Questions and Comments for St. George

Posted by: Forum Host

Questions and Comments for St. George - 04/13/04 07:50 PM

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos or the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - St. George", "Kudos; Journal - St. George", "Kudos; Photos - St. George". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.
Posted by: flying2wild

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 01/30/11 12:20 PM

We are planning a vacation for May 26th-June 2nd this year and I am wondering how the weather typically is? I have a 6 year old and an 18 month old and I am a little worried about the temp for them.
Posted by: ronkat

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 01/30/11 04:20 PM

It is not uncommon for the temps to be in the 80's and 90's at that time of the year.
Posted by: DandJHansen

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 03/10/11 08:05 AM

I know it has been a little while since you asked about the weather, but I wanted to clarify some. Since this is the dessert it is a very dry hot. Accuweather.com has that time of year averages in the low 90's day and 50's at night. But the range is from 100+ to low 40's at night.

Your kids will be fine. Your outdoor activities will want to be done mostly in the morning. If you are going to hike, bring water and start early. Playing in the pool in the heat can be fun but use sunscreen. The evening temps will be great for almost anything, staying warm(80+) until after the sun goes down.

Have Fun

D
Trip Planner Extraordinaire

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 03/24/11 02:20 PM

3+Weeks Vacation.

You left it wide open, without too much info on what you like to see and do, but here goes my suggestions. First question is why RCI, you could plan around Worldmark locations and see a lot of awesome sights. I will put together a Worldmark tour, and let you adapt it from there. If you want more details on things to do at any of the locations, I can give you that info. I live in Utah, so can give many details on the surrounding area, but I have traveled Idaho some and love Yellowstone. It may be out of your way but it is the route I would choose if I had the time, and had never been.

Travel East to WM OR Eagle Crest or WM ID McCall(1-3 Nights). From there travel to WM MT West Yellowstone(3-4 Nights). Travel South to WM UT Bear Lake(1-2 Nights), WM UT Wolf Creek(1-3 Nights), WM UT Midway(1-3 Nights), WM UT St. George(1-7 Nights), WM NV Las Vegas(1-2 Nights) WM NV Reno or Tahoe(1-3 Nights). Finish the Trip by going to WM CA Bass Lake or Angles Camp, then Home. Most of the drive times would be about 5 hours between stops then the number of days you stay at that resort would depend on how much you want to see while there.

If you want less stops the more direct route would be Portland to VI Sun Valley ID, WM UT Wolf Creek or Midway then St George. Return via WM CA Bass Lake or Angles Camp. 5 Stops in all travel about 7 hours between stops.

Highlights include: Yellowstone and Teton Park, Bear Lake and Logan Canyon. Northern Utah has a lot of great sights, Museums, Historic sites and mountains. Southern Utah could be expanded to be more time and some stays away from St. George if you wanted to see other National Parks. My Favorite is Arches NP in South-Eastern Utah but you would have to do a hotel in Moab. From Las Vegas you can see Hoover Dam and Valley of the Gods state park.(I'm not a fan of "The Strip" in Vegas but there is that to) Tahoe is a great place to see the Lake and then hit the Redwoods and other California sights. Last travel up the cost of California and Oregon.

Have a great trip no matter what you do.
D
Trip Planner Extraordinaire
If you want more ideas on any of the stops and things to do, let me know.
Posted by: Qtravelers

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 11/30/11 11:34 AM

Our family is going to St. George over New Years this year...having never been there, what can we expect for weather....? How close is any skiing or snow....?? Will have 3 teenagers (17 year olds)....what can you suggest they might enjoy...? We plan on seeing Zion....only have 2 full days to do something. Thanks in advance....
Posted by: marknjo

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 12/01/11 11:25 AM

St. George is a great place to visit. The weather in January will usually be in the 50's. Occasionally they will get a cold snap down around freezing but it usually only lasts a short time. Skiing nearby is about 1-1/2 hour north at Brian Head. It is a fun place with skiing for every ability level. One thing to do closer is to go to Snow Canyon State Park. It is only about 20-30 min away and has some great scenery and some fun hikes. My kids are aged 17, 15 and 11 and they like to just stay at the resort and swim. If the main pool is too cold try the other one by the sales office. St. George has some good shopping with outlet malls and regular malls. Of course Zion's Park is great to visit but be prepared for snow at the higher elevations in January. We have been to St. George several times and love it. Have Fun!
Posted by: tmac08

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 12/14/12 09:10 AM

My favorite thing to do in St. George in the winter is go 4-wheeling and motorcycling. It is the perfect temperature. There are lots of places to rent machines in St. George. My favorite place to ride is Sand Hollow Lake. There are sand dunes and slick rock to ride on. Another good place is just behind the WorldMark Resort. I don't know if this is an option for you but let me know if you are interested in more info.
Posted by: verdoonie

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 06/22/13 09:21 AM

:)I am thinking of booking St. George for next March. Does anyone know the difference between a 2 Bedroom deluxe and a 2 Bedroom Queen? What is the deluxe part?
Thank you,
Kathy
Posted by: zswatson

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 07/03/13 03:43 AM

Hi everyone, we are new Worldmark Owners from Utah. We booked a week in St. George for the end of July (we know it will be hot, but that's what worked for us time wise) and are just wondering if anyone has been there recently and could tell us how it is. I wish more people used the forums here to write reviews if teh resorts smile

Edit: Kathy: all I can see on the resort page is the deluxe has a jetted tub in the master bath, though I am under the impression the deluxe room at most resorts also have nicer things, better brands or higher end appliances etc. Can anyone confirm or correct that impression?
Posted by: cotraveller

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 07/03/13 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: zswatson
Hi everyone, we are new Worldmark Owners from Utah. We booked a week in St. George for the end of July (we know it will be hot, but that's what worked for us time wise) and are just wondering if anyone has been there recently and could tell us how it is. I wish more people used the forums here to write reviews if teh resorts smile

Edit: Kathy: all I can see on the resort page is the deluxe has a jetted tub in the master bath, though I am under the impression the deluxe room at most resorts also have nicer things, better brands or higher end appliances etc. Can anyone confirm or correct that impression?

Originally Posted By: verdoonie
:)I am thinking of booking St. George for next March. Does anyone know the difference between a 2 Bedroom deluxe and a 2 Bedroom Queen? What is the deluxe part?
Thank you,
Kathy

We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit in 2008. As far as I can remember, aside from the jetted tub, the main difference from the standard units was that the deluxe unit was on the top floor of one of the newer buildings and had vaulted ceilings. I believe, but am not positive, that location is true for all of the deluxe units.

Looking at the pictures I took of the deluxe unit, the appliances appear to be the same as found in almost all WorldMark units. I do not remember anything special about them. The windows had blinds just like the standard units, not drapes. The jetted tub is a standard size bathtub with jets, not an oversize Jacuzzi type tub.

We've stayed at St George quite a few times and in my opinion the units at St George, both standard and deluxe, are some of the nicest units in the WorldMark system. Book the deluxe unit if you want the jetted tub and vaulted ceiling. Book the standard unit if those things don't matter to you. You can't go wrong either way.

Hope this helps.
Posted by: allenke

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 04/07/14 12:54 PM

Adult Only Swim Time Going Away

For those interested in keeping an Adult Only Swim time for the first and last hour at our Worldmark Resorts, please email the Board members letting them know you would like to keep it. Apparently it has been decided that this is to be removed at all resorts. It has not been implemented yet, so now is the time to let them know if you would like to keep it.

My wife has a bad back and really appreciates having the 1st hour of the day for Adult only as she uses the pool almost every day for her back problems. She was kicked accidentally by a kid in one of the Worldmark pools resulting in needing to have back surgery.

Families with kids have the majority of the day to utilize the pool. It is not unreasonable to have 1 hour in the morning for Adult Only.

Ken
Posted by: sgager2010

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 08/17/14 09:26 AM

We're planning to stay in St. George for a week next May. We'll be flying to Las Vegas and driving a rental car from there. Neither of us have been to Utah (or Nevada) before. Looking for suggestions on things to do/see while we're there. This will be our first vacation in several years and want to make the most of our time there...without breaking the bank. Thanks.

Re: Questions and Comments for St. George - 09/11/14 07:26 PM

Are you outdoor people? There are many easy day trip items from St George for hiking and sight seeing. We have been to St George 2X and never been lacking in things to do. Do you have kids or just you 2? Some of the most popular things to do are the local national parks. Zion is the closest and can be 3 days easy if you like to hike, 2 if you want drive by sigh seeing version. May is a great time to go, not too hot yet. Bryce NP and Grand Canyon make for LONG days (almost too long) but can be done if you want. Also there are cool State parks, A National Rec area and National forests. If you want to do historic stuff, St George has a great walking tour that will give you good history of the area. For shows, you need to buy tickets in advance, but there is a great theater(open sky) in the area. If you want more info PM me and I can give you web sites, and lots of details. We just got back from St George in Aug, and still feel like we want to return. No matter what you feel like your vacation should be like, I can help get you the info you need.

DeLayne