Plantation resort

Posted by: mbeldard

Plantation resort - 10/31/20 07:43 AM

We stayed at Plantation Resort at Surfside Beach, SC October 23-30, 2020, and had a fantastic experience! The visit started off on the right foot with the free Moon Pies and playing cards at check-in. We had a 3 bedroom condo, which turned out to be a two-bedroom with an adjoining studio condo. This meant we had a full kitchen and a kitchenette with a hot plate and microwave. Two jetted tubs and two washer/dryer machines. My 22-year-old daughter took the studio, my 19-year-old daughter had the bedroom with the 2 queen beds and, of course, my wife and I had the master bedroom. The room was comfortable and quiet. The outdoor pool was nice but unheated. The beach is about a mile away and was MUCH less crowded than the beaches in Myrtle Beach. If you are a fan of BBQ, Bar-B-Que House directly across US-17 BUS from the resort is some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Also, JB's Jerk Shack down the road was really good. Ripley's aquarium was great to visit. We bought our tickets at the aquarium and were given the military discount. You can also add tickets to other Ripley's attractions for $5 per person when you buy the tickets there (or online) which can save some money.