Questions and Comments for Kihei

Posted by: Forum Host

Questions and Comments for Kihei - 04/13/04 04:28 PM

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Kihei", "Kudos; Journal - Kihei", or Kudos; Photos - Kihei". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.
Posted by: mowicks

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/19/15 09:02 AM

We are planning a trip to the World Mark Kihei resort in Oct. of this year will the renovations be done by then. I would hate to hear all the noise around the resort. Can someone please let me know.
Posted by: klamba

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/21/15 01:03 PM

Just got back from the resort and I have to say the resort and all its staff are amazing.

We were in building 5 and there was absolutely no noise other than the happy kids in the pool.

Have a great time and please spend time on the beach right across from the resort, it is a hidden gem and great for all activities.

Cheers,
Kamal
Posted by: SandyW

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions - 01/30/15 03:20 AM

I am absolutely devastated by the Board's new policy regarding the room descriptions. For arrivals after March 1 next year, rooms will not be differentiated by whether or not they have a limited view. So when you arrive at Kihei you may get a room with a view or you may not depending on what is available. They have taken away the certainty of the type of unit being booked and they leave us open to disappointment on arrival at the resort.

The reason given for this decision is to streamline the booking and room assignment process. How hard can it be??? A room with a limited view is different from a room with no view in the same way that a one-bedroom unit is different from a two-bedroom unit! I don't think they have difficulty booking or assigning a one-bedroom unit instead of a two-bedroom unit!

Kihei is my favourite resort and I have been there many times. Each and every time I have booked a room with a view. I really have no interest in a room without a view and so it is unlikely I will ever go there again.

In one fell swoop, the Board has destroyed a major factor in why I am a Worldmark owner.

What can be done to have this decision rescinded?
Posted by: cotraveller

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions - 01/31/15 12:46 PM

Considering that this was the view from our "limited-view" unit, I don't see the new room descriptions as a big deal.

The darker blue between the two treetops in the center of the picture is the ocean. That is a very limited view. For booking purposes the new descriptions without the distinction between the view types opens up more units in each catergory rather than having them split into two different categories. Makes It easier to get a reservation and to fill a wait list request.
Posted by: gobellagio

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/01/15 09:14 AM

I am disappointed by the new policy also of not letting us know where our units will be located in regards to our view. They say it is to streamline the booking and check in process? How does this help when it is all computer generated??? I have been to this resort 9 times and without knowing where we will stay I am reluctant to go back. A view of the parking lot is not my idea of a relaxing resort atmosphere. There is no problem filling up these rooms, as they are all booked 13 months in advance with no options left after that time period. Sandy is correct, the Board has made a horrible decision. Why not tell the guests if they are going to have a view or not? They will only have more complaints now when guests begin to arrive. Major let down for some people.

I just returned from a week in Kauai at WM and a week at Kihei WM. Kauai has a beautiful resort with awesome views right on the ocean. The renovation that is going on at Kihei WM is extensive. Looks like they are doing it building by building, an entire building at a time. The rooms were totally gutted and new flooring, counters, etc. were being installed. Much overdo!!!!! My guess is that it will take at least a year to do all the units.

The Kinaole Food truck and Whale of a do-nut food truck are still both awesome. Have to check them out, both parked directly on the street in front of WM.

Good luck with booking everyone!!!
Posted by: pktanner

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/07/15 04:20 PM

I get the need to reclassify room types. Trees grow. Buildings have been added south that were not there when original classifications were made. However, I would be very upset as a Platinum Elite Owner that got a view of the Coast Hotel instead of the ocean with a 13 month in advance booking due to random luck of the draw.
If I were the people making this decision I would either take out the trees and or have a select group of owners like me that would go from room to room and classify the room correctly with today's real estate.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/07/15 04:25 PM

Here is a peeve: We were TOLD at check in that the REASON for the need for chained reservation to a week at a RED ZONE resort is that there is a group of owners that has decided that they can use Worldmark Kihei as a vacation profit making enterprise. So thank you to my fellow owners who are using a loop hole to mess up my vacation plans to enhance your pocket book. I hope you get turned over to the IRS and state taxation people for enforcement.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - New Policy for Room Descriptions - 02/07/15 04:45 PM

Yep! mees CA REal Estate View requirement. We had same thought. Had 8211 Condos just south and tree left same "blue" visible. So Yes LIMITED view
Posted by: abbytreasures

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/09/15 06:11 PM

I have been to Kihei. With the costs of flights these days, it's too much of a gamble to "hope" you get a view other than the parking lot. I think this is a move backwards for Worldmark, placing owners in the dark as to what they will receive when they get there. I, for one, will not be back. It's just not worth the gamble.
Posted by: Crwte

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/17/15 09:02 AM

We have been owners since 1996 and have seen the changes and aren't happy about some if them. I don't like that some of the owners are profiting from my condos. This is a vacation timeshare not a travel agency. And no I don't like not being able to choose my view. Having said that, we have been to Kihei twice, once with our kids and grandkids for 7 days and didn't have a view, then again with 4 friends for a month and had a limited view. We will be going for 6 weeks, yes retirement is grand, and have a limited view again. Does not having a view take away from our trip? Absolutely not, does having it make our vacations? No it just enhances it. This is our favorite resort and are happy to hear it's being renovated. We will continue to go back as often as possible. The staff is the best we've had at any resort.
Posted by: JoeRoss

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/17/15 06:41 PM

We have been visiting Maui for 15+ years, usually during whale season. We recently (2013) inherited a Worldmark timeshare and decided we could try it out on our 2015 trip. Since we needed 13 months the 2014 trip was not an option. What a hassle. OMG. We had to book Kona for a week (that we could not use) just to get Maui for the week we needed. And even that was not easy. It is one big game and we are novice players.

Upon becoming owners we went to the San Francisco property for a weekend (5600 credits) and attended an owners update which was really a hard push for us to pay $10,000 more to get into Travelshare so we actually could "book easier". She told us the reason we could never get into tropical properties was because we were the lowest level and if we would buy into Travelshare we could book earlier than the 13 months. Anyway, she asked for my SSN to 'update their records.' I didnt want to give it to her but she insisted Worldmark must have it on file. What she really did was go run my credit! I was livid when I found out later. I have since been told she (and her male boss) were not being truthful about the 13 months. Everyone can only book 13 months in advance right?

So we burned credits and never went to Kona. Spent one night here at Kihei and the next 6 at Valley Isle. We will not be back. Dumping this Worldmark ASAP. The 'view' at Kihei is slight at best. We go to watch whales and we always get big ocean view units at various properties we like. We did not like this one for that purpose. Valley Isle had a much better view and was on the beach. I saw a comment in the forum that VI was like a convalescent home. LOL I guess it was, but hey they were all very nice old people. Our 11 year old son loved the beach there. I would never consider spending time and $$ for a unit that was not a great ocean view. Otherwise you are just in any other boring hotel. Yes this trip was cheaper, but you only live once.

If you want the best whale watch trip use Ultimate Whale Watch. They only take 18 people on the boat. $50/ea but well worth it.
Posted by: LeonandSue

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/23/15 02:45 PM

Hello. Does anyone have a photo of the "Mini Kitchen" in the Studios at Kihei? If no photo, can you describe the "mini kitchen"? I'm assuming that it does have a refrigerator, sink/wash basin, micro wave. Does it have a stove (top burners). I'm pretty sure there is no oven nor dish washer. Just wanted to check before we buy our groceries. We always go to Costco after we land at the airport!
Posted by: AlaskaLiz

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/28/15 06:42 AM

I don't have a pic. The studio unit had no oven, just cook top. There is a microwave and sink. I don't recall about the dishwasher, but we only stayed in studio a day or two last year. Call the resort direct to confirm if you need to they are always helpful. We love it at Kihei. Aloha, Liz
Posted by: yzaske101

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/08/15 09:33 AM

[quote=pktanner]Here is a peeve: We were TOLD at check in that the REASON for the need for chained reservation to a week at a RED ZONE resort is that there is a group of owners that has decided that they can use Worldmark Kihei as a vacation profit making enterprise. So thank you to my fellow owners who are using a loop hole to mess up my vacation plans to enhance your pocket book. I hope you get turned over to the IRS and state taxation people for enforcement.
Posted by: slabeaume

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 08/12/15 06:30 AM

Or it could be that most of us who spend so much time getting there book more then one week at a time. So by the time your week start day is 13 months out, we've already reserved it as part of our 2,3 or more weeks.
Posted by: RanMatPat

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/01/16 09:14 AM

My wife and I spent a week at the Kihei Resort a few years ago and are looking to go back to Maui in 2017. Can anyone tell us how Valley Isle compares with Kihei? We have never visited that Resort
Posted by: AlaskaLiz

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/15/16 08:09 AM

We have been a regular at Kihei since our honeymoon in 2001. Last year had a reservation at Valley isle. We went and viewed room , but cancelled for a few reasons. The beach although across the street from Kihei is much nicer, larger and swimmable. There is just a small beach area here. We didn't like the limited hours of the office, getting towel service, etc. We like to Grill daily and what a pain it would be 2 elevator which during both times we have visited seem busy and slow. The grill locations on the main floor are not convenient. The pool is nice , but I like the set up where Kihei is all Worldmark and you aren't just one of THOSE guests.

As far as the room we looked at the Studios were very nice and larger-I read some reports of uncleanliness but did not see any upon inspection of a freshly cleaned room myself. Furnishings and appliances all adequate. Looking at the grounds and building Kihei appears to be landscaped prettier imo , its larger property too with many buildings.

We have talked to many people over the years that prefer one to the other or like them both. People are obsessed with being on the water, Well because their is NO air conditioning at Valley Isle they tell you to leave your doors open to get the trade winds, with a locking screen door. We like air conditioning, privacy, security and quiet and find it at Kihei. A chief complaint at Kihei is that you will not be guaranteed a room with a view, but you are in Hawaii and you can walk across the street in 2 minutes have your toes in the best sand with lifeguard on duty too. I am up early and normally walking the grounds in peace at 6am and often chatting with night crew. We like the atmosphere and are happy to have a beautiful beach across the street from Kihei. Feel free to PM me questions specific to Maui or Kihei I can probably answer most. Aloha, Liz
Posted by: traveling4fun

Khei vs. Valley Isle - 07/12/16 06:26 PM

I usually have read over the years that Kihei wins over Valley Isle. The reviews change as upgrades are done. There are lots of complaints about the carpet. I have noticed that most condos have tiles or hard flooring over carpet due to the humidity. Just in case anyone is interested, I have an overlapped vacation at Kihei. I keep trying to post on the vacation rental WM4M but have struggled to get them on the board. I have June 30, 2017 thru July 5th or 6th. We would also be willing to work with the entire time of the 30th to July 14 if anyone wants a two week. Private message me, if interested. This was hard work. We are also going to the Big Island Worldmark Kono right before the Kihei vacation, thus the overlap. I will update on our stay after we go.
Posted by: tnjbz16

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/24/17 07:09 PM

I love Kihei, the location, beaches and staff. I have been going there (when I can get in) since it opened. On our Nov 2016 honeymoon trip we were told at the Owner Education that there are owners who snap up condo' s and then rent out. For Christmas 2015 they were renting rooms for $750/night!!!!! And the Kihei staff had to endure upset people who had "rented" but, then faced with moving units every day as nights were not consecutive. I have spoken to Owner Care 're this and been told that they have no control over what owners choose to do with there time. It seems to me that there should be some control for owners who want the time for vacations versus people who are making a business venture. What are the new Board Members going to do to address this?
Posted by: LOTES

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/27/17 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: tnjbz16
It seems to me that there should be some control for owners who want the time for vacations versus people who are making a business venture. What are the new Board Members going to do to address this?
Recent changes implemented over the past ~2 years are steps to rein-in rentals. These include:
  • Grouped Reservations (7+ nights using more than one resort) must use the same guest name on all segments. In general, this increases the difficulty of recovering costs as the owner will likely have an unrented portion of the Grouped Reservation.
  • Grouped Reservations may no longer by-pass the 13-month booking window. All segments of a Grouped Reservation must be inside the 13-month window at time of booking.
  • All segments of a Grouped Reservation must now be in the same season. (?? Not sure I have that entirely correct -- but there has been a change relative to Grouped Reservation portions and season.) Again, increases the difficulty of recouping costs if rented out.
Posted by: RanMatPat

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/05/17 09:00 AM

Liz,
We am so sorry for taking so many years to respond to your post. We were very new to the Forum and am still now having problems finding what I am looking for. We just happen to stumble onto your response to our post. Thank you so much for your time and information, hopefully one day we will end up at Kihei at the same time so we can meet in person. Thanks again, Sincerely, Patricia and Randy
Posted by: wunderlust

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/23/17 03:37 PM

WorldMark Kihei

My husband and I returned after spending a week in Kihei. The staff was so helpful and accomodating. Yes, the rooms are a bit older but they are clean and have everything you need. The beach is right across the street. We liked Kihei as it was slightly less "touristy" than Lahaina. We reccomend a trip to up country. Also we had a small charter take us on the road to Hana which is the only way to really appreciate the island culture. A must go to is the "fishpond" canoe trip. Snorkeling and swimming with turtles was awesome. We also saw a great many humpback whales. A great trip...
Posted by: Rebecca72

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/01/17 11:46 AM

Where is the best place to get snorkel and beach gear (chairs, umbrella, etc)? We are heading there in a few weeks and would really appreciate some advice. Thank you.
Posted by: Living4Him

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/07/17 05:59 AM

Check out Boss Frogs and Maui Dive shop both in Kihei Looks like you
can get most from Boss Frogs, also check loan area in check in building
you might find some of equipment you want to use and return.
I'm not sure but I think you can rent snorkel gear from Expedia people
down by the pool ask when you check in.
Hope this helps enjoy your stay
Posted by: cyberflip

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/27/17 02:11 PM

is it good snorkeling at the beach across?

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/27/17 05:49 PM

I've read that the right side at end of Kamelo I is better snorkeling, I would
suggest buying the book Maui Revealed shows you all the beaches and where snorkeling
is better. All Hawaii beaches are public so if you can get to the water go for it.
Conditions vary that's why book will help available at AAA or probably Amazon.
I've done the snorkeling excursion it's cool but if you're looking to save money just
go to most any beach for free. Hope this helps PM me if you have more questions.
Making my 6th trip to Kihei in November can't wait enjoy your stay.
Posted by: johton

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 06/06/17 02:34 PM

Kam 1 is ok, but only in the early morning, at least when we've been there (June and July). The waves pickup pretty good, maybe starting at 10:00 am, and by 11 or 12, you definitely won't want to snorkel there. Try Ulua Beach, but get there early too.
Posted by: mtnwhale

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/09/17 07:49 PM

This might be a total rookie question, but I'll ask anyways.
How do you go about booking something along the lines of 7-10 consecutive days at Kihei? It seems like each day is completely booked out, exactly 13 months in advance. Do you really need to book it one day at a time, bright and early, as each day hits it's 13 months?
I'm just hoping that I'm missing something... BTW, we're looking at September of 2018, so we're about a month out for the 13 month period to open. Thx!!!

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/10/17 05:17 PM

Places like Kihei are really popular You have to be patient and flexible on dates
that way when something opens up you can grab it. If size of unit isn't critical or
twins or queen that makes it easier. All you need is that first date and then
you can book as many days as you have credits for. I have been to Kihei 6 times with
7 coming up in November, I usually go in October but I think September would be good
as kids are back in school. You will need to check first thing 6am you'll get it
and you'll love it their. Good luck

visited: Solvang, Big bear, Indio (2), Oceanside (3), Anaheim (4), Dolphins cove,
San Diego, Kihei (6), Cairns & Port Stephens Aus

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/18/17 06:44 PM

Usually the chairs and umbrellas don't make it to the "loaner" room. They seem to have been going to the owner update scheduler lady. If you agree to the owners update, she usually suddenly has some available to borrow that she says are hers---all dozen of them. We've "borrowed" from her 3 times now.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/18/17 06:50 PM

Another way to get a reservation in Kihei is to get put on a waitlist. If I remember correctly, you can have 4 waitlists going at a time. Hawaii reservations get cancelled quite often since they're booked 13 months out---a lot happens in 13 months. I've used waitlist for Kihei many times and have always gotten what I wanted. Sometimes it's not until around the 30 day mark when reservations are cancelled in order to not have to fight to get your points back.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/18/17 06:53 PM

there is a nice rock outcropping to the left (looking out to sea---and towards the lifeguard stand). I would think the snorkeling there would be decent, but we haven't tried there yet. But do go early before the winds pick up.
Posted by: cthayer

Re: Which is better booking activities before arrival vs when we get there? - 07/29/17 08:19 AM

We have a large group coming in September and have been looking at different activities. We want to get the best deals and were wondering if we should book them from the internet or have the concierge book it for us when we get there?
Posted by: kni34

Re: Which is better booking activities before arrival vs when we get there? - 10/10/17 04:37 PM

Did you end up going in Sept to Worldmark Kihei? How was this resort? What were some of the best things? We are going next week and super worried after reading some post!
Carol
Posted by: LaLaBaBa

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 11/30/17 04:34 PM

Getting ready to book Maui for a week. After reading a lot of the posts (unable to figure out how to read replies) seems that most prefer Kihei over Valley Isle. Something I didn't read about is transportation. Anyone familiar with Maui and transportation options? Should we rent a car? Thank you in advance for your input

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 12/01/17 10:06 AM

Have never stayed at Valley Isle I prefer Kihei area, as far as transportation they have buses
but to really see and experience Maui I recommend getting a car. Both areas have lots of beaches
but one across from Kihei is one of the best, also they have air conditioning at Kihei you'll
be glad you have it. I just returned from Kihei there for two weeks 7th stay ready to go back
all ready. would recommend getting book "Maui Revealed". If you have further questions don't
hesitate to pm me.

visited: Kihei -7, Anaheim- 6, Big Bear, Indio 2, Oceanside 2, Solvang, Dolphins Cove, Cairns & port
stephens Aus.
Posted by: bella1

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - Reservation - 01/29/18 05:16 PM

Good Evening,
Looking to see if anyone has a reservation they are not going to be using. Anytime between July 2018 to November 2018.
I am already on the waitlist a couple of times, but thought this might be a way also.
I need a 2 or 3 bedroom.
Thank you in advance
Posted by: The_Silva_Family

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/05/18 05:47 AM

I am coming in July with family and have a reservation in a 2 bedroom. Are there 1 or 2 baths in the units?

Thank you.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/08/18 08:06 AM

Master bedroom ensuite shower only, Second bath outside of bedroom has s shower/tub combo.
Enjoy your stay my favorite resort.
Posted by: Splash

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 02/12/18 09:53 AM

Looking for 2 bedroom with twins in 2nd bedroom on March 9 & 10, I have a 2 bedroom with queen in the 2nd bedroom,
Posted by: upsdriver

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/15/18 01:50 PM

I have a 1 bedroom available in kehei from 10/27-11/3. Worldmark won't allow me to cancel this reservation since I booked it 13 months out. If you are interested in buying this week please let me know. I would much rather cancel my reservation, but that doesn't appear to be an option.
Posted by: LOTES

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/15/18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: upsdriver
I have a 1 bedroom available in kehei from 10/27-11/3. Worldmark won't allow me to cancel this reservation since I booked it 13 months out. If you are interested in buying this week please let me know. I would much rather cancel my reservation, but that doesn't appear to be an option.
I'm guessing there is a misunderstanding somewhere in this story. Certainly you may cancel an entire reservation that was booked 13 months from travel ... but you might not simply drop leading days from the reservation if it runs afoul of reservation windows. Are any of the underlying credits (used in this reservation) subject to expiration? Could it be the WM folks were trying to help you avoid losing credits should the reservation become cancelled?

Best wishes with your rental.
Posted by: LizzyBabyGirl

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/28/18 08:14 AM

I have a 3 bedroom in Kehei on September 7-15, 2018. Please email me if you are interested. Ajacobs2300@gmail.com
Posted by: 3kmom

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/18/18 10:47 AM

Where do we see the current WM owner rentals for Kihei?
Posted by: Golf2Live

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/22/18 02:25 PM

I have a two bedroom rented (as that was all that was available when booking) dates: check-in Feb. 22nd for 8 nights, check-out March 2nd. I really only need a 1 bedroom. If you find yourself having to book a one bedroom when you need a two, let me know, we could trade?
Posted by: Tommysgirl

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 12/12/18 09:18 PM

I'm not exactly sure where to start to post something but found this and thought I would give it a try. I have WorldMark Kihei 3 bedroom condo available December 21st to January 1st. I am unable to go and too late to cancel. If anyone is interested or if you have advice please send me a private message. Really would like it to be used and if it is vacant what happens then? Thanks for any advice or replies. I am still learning.
Posted by: FairWood70

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/04/19 10:45 AM

Loc: Washington
We have a two bedroom unit at this resort from March 27th to April 4th. Also a one bedroom unit at Kihei, Maui from April 4th thou April 11. This was two be a family getaway, now due to my daughter having Seizures. We will not be able to go till this is under control. Would like to rent to another owner. Kapaa $1125. Maui for 800.00. Hope someone can use this. Was really looking forward. Booked at 13 months out so should be really great units.
Posted by: FairWood70

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/04/19 01:54 PM

I have a 1 bedroom from 4/4/2019 to 4/11 that I need to rent. Health reasons
Posted by: ErinWynd55

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/10/19 12:42 PM

Hi

I'm new at this forum. I just want to know how this work. I have 2 twin bedroom in Kihei, June 3 -10 that I would like to rent. How does it work?
Thank you for the help.

ErinWynd55
Posted by: ErinWynd55

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/10/19 12:44 PM

Hi Tommygirl

Do you have an answer to your questions?
Posted by: YogiBoo

Re: Owner to Owner credit rentals - 01/20/19 05:39 AM

I have 29,000 credits I would like to rent to another owner. Please email me at hotteine7@yahoo.com for a great rate.
Posted by: Jkhaley

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 01/21/19 04:33 PM

Looking to rent a 2 bedroom in Kihei from July 18 -25, 2019. I have 1 room booked for those dates but need a second one for my son and family.
Posted by: cougsmom

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/06/19 12:39 PM

Those of you who have units reserved, but can no longer use them, why don’t you cancel, so someone on the waitlist can have the reservation? I simply don’t understand making reservations to simply rent them to another owner. That is a unit one of us could have reserved.
Posted by: wcampos

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/12/19 01:28 PM

Looking to book Maui 4/30-5/5/19 1 Bedroom. Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time ?
Please feel free to email me wcampos_1@juno.com
Posted by: RobinAnne

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/19/19 05:25 PM

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I was looking for owners' perspective of this resort & what their top activities are when visiting Kihei. Also, good spots to eat, places to purchase groceries and such. Thank you.
Posted by: mfinn

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/03/19 03:17 PM

I have a 2 bedroom unit from 7/31-8/4 that sleep 6 if anyone is looking for those dates.
Posted by: btnjr

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/07/19 05:16 PM

This is just a comment.

My husband and I have been to Kihei before and had a GREAT time.
This visit (just got in last night) we had booked 13 months out (right at the stroke of 12!) and our room is SMELLY!
I thought my nose would adjust, but it’s just not happening. It’s so incredibly musty and mildew smelling, I don’t know what to do. We’ve tried airing it out, running fans, fabric softener sheets...
Ugh. I’m not super into activities, just hit the beach for a few hours a day, and then hang out around the room. The amenities of WorldMark are usually so awesome that is a vacay in and of itself. Not so certain this time.
Posted by: btnjr

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 07/07/19 08:15 PM

Just wanted to say that we brought it to the attention of the office. They were VERY accommodating, and are moving us in the morning.
YAY WM! Way to for us on customer service! We were told they were full when we ch caked in, so we just assumed it wouldn’t be possible. Still, I thought they should know.
We were told there is a renovation coming soon, so that’s awesome!

Way to come through!
Posted by: badfrank

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 08/05/19 06:26 PM

Looking to book Maui Oct 10 - Oct 14, 1 Bedroom or Studio. Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time ?
Please feel free to email me rbenavente12@gmail.com. Thank you in advance!
Posted by: MichelleGrzy

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 08/26/19 06:45 AM

We're looking to book Maui from February 1-8, 2020, hopefully a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. Does anyone have reservations that they won't be using during that time? Please email me : m_grzybowski@hotmail.com. Thank you so much for considering.
Posted by: sittner

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 09/30/19 05:06 AM

I am looking into booking Kihei in the future and a couple questions for the golfers out there. There are 3 courses fairly close to the resort and would like a review of what you thought of them, I don't want to go to the really expensive resort courses. I would like a reasonable course for a reasonable price that is fun and has some challenge to it. I have never been to Hawaii and from what I've seen and read this resort golf wise seems pretty good to me, correct me if I'm wrong please. I want to play probably 3 days of golf out of 7 we will be there that's why I say reasonable price so I don't break the bank. Thanks in advance and all input is appreciated.
Posted by: dianalynnbrown

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/07/19 04:05 AM

We just checked out on Saturday: The smell was horrible: I called the office and they brought in an ozone machine and we had to leave the room for an hour: We stayed gone for a few hours and there was no change: I called the office each day and they did the same with no change in smell. They also did a dry shampoo and cleaned the filter on the A\C again with no change: I told them in the morning we woke up with headaches and were coughing. They let us check out other rooms in the same building as well as one other building: No change: They pit the machine in the room each day: I called the Owner Services and they said I needed to deal with local management. My only options with local management was change rooms or have the ozone machine each day.

I spoke with several staff members and they all said because the units are old and have carpet that moisture in the air and carpets not drying after being shampooed.

. I called Owner Services again and got a different manager that was kind of rude. She kept telling me she could not help until I checked out. I asked over and over what would happen if I checked out like would I lose my points or could they help me find a different property. She would not give me an answer except telling me to deal with local management or wait to see what they would do until I checked out. Since no one would give me a better option we stayed. We slept with the balcony door open and the fan on each night even though it was hot. After we checked out I called Owner Services and they said they had to call the resort to verify my story and see what they offered to do for me. After placing me on hold all they would do is offer my housekeeping token back. He said if I would have told local management I wasn't satisfied they would have had to dealt with it. I did seek help each day from local management and was never satisfied. I also called Owner Services and they would not advise me what to do. I said if I left am taking the chance of losing points and money as I would have had to get a hotel out of pocket. After arguing back and forth for almost 30 minutes

they said I would have to write a letter or they will close the case. I am so angry and have no idea if we were breathing mold for five nights. Owner Services even tried to argue that there was no way it could be mold. He had an answer for everything.

has anyone else ever dealt with something like this before with Worldmark?

Thank you,
Diana
Posted by: rcglmg

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/08/19 04:49 PM

I have played all the courses except for private ones. The very best deal and the closest course to WM in Kihei is Maui Nui, right up the road. They have packages depending on how often you want to play. The best time is in the morning before the trade winds blow. Great course and good bar. Friendly staff and be sure to tip the guys how get your cart and load your clubs. If you rent clubs check out Maui golf in the Longs Drug parking lot.
Posted by: sittner

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/25/19 02:44 AM

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Posted by: gedora

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 10/26/19 10:38 AM

Had almost the same exact experience.. They were going to move us to differnt room, but it was worse than the one we were in. We also ended with no resolution.
Posted by: Lindajo

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 03/12/20 01:08 PM

I am angry that I have to try to book resorts like Kihei 13 months in advance, but can go to VRBO and see units in Worldmark Kihei available in the next month or two. I do not believe owners should be allowed to rent out their units using sites like VRBO. I would like the directors to change the bylaws to make secondary renting like this illegal. It is one thing to rent your unit out to a friend or family, but not through another website.
Posted by: bella22

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 04/03/20 05:22 AM

Does anyone know if the smell, musty or moldy room situation has been resolved at this resort? I'm trying to book a 60 surprise birthday trip for someone special and they have asthma -- I can't risk getting there and having this issue. Is the other WM resort- Valley Isle have the same issue?

Thank you in advance for your help everyone.

Sincerely,
Bella
Posted by: Pat_604

Questions on comparing our WM Kihei vs. WM Valley Isle - 05/28/20 03:33 PM

I am hoping all the experienced members who travel to Maui often can share their insight between our Kihei and our Valley Isle resort.

I believe that all or most the units in Kihei are managed by WorldMark but only 14 of 120 units at Valley Isle are run by WorldMark. This translate to 98x 2BRs in Kihei vs. only 6 2BRs in Valley Isle.

So how would you compare these 2 resorts?

Pro's and Con's for each of these resorts?

Thanks.
Pat
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted by: SunnyC

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 06/17/20 06:06 PM

Looking to book Maui June 29th - July 6th 2021 - 3 bedroom.
I know this is FAR fetched however, Corona decided to pay my family a few visits and now it's recovery time.
Does anyone have reservations that they will not be using during this time?Please feel free to Email wcampos_1@Juno.com or Text 707-880-4343

I appreciate it very much.
Stay Safe & Healthy

Re: Questions on comparing our WM Kihei vs. WM Valley Isle - 08/10/20 10:50 AM

The Kihei resort is considerably larger then the Valley Isle resort. The main difference would be the location. I've not stayed in the Valley Isle, but have stayed in a couple RCI exchanges very near it. I've stayed at Worldmark Kihei several times and love the location there, too. Although most of the units are a pretty good walk from the beach, but if you don't mind walking it's in a pretty walkable area. Love the public beaches across the street from the resort and it's not too far of a walk to shops and restaurants in Kihei. Although I personally prefer the more residential feel of the Kihei area, I did enjoy staying up in the Valley Isle area, too. As for the actual rooms, we've had no complaints with the WM Kihei units we've stayed in. I noticed a few complaints about smelly rooms, but we didn't have that problem. But it has been about 3 years since we stayed there. Was suppose to be there this past March, but that didn't happen! I wouldn't hesitate staying at either resort.
Posted by: wastangman

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 04/16/21 09:03 PM

Because Kihei has no sharing room or closet we have a number of items we bought that we would like pass on to another member on 4/19/21.
We have 3 bikes, 3 helmets, 3 boogie boards and two beach chairs.
All bought less than two weeks ago since our arrival in Kihei.
There were no bike rentals available at the time so we bought bikes, helmets, boogie boards, chairs at Costco and Target.
We would love to share the cost with someone or pass it on if we can.
email me at sgacioch@hotmail.com if interested.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/13/21 04:32 PM

Wow, hope your found someone to take them. They use to have chairs and such to borrow (they usually hid them away and loaned them out if you agreed to an owner update}. Guess COVID stopped that, too?
Posted by: 1kodiak

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - 05/23/21 08:59 AM

Just to put my two cents in we stayed at Kihei resort a while back, we have been there before, I killed 37 roaches in the room and had the bug guy there three times! The resort is very dirty stains all over the side walks, they say they cant clean them because the are so full all the time! Where are our dues going then?
Posted by: Lilian

Booking - 10/26/21 11:55 AM

We go to a Kihei every year and love the area. It is true that the resort is sadly in need of renovations. Many unit items are no longer available..kettles, tea pots, housekeeping every week if you are there a long time is no longer an option.

I am trying to book for later this year and the website says that bookings are unavailable at this time. What is this all about? Never happened before. Does anyone know what is going on?

Re: Booking - 10/26/21 07:47 PM

I heard that Kihei is one of the resorts that will get a remodelling in 2022 like Kona just had. They would need to take the units off line. Just heard it at the AGM today.

Lilian, when were you there last?
Posted by: Lilian

Re: Booking - 10/27/21 06:07 PM

We were there in January 2020.
Thanks for letting me know that they are taking units off line. It is frustrating but good that renovations are happening.

Re: Questions and Comments for Kihei - Remodelling - 04/06/22 09:48 AM

Just found out that the Kihei property is finally going into remodeling in July-2022 as it was delayed from 2019, then Oct-2021. Make sense to do the remodeling during their summer season. Hopefully it will happen so we will have a great refreshed resort.