Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort

Posted by: KrisComm

Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 07/23/13 12:48 PM

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to compliment someone for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort", "Kudos: Journal - St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort," or "Kudos: Photos - St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort." This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or respective kudos. Be sure to gibe us the username for your thank you.
Posted by: rpselma

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 01/14/14 02:13 PM

We have a vacation booked for WorldMark St. Thomas – Elysian Beach Resort. Does anyone know what is the best way to get from the airport to the resort?
Does the Resort offer a shuttle? What kind of alternate methods of transportation do you suggest?
Thanks
Posted by: slabeaume

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 07/31/14 08:19 PM

There is no shuttle from the airport to the resort. I'm sure you can take a cab. Not sure of the cost. Would probably take about 20-30 minutes to get there from the airport. If you drive and are trying to use a Garmin, it may not recognize the address of the resort. But if you go to Places and Hotels, it was in there (with the correct address!)
Posted by: bthorman

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 08/01/14 08:08 AM

How was it driving there? Easy to find places and drive on the other side of the road?
Posted by: slabeaume

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 08/06/14 06:54 AM

If you stay on the main roads, the driving wasn't bad. They aren't well marked, though, so it's easy to miss a turn here or there. We tried to "cut through" a neighborhood up in the hills and got caught on some very narrow roads. Once we found the Elysian, it was easy to find REd Hook, the grocery store and the East side beaches.
Posted by: travelerjim

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 09/30/14 01:15 PM

Is a rental car a good idea, or just take taxis? Do you need special insurance like in Mexico?
Posted by: Ladyhubbyteens

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 11/25/14 02:08 PM

was reading up on trip advisor about this resort having a mosquito problem, where many got bite infections even with mosquito repellents applied...and sand fleas !! ugh frown
this is a main concern...i just booked 2 weeks for next july 2015 ..
any input ?...tks smile
Posted by: nellbek

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 03/03/15 06:59 AM

We stayed here for 7 nights and only noticed mosquitoes once when the wind completely died down. We saw mosquitoes at other times, but were never bothered by them. Dengue and Chikungunya are both in this area so remember your repellant in case they do show up (we got bitten and didn't get sick). We didn't notice a problem with sand fleas at any of the beaches but we were usually gone before sunset/dusk. We were there in January, so, not sure if it would be different in July, but it really wasn't a problem for us.
Posted by: CTDDallas

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 08/31/15 03:20 PM

I'm staying here at the Elysian Resort now (31 August 2015), and the bugs are horrible. Definitely pack a couple bottles of bug spray if you're coming here. Without any repellent, I got about 2 dozen bug bites in about 5 minutes the first night before we were chased inside by the swarming mosquitoes. The sand fleas are also pretty bad, but not quite as bad as the mosquitoes.

Also, the beach is really small and private, which is good for families who don't want to be bothered, but if you're looking for socializing, you'll have to go to another beach. The hot tub was over-treated by caustic chemicals that made it unbearable, and the pool was pretty dirty. Being here in the "off-season" the pool bar is only open for a short while on the afternoon, but Sangria's has good food, reasonable prices, and is open later. Still, if you're looking for a party scene, this is not it. You'll have to either taxi or drive a rental to a different beach.
Posted by: RJTPB

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 10/14/16 01:00 PM

We are planning a trip to St. Thomas in late January and we were just wondering how the resort came thru the Hurricane?
Posted by: ADub

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 10/26/16 10:49 AM

I would like to know if anyone who has stayed at the resort recently is still experiencing problems with the bugs?
I'm thinking of going next month.
Thank you!
Posted by: mawman

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 06/11/17 07:25 AM

Hey WorldMark, any chance we can get photos of the interior of a room we will actually get instead of photos of an "upgraded" room? I don't appreciate the bait & switch tactics. The room shown on the WM website has an upper bedroom & full kitchen. Something WM owners don't get. Thanks
Posted by: Kandm25

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 07/19/17 11:16 AM

Has anyone visited since 2015? No current postings. Looks like there are 2 separate fees charged daily per unit. $25 VI tax I presume and an additional $14 energy fee. I have 3 units so this may affect my continuing this trip. Thanks!
KandM25
Posted by: hv2miracles

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 08/05/17 09:44 AM

Following...I have time booked end of October. Also wondering about previous posts regarding bugs, units.

Originally Posted By: Kandm25
Has anyone visited since 2015? No current postings. Looks like there are 2 separate fees charged daily per unit. $25 VI tax I presume and an additional $14 energy fee. I have 3 units so this may affect my continuing this trip. Thanks!
KandM25
Posted by: Pmfjamul1

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 04/07/19 09:59 AM

Has anyone heard when St Thomas Resort will be up and running?
Posted by: GMNOT56

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 01/29/20 05:54 AM

Just a follow up as I have heard nothing, but is this resort open??
Posted by: utscrapbooker

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 03/08/20 04:50 PM

Did you get any info? Am looking to book there but was hoping for some current info....
Posted by: gobellagio

ANY UPDATE????????? - 01/23/21 07:07 AM

Now that the Elysian Beach Resort is back open, when will they be posting new pics of the restaurants and new pool area? The pictures posted are pre hurricane frown. Any help would be appreciated, supposed to travel there in March!!
Posted by: cheintz

Re: ANY UPDATE????????? - 03/31/21 06:49 PM

Did you make it if so how was it
Posted by: billvicky96

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 09/21/21 05:08 AM

eek
Posted by: Hawks07P

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 04/02/22 05:48 AM

currently staying at resort. As a 1st time visitor to this resort I am sad to say their check in personnel is sub par. They don't inform you of any activities at the facility unless you ask them several times! Found out later that there is a shuttle every Tuesday to take you downtown for shopping. The beach is small but excellent for children and older adults. The pool area was packed the whole time we were there. Two restaurants on premises. Expect to pay approx. $50.00 each time you eat out (2). No bbq's. No ice buckets in rooms. We did consider renting a car but decided against it due to cost (1200.00) for 10 days. Taxi is what we used. Taxi from airport shared for 2 people - $40.00. To Redhook 7-10 per person each way. Hope this helps. Beautiful island
Posted by: Pat_604

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 04/04/22 10:45 PM

From what I learnt from ownercare, Worldmark Elysian has units that individual owners own for some of the prime dates and hence the calendar is grey-out on their end (not because other "points" members booked). But they are not fractional units. Can someone clarify how and why this is happening? A clubpass guide also informed me that all units starting Dec 27-2022 also did not have inventory loaded in (when I was calling daily since March 24 -9 months out) and it was not because other Wyndham members or WM clubpass members had booked these units....Confusing....

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 04/04/22 10:47 PM

Can someone who has stayed there in early May season share their experience with the weather - heat, rain and humidity? The resort goes into blue season after April 25.... Are there issues going to Elysian around that time? Thanks.

Re: Questions and Comments for St. Thomas - Elysian Beach Resort - 04/07/22 11:51 AM

Thank You for updating this forum and please continue to share your experience at Elysian Beach Resort.