28/15 04:08 PM

Great location! Quick, no hassle check in! Secure underground parking! Rooms were nice and clean And smelled fresh! This Lodge is u shaped with the main desk in the bottom/center of the U. The pool is small with 2 hot tubs for the whole property and they are located inside the U. If you want rooms with less street noise call the day before check in and ask for rooms 1-12 on any of the floors...those rooms are further from the streets! The only elevators are located in the center so less walking to get to your room if you choose those room numbers! Also the inside rooms are better and overlook the pool instead of the streets! Staff were very friendly and accommodating! When we first arrived the bathroom sink was running very slowly. We contacted the desk and within 15 minutes someone was there to fix it. No other problems were encountered! Loved our stay but a week was a few days too long for us. We had seen and done it all within 4-5 days. This is a great bike riding location in the summer with tons of bike trails! Great hiking too!
Posted by: Pat_604

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 11/24/15 11:31 PM

Great hot tubs x two and a fairly warm big heated outdoor pool. There is a unisex sauna in each changing room. Hy' is very close by and then a short walk to the IGA marketplace complex. Hope someone from WM operations can read this so that they know the poor noise insulation for the windows is a major issue.
Posted by: Pat_604

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - Website issue for booking - 01/01/17 01:47 PM

Hi There,

Anyone is experiencing technical issue with the website for bookings now (Sunday - Jan 1st from 1pm PST to current)? I also tried other Canadian properties and none of them work except for Rosedale-Vancouver. I am doing the test bookings on the days that have available inventory, of course.

Hope someone from WM sees this and can notify the technical back-office of this issue so that it can be fixed asap.

Now, I see inventory but I can't book. I don't want to sit here all day to keep trying with different devices to "wish" that I can book the available unit before someone else gets them.

Anyone know how else to get a hold of someone at WM to get this fixed?

I have even called Glenn at Cascade/Sundance and he has even tried to call their internal 24/7 support but with no success.
Posted by: vickim

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 08/16/19 01:26 PM

My two best friends and I spent mother's day weekend at Cascade Lodge and had a great time. The unit had everything we needed and the front desk staff was very friendly. The location is fantastic, enough away from the center of the village to avoid the late night party noise. We enjoyed pool time -- surprised at how crowded it was. But it was a hot weekend in May and people were definitely taking advantage of it. We found a spot on the grass to lay and people watch.

The best part of the weekend however was the free massage they offered to all the mothers. So we hopped out of bed on Sunday and had a free massage each + a little gift and flower to start off our day. It was great as we all felt a little guilty from leaving our kids behind! Excellent!
Posted by: lindaj

Re: Cascade Lodge Resort Review - 11/16/19 05:55 AM

We stayed at Cascade Lodge in October, 2019. We LOVED it. It is a terrific location and the staff is so so nice. They are helpful with everything. We wanted to hike, and they gave us lots of hikes to go on, complete with maps and descriptions.
The pool is outside and is so nice, big and warm. We were there when the weather was changing from warm to colder (shoulder season). Not too many credits and not crowded. We took a city tour -- as we'd never been there. And a dinner tour - four restaurants (and a stop at a chocolate shop), also to get to know the area. It is very expensive to live there, so I felt quite fortunate to have the Worldmark to stay at. We looked at the other Whistler property (Sundance) and it is on the mountain, so if you are a skier, you would love that. I would highly recommend this resort.
We are staying at the one in Vancouver in March, so will check that one out. The Victoria one, we have stayed at several times, it is great! Fabulous location. We have also stayed at the one in Canmore. Loved it. We have enjoyed all the Canadian properties!