Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#15556 - 04/27/05 09:57 PM RCI Trades
katiedoo Offline

Loc: Seattle Area
I wondered if anyone can give me some information on the
kind of luck I will have trying to trade 45 days or less
with RCI for either a location in Maui or Mexico?
Having never done that I would welcome others experience.
My daughter is graduating and it is a gift to her.
Thanks for any input.
Kathy

#55103 - 08/28/14 09:41 AM Re: RCI Trades [Re: kmsavaria]
swhite3501 Offline

I also had an unpleasant, first time, experience with my first time booking with RCI. I booked 3 units with RCI for a vacation with my family, dad, and friends. We are planning our trip for my dad's and my birthdays. We wanted to go to Las Vegas, but did not want to stay at the Worldmark resorts, so we decided to go through RCI. I knew about the exchange fee, and had no problem paying that. I also knew that I would have to pay a housekeeping fee for the resort as it said that before I booked. The housekeeping fee was $40, per unit. However, what I did not know was that not only do I have to pay the $40 resort fee, but I also have to use my Worldmark housekeeping credits per unit. Since I only had one credit available I have to pay $70 for one room and $80 for the other room. Why do I have to pay a housekeeping fee twice? I called and spent over an hour on the phone with Worldmark owner care, and the end resolve was that it was a learning experience for me, and that I will know for future reservations. What kind of crap is that?!?! So now I am stuck paying the $89 exchange fee, over $160 for Worldmark housekeeping fees (housekeeping token included), over 12,000 credits for the rooms, and $40 per unit housekeeping fee for RCI. By booking with RCI these rooms are costing me more rather than if I would have booked them on my own. The most upsetting part was the fact that Worldmark was not willing to make the situation 'right'. All they told me was that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do. Actually, there is. You can waive the housekeeping fee. Ever heard of trying to keep your owners happy? Taking a $160 loss would be less significant that me not wanting to refer anyone to Worldmark because they care about the bottom line and not the owners. This has made me so mad that I do not even want to be an owner anymore. I can't believe they would not offer anything to try and take care of me as an owner. All that was offered was an apology, and now you know.

#54575 - 04/30/14 04:09 PM Re: RE: Disney World [Re: mshatty]
Macutak Offline

I just got two different weeks at Disney World Resort (Sarasota Springs) by putting myself on the waitlist. It did not take long and the weeks are for the last 2 weeks of August.

Why doesn't everyone support Marci Tribe for Board and quit giving your proxies to the establishment?

#54574 - 04/30/14 04:07 PM Re: RCI Trades [Re: Butler05]
Macutak Offline

I just traded points for Disney World at Sarasota Springs Villas for a 2 bedroom for two different weeks at the end of August by putting myself on the wait list.

Why doesn't everyone support Marci Tribe for Board and quit giving your proxies to the establishment?

#50151 - 05/15/13 07:17 PM Re: RCI Trades [Re: katiedoo]
kherbold Offline

Hi
I have visited WM friends at Coral Baja in Cabo.. and would like to join them
this coming March. My timeshare is with RCI.. So if there is anywhere you would like
to go ... maybe elsewhere in Cabo or Mexico. Just pm me. I'm sure we could work
something out.

thanks

karl

#50043 - 04/21/13 12:57 PM Re: RCI Trades [Re: katiedoo]
Butler05 Offline

Loc: Utah
Has anyone been able to exchanger WM credits with RCI into a Disney World hotel? We love staying on property and was hoping to be able to use our WM credits to do it.

#48564 - 08/23/12 03:42 PM Re: vacation credit rentals? [Re: chuck wiser]
CarlAnderson Offline

This is my first time attempting to do this and I am not fully up to speed on how to do this. What were you hoping to get from this transaction?

Carl Anderson
Surrey,B.C.

#47488 - 03/27/12 02:12 PM Re: RCI Trades [Re: katiedoo]
kmsavaria Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Thought I'd share something I learned the hard way when it comes to exchanging your WM credits for an RCI exchange (weeks). Unlike World Mark, with RCI you must pay to have the ability to cancel or change your reservation - about $80 per reservation for the insurance. And it comes with a caveat: you get your credits back when you cancel but they are banked with RCI for just 12 months and you must book another reservation during that time period or you forfeit your right to get your credits back! This was not explained to me when I booked the reservation. I thought the insurance made sure I did not lose the exchange fee OR my credits. You do not lose your fee but your credits are given back to you with the above condition. I went ahead and cancelled anyway because I had already chosen to book a private vacation rental outside of RCI. Then I kept monitoring availability for the next destination I wanted to go to and, when it became available, I called RCI to change the reservation.

I didn’t realize how great our timeshare system is until I had to deal with RCI.

Edited by RondaOS (04/04/12 10:25 AM)

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.