Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs

Posted by: Forum Host

Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs - 03/02/04 12:40 PM

Share those hidden gems you stumbled upon or report on the celebrated favorite that everyone must visit. This is the place to share your reviews and suggestions.
Posted by: steeler1mws

Re: Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs - 11/06/12 09:44 PM

For a fun night at dinner, go to the 8th Street Steakhouse. You can pick your own steak, chicken or shrimp then you cook it yourself. You are told how long to cook it on each side and you are given various spices and sauces to add to your steak. You can also pick your vegetables off of the salad bar and saute them on the grill. I was visiting with my son. We both ordered buffalo steaks one of the more expensive steaks available. Our bill came to $84.00. It was one of the best steaks I ever ate. My complements to the Chef.
Posted by: da5stringking

Re: Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs - 06/09/15 08:24 PM

We enjoyed a few restaurants while we were there. Each one had something that we enjoyed. Our first day there we enjoyed lunch at Johnny B. Goode's. While it was very small, we got in quickly and got our food in a timely fashion. I had a BLT which was HUGE and my husband had a Rueben that he enjoyed.

Our second day there we ate at the Creekside Café. The we chose to sit inside, but the outside has a relaxed atmosphere while by a running creek. My husband had biscuits and gravy. I had a French dip. Both of our portions were large there, too. It was quite busy and we had to sit at the bar, but we were very well taken care of.

Our third day, we went to Wynona's. It was highly recommended. The bakery looked good, even though we didn't get anything from it. I had a tuna melt, which was different because it was an open-faced sandwich. My husband had the turkey sandwich on sour dough. We were both satisfied. We were impressed at the business and the efficiency of how they turned over their tables.

Our last day in Steamboat, we ate at Carl's. It was very interesting! It was pretty empty when we went. They had interesting choices of appetizers. We tried two of them--the corn bread which was awesome(!) and the deviled eggs. I didn't know that there could be so much done with a deviled egg. They were really good. For dinner, I had a pulled pork sandwich that had a helping of coleslaw, and my husband had the meat loaf. Nice place, nice atmosphere--I can see how it could get very busy in the thick of the tourist season.

Our only complain (and it is a petty one) is that everywhere we went served Pepsi. But it saved us on our dining bill to drink water and then get a 52 oz. Coke at the Kum and Go gas station near the resort. All in all, we were not disappointed!
Posted by: Mc2Kc3

Re: Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs - 12/24/17 08:28 AM

Two hidden gems from our recent trip to Steamboat:
1. Winona's in town for breakfast. OMG !!
2. T-Bar bar and grill, on the mountain. It's a locals favorite. Located near the beginner run "Right of Way', next to the snow roller coaster. Amazing street tacos and pulled pork sliders. Cheapest adult beverages on the mountain. Ski in, ski out.
Posted by: cocaman

Re: Area Restaurants - Steamboat Springs - 07/20/19 03:39 PM

Salt and Lime for good Mexican. McDonalds for a cheap Coke.