Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3364 - 03/09/04 08:21 PM Discovery Bay Resort Review
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have you stayed at Discovery Bay? Heres' your chance to tell other owners what it's really like. How big is the pool? How hot is the hot tub? What do you wish you had known before you left home?

#57948 - 09/29/17 09:12 AM Re: Discovery Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
alexnkarla Offline

Loc: Kent, WA
We've been here for just about a week, 9/23-9/30/17, unit 38, 2BR Deluxe - queen on top floor, king in master. I believe all units have the jetted tub, and full bath on the level between the main floor and top floor.

Our unit has good bones and a couple of challenges. Kitchen faucet is sad and needs to be replaced. Master bath is interesting. We never used it for showers, but I imagine that it's helpful with more folks in the unit (it was just the 2 of us).

Climate control for us this week has been easy. We had several warm to hot days, and some chillier days. We found it easy to cool the unit down by opening the sliders, but understand that doesn't always work during the summer (per other reviews).

The biggest challenge: the wifi. OMG, every time we stay at WM, I expect it to have improved. It is 2017 after all. But silly me. Since I am an owner, I need to get more informed on this aspect, because it truly is a detriment. I actually have better connectivity with my cell phone and no wireless, but the tablet needs it. I am going to check out mobile WiFi (aka MiFi) for our next visit to any WM resort. Both DH and I work in IT and know there are easy and not horrendously expensive solutions. I guess it hasn't been a priority for Wyndham, the Board or enough other members to raise a ruckus, but this truly does need to be addressed if they want membership to grow. It's part of infrastructure, and the ability to communicate, especially in a disaster, is critical.

We like this property and most likely will return. I hope WiFi has improved, not just here but at all properties.

#56987 - 06/22/16 09:23 AM Re: Discovery Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
WMOwner2003 Offline

Discovery Bay Resort was a pleasant experience for me and my guy. I have been concerned because of the Wyndham influence on so many of the other resorts that sometimes you miss that personal experience that WorldMark owners became so used to in the past. I felt like I received it here and was pleasantly surprised! We were there 4/25-27/16.

We had a 2 bedroom the views are amazing. The units are very roomy with 2 twins on top floor and a sleeper sofa right outside that door. Drop down the stairs and you have the main bathroom. Drop down the next flight and you have the living area with another sleeper sofa, dining, kitchen, and main deck area. Drop down the next flight and you have the front door and the laundry room to the side. Drop down the final flight and you have the large master bedroom and bath with Jacuzzi tub and also a small deck.

My guy saw eagles in the morning while sitting on the deck with his coffee. Very relaxing...and we will definitely be returning here. There are special needs units and the restaurant is still vacant.

Edited by WMOwner2003 (06/22/16 09:29 AM)

#56354 - 10/14/15 08:53 PM Re: Discovery Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
sunluvr Offline

We stayed on 10.12.15 for 3 nights. Our unit, 2 BR Deluxe unit was outstanding other than 1) the 3 cargo containers on the beach 2) the dead 'Oyster House' restaurant that has been vacant for a decade 3) the screen door to the deck was extremely hard to open/shut.

We loved the location and view other than the distractions mentioned above. The eagles were flying and perching, the stars were bright at night and we loved being on the Olympia Peninsular close to lots of fun travel adventures. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our unit was clean and super comfortable.

#56112 - 07/07/15 08:31 PM Re: Discovery Bay Resort Review [Re: Forum Host]
thepru Offline

My fam and I stayed here on July 4th weekend. We have stayed here once before and I feel like it was not the same and not in a better way. I guess our biggest complaint was no AC in the units. It being so hot made the place hot all day and night. In the room windows upstairs they have locks on them so you can only open them for 3 inches. If you have kids they will not use the common allen wrenches to unlock them for safety reasons but will do it for you if you do not have kids. The pool and spa was indoors which I liked because you didn't have to worry about kids getting sun burnt. The floors looked old but clean yet when you walked on them in socks or bare feet they turned black quickly which was gross. Will I stay here again.. yes but only in fall or winter time where you do not need ac to stay cool, summer time... no thanks..until they get AC units.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.