Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach

Posted by: Forum Host

Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 04/13/04 04:01 PM

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Pismo Beach", "Kudos; Journal - Pismo Beach", of "Kudos; Photos - Pismo Beach". This will make it easy to search this thread ti find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the user name for your thank you.
Posted by: teramiabullfrog

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 03/20/15 03:37 PM

"QUESTIONS - PISMO BEACH" My wife and I are (were?) looking forward to a two night stay at the Pismo Beach WM, for our 45th anniversary celebration. We booked reservations for the restaurant, which is part of the hotel that's associated with the WM (you check in at a hotel desk, not at an exclusive WM style reservation check-in). My wife is recovering from a major surgery and requires extreme cleanliness and sanitation where we stay, which WM has always "seemed" to provide us at the other resorts we've stayed; however, while waiting for the room to become ready on the day of check-in we were eating lunch at one of the jacuzzi area tables at the Pismo Beach Resort and noticed a family packing up and getting ready to check out of one of the downstairs rooms, and they came out of the room with a dog. One of our main considerations we had, when we bought into WM, was the "no pets" policy, my wife is extremely allergic to dogs (and now, with her recovery process happening after surgery, the "allergy possibilities" because a dog was staying in the same room they have us scheduled to check into, causes our entire anniversary plans to be altered). I did write down the license plate number of the car the people with the dog got into (they also had five people staying in the 1 BD unit). We're probably going to have to try and find another place to stay? Any suggestions on how we should handle this situation, should I contact WM management and report the license plate number? And, should we be refunded our credits for our scheduled two nights stay, which we're now not going to be able to do? This is a big disappointment to us.
Posted by: LOTES

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 03/25/15 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: teramiabullfrog
I did write down the license plate number of the car the people with the dog got into (they also had five people staying in the 1 BD unit). We're probably going to have to try and find another place to stay? Any suggestions on how we should handle this situation, should I contact WM management and report the license plate number? And, should we be refunded our credits for our scheduled two nights stay, which we're now not going to be able to do? This is a big disappointment to us.
teramiabullfrog,

So sorry to read of the unanticipated situation disrupting your celebration. I hope WM Owner Services was able to work through the problem with you for a reasonable resolution? Congratulations to you both on the 45th Anniversary and wishing your wife a stable recovery.
Posted by: teramiabullfrog

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 03/25/15 07:54 AM

Thank you for your concern and your comments; unfortunately, WM Guest Services sent back a rather rude and opinionated response, which I will be dealing with today.
Posted by: KimHim

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 06/21/17 03:20 PM

Hi,

I was able to get Pismo Beach for New Year weekend. I called the place and they said that Pismo beach only has fireworks during 4th of July.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience - what's there to do for the new years with family? Please let me know. Thank you.
Posted by: wunderlust

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 01/09/18 09:37 AM

We are staying at the WorldMark in Pismo now. The units are small but once again, you did't come here to sit in the unit. Only a 1/2 block from the beach. Quaint little beach town and super laid back this time of year. Being from California we know that the best time to come to the coast is in the winter. The temperature here stays around 65 degrees or higher. There are great places to explore just about an hour north or south. Solvang is a cute little Danish town which is fun. There is also a mission there. We love our California missions!! There is also San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay and Avila Beach. Santa Barbara is a 2 hour drive south. I would not try and get 4 people into this unit however. The murphy bed opens into the dining area which is really small and I can't figure out where you would put the table!! That all being said, a great California coast town experience. There are only 8 units I believe so book 13 months out and definitely the top floor. Rooms 210, 209 and 208 have partial views of the ocean and there is a deck outside to hang out......
Posted by: wunderlust

Re: Questions and Comment for Pismo Beach - 01/22/18 08:36 AM

Just an update on my Pismo Beach review. There are actually 20 units at the WM site not 8. There is also a small hot tub that is for WM owners only. Splash is a good place for chowder but I wouldn't get anything else there. Giovanni's in Morro Bay was my favorite for their grilled fresh halibut tostados. There is a great natural grocery store about 3 miles away.