Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park

Posted by: KrisComm

Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 01/22/19 01:04 PM

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Portland," "Kudos: Journal - Portland," or "Kudos: Photos - Portland." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.
Posted by: CherylPerrigo

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 03/17/19 06:11 PM

I have been calling the number listed for a week but nobody answers. The number listed is 503 2735300. Where doesn't any body answer. I need specific information.
Posted by: tiglore

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 06/17/19 09:40 AM

I do have a question about the property: is this another Sales Site? Do we have to snarl at the salespeople before they will leave us alone and give us our keys?
Posted by: Breezy

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 06/30/19 05:00 AM

It is absolutely a sales sight. This a location chosen not only because of high request but likelihood of bringing in more members due to location. You don't need a parking pass so I believe you may be able to skip the pressure.
Posted by: tiglore

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 07/08/19 08:19 AM

Thank you, I was afraid of that. Honestly, there are so many properties we avoid now because of the heavy-handed sales teams. I really hate that Wyndham has done this to our owners!
Posted by: THEMONSTERUNDERY

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 10/08/19 08:45 AM

Yes. Sometimes that works, but not always.
Posted by: DrJimmy

Re: Questions and Comments for WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park - 12/24/19 11:14 AM

RE: Heavy Handed Sales team. "Snarl at the sales people"...so true. I agree that this is almost always an unpleasant part of check-in. In the past, the reward for attending was a $100 -125 AM Express gift card. Since this is no longer the case, I just tell the clerk that is trying to sign me up that my time is worth a $150 gift card minimum and I have no interest in shows or restaurant discounts; that usually just stops them in their tracks. However, on one occasion at Inn At The Park, San Diego, the young man somehow managed to get approval and phoned me a day later with an offer of $150! The "owner upgrade" went only 1 hour, so it was well worth my time. Essentially paid for 1/2 my 3 day stay smile