Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef

Posted by: Forum Host

Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 04/13/04 04:17 PM

Have a questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Orlando - Kingstown Reef", "Kudos; Journal - Orlando - Kingstown Reef", or "Kudos; Photos - Orlando - Kingstown Reef". This will make it easier to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.
Posted by: paulbeckystevens

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 01/25/11 07:07 PM

I am taking my family to Orlando on February 26 through March 5th. I am looking for some good information on tickets for Disney and Sea World as well as the best beaches to take my kids. My kids are 5 8 and 9, they would love to see dolphins, play in the ocean as well as collect sea shells or sand dollars or star fish...you get the picture. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Posted by: realgoodman

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 01/31/11 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: paulbeckystevens
I am taking my family to Orlando on February 26 through March 5th. I am looking for some good information on tickets for Disney and Sea World as well as the best beaches to take my kids. My kids are 5 8 and 9, they would love to see dolphins, play in the ocean as well as collect sea shells or sand dollars or star fish...you get the picture. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks

One of the best places to purchase tickets for Disney would be through Undercover Tourist.com. They offer the best prices. You really don't want to wait until you get to Disney to buy the tickets. This will save you quite a bit of money. The prices you see already include tax and shipping. You would want to order them now, so you have them in time. They usually ship rather quickly, but better safe than sorry.

The best place to buy Sea World tickets is directly through Sea World.com. Usually with the one day ticket, you can get a 2nd day free.

There is also another great site called Disboards.com. People can give you many tips and advice about all the theme parks in Orlando. They can even give you good recommendations on which beaches to go to. I've been to Daytona and Cocoa Beach. Between the two, I would personally go back to Daytona. Beaches there were less rocky and easier to play in the water. I know some people will suggest heading to the beaches on the gulf coast side.

Hope this helps and hope I'm not too late.
Posted by: Boomer82

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 04/19/11 04:50 PM

O.K. Everyone knows there is a ton to do in Orlando, I'm curious about the WM property in Orlando, is it the standard well kept, great place to stay that most of the properties are, or us there something that's not being said that the rest of us might want to know?

Thanks!
Posted by: oldcoach

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 04/20/11 08:19 AM

Boomer-- IMHO, the worldmark-Orlando is a nice place. We've stayed there twice. We've also, on other trips, rented other privately-owned condos, and visited other nice resorts there. The WM resort has 2 nice pools and a couple of hot tubs, all in a nice setting. There's also a "kids' water-play area", I think. Our 2, 2-BR units were spacious, nicely appointed, and well-stocked------ Overall, certainly adequate and quite nice. There was 10 of us, and we enjoyed it there thoroughly. There is/was a nice restaurant near the pool. There was also a nice, fun, & cozy little bar (that was CLOSED the last time we were there--- BUMMER). It is VERY handy to all of the big theme parks, 10 mins +/- to Disney parks & Sea World, 25 mins +/- up to Universal, 60-90 mins +/- out to Cocoa Beach, 1 1/2 hrs +/-to Busch Gardens Tampa-- (this was 3+ years ago, in the first week of December-- things may have changed somewhat since). IMHO, the bottom line on thw WM Kingstown Reef resort is--- nice place, good pool(s), lots of parking (you DO need a car), and handy & convenient to all the big parks. There are certainly many larger, more extravagant, "WOW" resorts in the area that the WM resort doesn't compare with, and that's OK (think of having pools & hot tubs nearly to yourself!). You have plenty of options of where to stay when you visit the Orlando/Kissimmee area. ALL things considered, the WM resort is a good choice. Have fun, the Old Coach.
Posted by: oldcoach

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 04/21/11 09:13 AM

Boomer (& maybe others?)-- Please excuse me for interjecting personal (and long-winded---sorry), opinions. (Remember that opinions are like rear ends--- everybody has one!)..... It's about tickets. Even though we like Undercover Tourist, and similar sites, to "pre-buy" park tickets, there are other options that make more sense to us. There are LOTS of "tickets outlets" in the area, and actually, they sell (or used to sell) park tickets & packages right there at the WM resort in the lobby-- for maybe just a very few dollars more than "pre-buying" online. For us at least--- sometimes plans change!! And once you've bought'em (online), you've bought 'em. I hope it never happens but should your plans change at the last minute..... you've still got tickets. Maybe just buying them online at the last minute (if possible) would be alright....Our usual (pre-planning) plan of attack (on Kissimmmee/Orlando trips) is (1)- Check EACH park's "hours of operation" for EACH DAY- (They can be quite different! There can be big differences in closing times, parades, fireworks, etc, DAY-TO-DAY--- at the same park!) With that info... make some sort of day-by-day schedule. (2)- Carefully go thru and decide on the best tickets and/or "packages" (WDW has many options!). (3)- Leave yourself the option of changing plans along the way if possible (swapping "here" for "there" on any particular day--- because plans change/things happen). (4)- (sounds stupid, but)- GET UP EARLY, eat breakfast in the unit, and get your butts out the door! (doesn't matter which park or which day). Shoot for being parked 15-20 mins BEFORE the gates open. I know that sounds quite regimented and un-relaxing, but it pays BIG benefits. You'll see. You can go "home" in the afternoon if you want (think- the pool!), and return in the evenings (IMHO- the best time). Makes for great, "full" days! And remember, your "ticket" and parking pass are both still "good" (because it's still the "same day"). & lastly (5) (I know- sounds stupid, but) I wear shorts with good sized pockets or maybe even take a small backpack, with sunblock, water and energy snacks/ munchies, maybe lightweight hat(s). Remember that the last time we were there, there was 10 of us-- ranging from 54 to 3 years old. Your situation probably isn't like that. If you go--- have fun..... The Old Coach
Posted by: sg1salem

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 01/17/12 12:21 PM

my husband and i are going to be staying at worldmark,orlando and was wondering where we can get tickets for the parks there. is it best to get them at worldmark themselves or do it at the park.we are staying from feb. 26 to the 4th of march
Posted by: Regina

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 02/20/12 08:13 PM

sg1salem,

I read your post re:tickets. Just an idea. If you have a AAA membership, they have some on-line deals for Walt Disney World (I just bought a 4-day pass & parking is included). And any discount is better than none.

Good luck.
Posted by: realgoodman

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 02/28/12 12:00 PM

Been a while since I've been on here. Hit on a few things oldcoach said, mostly with whom I agree with. In my opinion, a trip to Orlando is not something that can just be thrown together 3 or 4 months out. Not saying you can't, it can be done, but a trip to Orlando needs to be planned out at least a good 6 months or more. Especially if you plan to stay at WM. The resort here books quick.

True there are many ticket outlets. If you are going to WDW, it's best to buy your tickets early. WDW has a history of raising their ticket prices each year. The earlier you buy your tickets, the better. True, once you buy tickets online, you've bought them. Tickets bought online (or in person at an outlet/retail store) are not date specific. At least not for WDW or Universal Studios. By that I mean, you can buy them now in 2012 and use them in 2014 if you like. I think Sea World's are only good for the year, but not quite sure on this. I'll see if I can find more on them. So if you buy WDW ticket early, they will be good until the first time you use them. The first day you use them, they will expire 14 days from that first day. Unless you buy non-expiring tickets. I agree with oldcoach on this. Careful on your ticket choice. There are many different ticket options for WDW.

If you want to wait to buy tickets when you get to Orlando you can. I wouldn't buy them from the parks themselves though. They really tend to be more expensive there. You usually get the best discounts online. Not always, but most often. If you are a AAA member and can find an office there, I hear they have reasonable prices. Same if you're a Costco member. Careful with ticket outlets that offer heavily discounted or free tickets. Most of these places are places trying to sell timeshares. They want you to sit in what they call an hour presentation that lands up being about 3-4 hours as they get you to try and buy.

I agree check the parks hours. WDW will post their park hours online 6 months in advance. Universal about 4-5 months. Looking at SW, looks like until the end of the year. They may have some of the events listed. If they're not listed, usually about 2-3 months prior, they will have them listed. This is for all theme parks. At least that's been my experience.

Reason I said you need to plan more than 6 months out is because of WDW and their dining options. They have many sit down reservations that require reservations to get into them. WDW will take reservations 180 days prior to dining date. Many restaurants will book up completely at 180 days out. So best to have a plan and stick with it the best you can. I posted more about this in the "Area Restaurants" thread.

I agree with everything else oldcoach said. Get to the parks early. Take a break if you can. Everyone's touring style is different.
Posted by: maggie5653

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 03/15/12 08:58 PM

Orlando question==does anyone know if the resort Worldmark Orlando have cribs or pack and plays? We are planning our trip for Late June and need to know so my daughter can prepare for our grandson who will be 18 months old. And I have read the blogs about tickets and appreciate the suggestion about AAA.
Posted by: karenandclayton

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 09/23/12 06:37 AM

Let me know if you still need them.
Posted by: jhtb1jhtb1

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 11/12/12 07:32 PM

Just spent first full week in Nov 2012 at Orlando. Weather was comfortable, temps 70's to low 80's, night temp 50's into low 60's. One day forecasted rain...just a few drops early then partly cloudy. Did not have GPS so a bit difficult to locate address on busy street. Look for palm trees, sign has curved top and is lit by blue lights. Disney World is fairly easy to get to, however we got lost for a short time coming back after dark which was a bit frustrating. Watch for heavy traffic on Vineland Drive after dark in night club area about a mile or two south of resort. Get to WDW as soon as you can after they open in the morning as they shut down early our last day there so we had to cut that day short. Also drove to Cape Kennedy for tour. Good day trip, toll on highway is ABOUT $5 total each way. Enjoyed the week and will return sometime.
Posted by: skiers

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - 12/29/12 10:58 AM

Where is Westgate Lakes?
Posted by: shucks

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 06/19/14 01:44 PM

We spent a week May 27 through June 2nd in a 2 bedroom with 4 adults and a 5 year old. As WorldMark owners, it was the perfect place for us. Very friendly staff, clean resort and grounds, easy to all of the Disney parks cocoa beach and air port. Pools and hot tubs were nice and clean. Not a problem sharing the washers and dryers as they were easy access too and very large machines. Kitchen is a little small, but we were fine and we fixed meals every day as well as grilled twice. It saved us a ton of money over eating out and at the parks. We were gone most all day and back for the evening to cook, eat and enjoy the pools and hot tubs. Normal Worldmark furnishings. Recommend Kingstown Reef.
Posted by: Thrap

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 06/22/14 06:48 AM

I have this reserved for the BYU-UCF football game 10/8-10/10 but wanted to see if I could sell the credits. Where can I do this?
Posted by: 8995st

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 08/01/15 09:10 AM

Planning a cruise and was wondering if there is any type of transportation from this
resort to the cruise piers at cape Canaveral? I know it's about an hour or so but
might be worth while instead of paying top dollar for a hotel near by. Thanks
Posted by: Pdouble

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 01/22/16 03:09 PM

Greetings,
I have a 1 bedroom unit reserved at this resort for Feb.16, 2016 for four nights. Purchasing home and my closing date has been rescheduled for this week; too late to cancel trip without losing points. Any one interested in this reservation? Hoping to get dates used so that I don't waste points. Please contact me if interested; these dates are school vacation dates for Massachusetts.
Posted by: Cindy Shepherd

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 03/12/17 01:54 PM

I am looking at a 1 BR "Fractional" room at Kingstown Reef. What does "Fractional" mean?
Posted by: rijaka

Re: Questions and Comments for Orlando - Kingstown Reef - 03/14/17 08:16 PM

"Fractional" means that it is not owned by Worldmark by Wyndham, but that it is in a place that Worldmark owns some of the units. The unit is rented out and available through WbW, but will not be up to Wyndham standards. You will be renting from a private owner, through WbW. I have never rented a "Fractional" unit because I like to know what to expect. You can get on the waitlist for any type unit if it isn't available. I hope that helps a bit.