Plaza Resort and Spa review

Posted by: SOCALCUBANO

Plaza Resort and Spa review - 11/15/16 01:58 PM

We have had our ownership since 2002 and this is the first time we have been very disappointed with an owner resort. First of all, a RESORT is is NOT!. Resorts have ammenities: The Plaza has a tennis court, dismal pool that is old and very small, and offers massage services. None of this would classify as a Resort and Spa by my definitions or what we have come to be expect in with WorldMark ownership. The Plaza is clean, I will give you that. However there was a musty smell everywhere we went from the room to the the hallways to the elevator to the entrance area. The staff was fantastic. Very Friendly and helpful, but very under staffed. Many times the front desk was unmanned. It is an old establishment that is in dire need of a face lift. If your looking for a place to crash for a few days, close to all the fun of Palm Springs, then this is the place for you - BUT - don't expect the usual WorldMark experience with respect to ammenities, services' or room accomodations. One more thing: PETS ARE ALLOWED! However, no where did is say that on the website. We saw almost as many pets in the Plaza as we did guest! Don't get me wrong, we love animals, however, my wife is highly allergic and had some issues as a result of all the pets.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Plaza Resort and Spa review - 01/11/18 08:31 PM

Not much has changed. The Plaza looks to be a 70's style Holiday Inn. To make a 1 bedroom there was a door cut in the middle wall of 2 units. One bathroom was converted to a kitchenette. So you have 1 bedroom and bath on one side and a living/dining kitchenette on the other. The ceilings are low and still have popcorn ceilings and the units are dark and worn. There are no dishwashers,oven, laundry, or grills with each unit and balconies are very small. The 1st floor laundry machines are free if you supply soap and downy sheets. The pools are small but heated and in good shape. The jets on the hot tubs are better than most Worldmarks. The SPA is awful; there is one inoperable treadmill, 1 stationary bike, and a 3 station universal. The saunas are separated off the men's and women's lockers and look dingy. There is a small room for massages and 1 outside tennis court to complete the Spa environment. The resort is managed by Wyndham and there is no Worldmark presence on site. The staff is pleasant but uncaring, but you do get a complementary tidy-up on Wednesday if you are staying a week. Location is walking distance to Trader Joe's, Boomers, and several fast food restaurants. The location is close to Indian Canyons if you like hiking and the outdoors.There is a general musty smell throughout the resort, although it is cleaned on a regular basis. Parking is all outside and easy, since no one is here. The staff said it was ok for Worldmark customers to bring animals?