McCall Resort Review

Posted by: Forum Host

McCall Resort Review - 03/04/04 02:52 PM

Have you stayed at McCall? Here's your chance to tell other WorldMark vacationers what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?
Posted by: bugstein

Re: McCall Resort Review - 02/08/11 04:19 PM

Just returned from 2 nights bonus time at McCall. We had a 2 bedroom with a queen in the second bedroom. It was very nice but the master was quite a bit smaller than the 2 bedroom jetted tub that we stayed in last year. There were a few maintenance/housekeeping issues that I informed staff upon departure. It was no big deal for us but I know some owners would have requested another room. We were just happy to be able to get away for a few days. When we go back to McCall again I will get a 2 bedroom with jetted tub and ask for an end unit - I think they are bigger. I used the pool and hot tub and it was delightful. Also, the exercise room was very nice and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. We watched for Winston (the area winter fox) but he was elusive! The area couldn't have been any more beautiful and it snowed while we were there.
Posted by: frozenh2olover

Re: McCall Resort Review - 03/20/11 03:46 PM

Just back from a great week in McCall, had a lot of fun for the 7th time being there in the winter, Great place to go to if you like winter sports, easy place to bring trailers for snowmobiling as this is our main reason for going !!! Hottub and swiming after a long day of riding is a great way to relax. The staff are great and are always very helpful!!!! Pauls is close by for grocery shopping, and McCall Brewery for burgers and brew are the favorite among our friends that come out with us every year.
Andrew
Posted by: avagardner

Re: McCall Resort Review - 05/03/12 07:10 PM

Among the forum comments was the mention by a vacationer that implied dissatisfaction with Worldmark's policy of adult swim hours. This person had three children and preferred to swim at the offsite pool so their young children could swim till 11:00 P.M. Please, please remember that not all vacationers are families. Many are couples, many are older, and not everyone wishes to be subject to someone's noisy brood. Please keep the adult swim, both mornings and evenings. How pleasant to be able to just relax without screaming, splashing, and general chaos. In fact, it would be lovely to have an adult swim mid-day, rather than bolting down breakfast and heading to the water before the little darlings descend.
Posted by: nate4t

Re: McCall Resort Review - 09/20/13 11:13 AM

We stayed a night in McCall in mid September 2013. It was a 3 bedroom Presidential with 2 jetted tubs and a hot tub on the deck. Wow! It was absolutely exquisite! The unit was very clean and my wife and I were impressed with the stainless appliances which many Worldmark locations don't have. It has been the most impressive resort we've been so far. We will definitely will be returning to this impeccable location.
I would also recommend walking the golf course trails across the street from the resort. It wweas very scenic and invigorating at a brisk 29 degrees.
We also saw a fox which was a first for all of us. Pretty cool
Posted by: Freeze17

Re: McCall Resort Review - 04/14/15 07:24 PM

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with twins this past weekend on the Inventory Special. A great way to spend $68. The room felt fresh with newer appliances and was in excellent repair. TV's in the master and the second bedroom. The resort staff was excellent and best of all NO sales pitch. The indoor pool is great as it is warm in the room however the water was not heated so it created a summer swim type of experience. The locker room was something to be desired but somebody may have just decided to drop the kids off that pool too grin I feel McCall is a great location and there are some great parks in the area such as Ponderosa State Park.
Posted by: fayfie

Re: McCall Resort Review - 01/03/21 07:19 AM

We love Worldmark McCall. This is our second stay here. The visiting deer make the winter wonderland even more delightful. The units are warm and cozy and comfortable. The master bathroom door on the 2-bed twin units is a bit annoying in how it opens onto the master bed.
The limited pool appointments - although being awkward because they had to be pre-scheduled in specific half hour slots - were a nice way to handle the covid-19 restrictions, and were appreciated.
Extra supplies (kitchen mixer, extension cord) were happily supplied when I requested. However, there were no cup cake baking pans to borrow.
The wi-fi was working adequately this visit, and the problems we did encounter were addressed by DeepBlue.
It would be a big plus would be to plough the snow in such a way as to make a fun sledding ramp for the young and young at heart (rather than just a random pile of snow). I have suggested it.
As more people move into the electric car market, there will be increased demand for charging facilities - charging using extension cords plugged into regular front porch outlets is far from convenient, even if the outlets are functioning (which ours wasn't until maintenance replaced it.). Note: There IS a way for them to enable access to a 220V outlet at the far end of building 4 - even though they told me in advance that there were no other options beyond the 110V porch outlets. It seems even their long term staff do not necessarily know about this option, so be persistent if you need it.