Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3971 - 03/10/04 08:52 PM Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

What's there to do at Coral Baja and in the Los Cabos area? We want to hear what you did and saw while staying at this resort.

#58454 - 08/02/18 09:00 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
cliffh Offline

Loc: OREGON
Fishing in Cabo? This company will pick you and the family up from the airport, cold drinks included. Fishing was great, clean and safe. I have already booked another trip in October 2018. 52 624 217 3230 their number, Titos Sportfishing Zepeda. I am a platinum owner and don't work for this guy, just sharing. Also, they will clean your fish and give you options where to get it cooked to take it back to the condo. Any questions email me at cliffy94@yahoo.com. I don't check this forum often. Titos is also on Facebook.

#58183 - 03/03/18 09:20 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Loc: Suburb of Denver
I'm thinking of driving up to Cabo Pulmo for a day or two of diving returning each night to CB. staying 3-20 through 3-27. I am wondering if anyone is there over that week that may want to SCUBA a day or two up the cape. I have before and it is not bad.

#57942 - 09/21/17 12:56 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Mocabo]
gmac Offline

How did the boat sharing work? I am going to be in Cabo 10/14 through 10/23. Anyone interested in sharing a boat? 2 of us wanting to fish.

Surfing any info on this?

#57685 - 05/04/17 08:03 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
1426pooka Offline

We will be traveling here for a wedding in June and are considering renting a car based in the information received from the other forum. What are some activities to do for the age group of 25-35 year old men and women? We will be there for 3 full days and have a wedding to attend on one of those days. We also want to know about food resources that aren't expensive but tasty. We appreciate all insight. cool

#57499 - 02/13/17 03:42 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja. Wheelchair accessibility [Re: Heidibb]
Marmon Offline

The buses are not wheelchair accessible. I would recommend taking a taxi if your companion is able to get in and out of one okay. Most are vans or SUV's so there would be storage for a wheelchair.

#57421 - 01/11/17 07:06 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja. Wheelchair accessibility [Re: Forum Host]
Heidibb Offline

Are the buses to the beach wheelchair accessible ? And are there paved sidewalks or just bumpy roads that are hard on folks in wheelchair? Would like some insights for traveling with a disabled companion. Thanks

#57236 - 10/02/16 08:33 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Forum Host]
Mocabo Offline

Deep Sea Fishing
Looking to help fellow World mark members interested in fishing out of Cabo San Lucas. Quality fishing charters starting at $375.
We also accommodate those interested in boat sharing or splitting the charter.
Baja-mocabo.com
Happy to help!
Keith

#54789 - 06/15/14 11:06 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: The Brooks]
waltc Offline

Loc: Santa Clara
I 2nd that, Stephano is great! He's funny and really gets the people moving. Our last night was karaoke night which was really fun. My 8yo son and I played a game of popping balloons against 2 other couples. Stephano was nice enough to give my son a prize even though we came in 2nd place. The DJ also played music appropriate to the customers at Mama Mias that night. My wife and 2 boys danced for a while until we were all ready for bed.

#54776 - 06/12/14 10:17 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
cntrykol Offline

Hi, my girlfriend and I will be heading to Coral Baja Oct 21 thru 28th. We would like to go fishing sometime during that week. If there is anyone that would care to share a boat charter please let me know. This will be our first time there so I have been looking online at some of the charter boats but haven't made any firm decision on which one to use. thanks for the consideration.

#54626 - 05/12/14 06:07 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
The Brooks Offline

Loc: Cloverdale, BC Canada
Stephano who entertains us almost nightly in the sports bar or at Mama Mia's is an amazing entertainer. He is an asset to this resort...love him!!!!

#54506 - 04/15/14 05:58 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

We are heading to CB again for the 4th time in 14 months. May 15-22 2014. I SCUBA and I am looking for a dive buddy since my wife doesn't dive. Are there any other divers there this time frame? There is a new dive shop in the San Jose marina (East cape Explorers) that I want to try. I would think they might negotiate some if we were to pre-book. Has anyone used them before?

#54394 - 03/27/14 02:47 PM Fishing and/or Golf 4/6/14 to 4/11/14 - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mike C Offline

Hello All,

My wife and I will be in Coral Baja between April 5 and April 12, 2014. I want to go fishing, but since my wife is just not into this sort of thing, I was wondering if anyone else staying at CB during this time would want to share a boat to reduce the costs? I'm not real particular as to whether I'm on a big or small boat, just want to keep my cost around $100 to $125. Also, if anyone wants to join me for a round of golf sometime during the week, let me know. Thx, Mike

#54109 - 01/14/14 03:19 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
tjgurl13 Offline

Hi there!

I will be visiting Coral Baja in Feb. 2014 and would like to know if anyone has been to a great spa either in small town SJC or fairly near the resort or at one of the 'posh' hotels near-by? If so, was the cost reasonable, how was the ambience and any other relevant information will be greatly appreciated!! Going back for the 3rd time and absolutely LOVE Cabo and Coral Baja!!
Thanks so much for your help!
TJ

#54005 - 12/23/13 01:19 PM Share fishing boat Dec 27 or 28? [Re: ]
nutmeg2000 Offline

Anyone interested in sharing a fishing boat (panga) rental on Dec 27 or 28? My uncle wants to fish (Dorado or maybe tuna) in the smaller panga boats. We are considering Gordo Banks or these guys: http://www.caboadventuresportfishing.com/ but are open to suggestions. They both seem to go out of the Marina near San Jose...I'm guessing a $15 taxi ride since it's about half the distance to the airport.

Cost should run around $300 plus tip, split in half, possibly 3 way with a larger boat if 2 others are interested. Best option is probably to split the costs and the "take" in case one person is very lucky and another not so much.

#51050 - 11/19/13 10:54 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Ronbos1 Offline

I am with a group headed to CB for a week in mid-December. I may or may not have a car - still undecided. I have been looking at snorkeling with whale sharks, but it looks like that only happens out of La Paz. If I book online here they will pick me up, drive me there, give me lunch, and drive me back for between $140 and $175 USD. If I get myself there and back and pay for my own lunch, its $65USD. ALSO, I saw a recommendation that if you hire a local diver, they will take you out for around $40. So... my questions are:
in general, is it cheaper or more expensive to book tours there, or book them in advance online?
If I decide to find a private boat/diver to take us out, does anyone have a a recommendation?
Does anyone have a recommendation for transportation to and from airport?
Has anyone done Sky Tours powered hang glider tour and if so, was it worth it?
Does anyone have any info on the turtle release?
Other than restaurants/bars, are there any other good cultural events that might be interesting this time of year?
Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

#50586 - 08/08/13 09:21 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Hey all we are heading down mid Sept 21st-28th. I want to book some dives in CSL (solo) and i will have a car. Is anyone coming down that will be diving? Have you booked them yet? I was thinking the sand falls but i am looking for suggestions.

#50514 - 07/23/13 01:57 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area [Re: Chris]
Pstreet1 Offline

I recommend renting a car. It's nice to be in control of where you go and when you go. Driving is not a problem: 4 lane/divided highway until you are in town. We've always been able to rent a small car for $150.00 or so for the whole week (manual transmission).

However, rent from the U.S. before you go. You'll get better rates, and you'll be certain to have a car when you get there. If you read the posts on Tripadvisor.com about renting, you'll find they recommend Cactus rental (and ask for the Trip Advisor discount) and Dominic (considerably more expensive). This link has the links for both companies: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150773-i83-k4800538-Car_rental-Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html We've rented from Avis and were pleased, but they don't get the rave reviews from Trip Advisor that Cactus and Dominic do.

Things you need to know about the rental experience:
1. Mexico requires MEXICAN 3rd party liability insurance on any vehicle that is on the road. That doesn't cover the vehicle itself; it covers damage you do to others or their property. You can't drive off the lot without having it. It costs about $10.00 a day (maybe a little more, maybe a little less depending on the rental car company).
2. You will need to insure the vehicle itself.
a. you can, of course, buy insurance from the rental car company.
b. you can let the insurance that comes with your credit card cover the vehicle insurance- no additional cost to you if you do this.
c. you can purchase American Express premium coverage if you have an American Express
card (their regular insurance covers the car, too--just like Visa and Mastercard and
doesn't cost any extra). The advantage to the premium insurance is that it is about
$25.00 (exact amount depends on the state in which you live) and it covers the entire
rental period up to 75 days or 90 days....I can't remember which.
d. No matter whether it is Visa/Mastercard/American Express, their insurance is primary
in Mexico, so your own insurance is not involved.
3. Advantages/Disadvantages of using rental car company insurance/credit card insurance
The rental car company insurance will, of course, cost more--but it is local and they deal
with any problems.
The credit card insurance is free and they will deal with the company--but there will be
paper work for you to have to be a part of.

Driving in Mexico:
1. The number one thing to know is that left turns (even if there appears to be a left turn
lane) are not the norm in Mexico. Mexican drivers are really not expecting a car to be
turning left. If there is a "feeder" road beside the highway, you are expected to get on
it before your intersection comes up and then actually drive across the highway from that
position. Even if there is a left turn lane, be really, really cautious--check the rear
view mirror, and if it appears the car bearing down on you from the rear isn't going to
slow down or change lanes, drive on and come back. Our friends who live full time in
Cabo tell us that's the number one cause of accidents/injuries in Cabo to tourists.
2. Stop signs are not always located at the same height as they are in the U.S., so scan more
widely (vertically) than usual.
3. Speed limit is in kilometers. Locals will speed past you, apparently paying no attention
to the speed limit. If you want to avoid all attention from the police, actually abide by
the speed limit; let them pick up someone who is actually speeding--there are plenty to
choose from.

(ADDITIONAL NOTE: Tripadvisor.com has lots of people who live there or who go 3 or 4 times a year answering questions; it's an excellent way to find out local information/restaurant suggestions/fishing charters/etc.
General restaurant reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g150769-Baja_California.html

Trapper John's List of Restaurants is considered one of the best: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-s5/Cabo-San-Lucas:Mexico:Dining.Scene.html

#50482 - 07/19/13 04:27 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Mexicodiver27 Offline

Has anyone dived in Cabo? I have traveled to Cabo Pulmo a few times but i thought i would try Cabo San Lucas. Any recommendations for shops and dive sites?

#50037 - 04/19/13 06:11 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
LuvnTheSun Offline

Loc: Idaho
Hi
We are currently staying at Coral Baja. Resort is clean, comfortable, and many renovations since our last trip to CB several years ago. Weather is cooler than expected but still very confortable. Sunny every day with some light winds.

I have a fishing trip reserved leaving from San Jose on morning of Wed, 4/24. There are 2 spots available on the boat. If anyone is interested in joining for a day of fantastic fishing, please reply to this post so we can meet at CB.

Take care
J&M

#49133 - 11/28/12 12:55 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area [Re: cabobill]
LuvnTheSun Offline

Loc: Idaho
Hello cabobill, looks like your forum activity has declined from what it has been. your posts had so much information in them about a variety of topics in and around Coral Baja. we are looking for information about fishing charters out of San Jose marina. I was able to find one, pfishmexic.com. wondering if you have knowledge of any other charters sailing out of San Jose. thanks

#49043 - 11/10/12 03:15 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
laurenk Offline

Loc: Northern Ca
I will be at Coral Baja with family and friends January 6-12, 2013. Just wondering about a few things.
What time on Tuesday the Fiesta starts at Mama Mia's?
Has anyone taken the Caborey whale watching tour or can anyone recommend a good one with an open bar and food?
And finally is it hot enough at that time of year to get a good tan?

Thanks, Lauren

#47780 - 05/14/12 09:42 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
bass2 Offline

Any info on the marina area, Pavillion? We are interested in swimmable beaches near CB...and also fishing options (surf or panga)

#47519 - 03/31/12 12:16 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
bobandkerry Offline

Loc: Rain World
We're headed for CB this month and while we're there, we want to go back to Chileno. Last time we were there in 2011, the bus we'd taken on the previous trip no longer stopped at Chileno, and the front desk was no help at all. Does anyone know if there's a way to take a bus from CB to Chileno? Thanks in advance!

#47393 - 03/14/12 01:41 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: fudjack]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We're going to be going down there next March and will be there for the beginning of the festival. I was wondering if anyone else has been there for it? From what I've read online, it looks like a lot of fun.

#45933 - 08/02/11 05:57 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area [Re: alison1jane]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
We have done the zipline tour and the ATV at the Wild Canyon Ekopark....they were lots of fun, very professional, picked us up at the resort - only problem with the zip line tour was that my dad came with us and has some hip problems and there is A LOT of fairly difficult walking involved.

The tour we had the most fun on over the past few years was the Adventure Tour through Cabo Adventures. They also picked us up and were very professional, it is a fair bit further away (the Ekopark is quite close) but we did some rock climbing, walking on a wire over the water, zipping (one very long!), rapelling, etc....lots and lots of fun! You can look both up on google. Our 20 year old and her friend loved the Adventure Tour.

We have also had good luck on Cabosanlucastours.net finding activities.

#45929 - 08/02/11 12:54 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do in the Area [Re: cabobill]
alison1jane Offline

Hi Bill,

Do you need to hear the presentation prior to arrival and booking the rental car? I wanted to pick up the car at the airport, if possible and wondered how to get the best rates.

Also, I am traveling with two teens and hope to take them on a fun zip line or some other adventure. Is there a web site with listings of fun excursions to do in Cabo?

#44528 - 02/28/11 09:31 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: Serenitypeace]
No2zorro Offline

Loc: Cerritos, Ca
Ref. SerenityPeace
Looking at the map, the marina where the boats launched from is off Hwy 1 (distance unknown to me at this time) past the San Jose Hotel zone. Never been in that part of San Jose and though you say that a bus runs there, I doubt that the bus will run through the marina and with us carrying our fishing gear and stuff taking the public bus would not be a good option. Seems like taking a taxi in the early morning from the resort would be a better option and then catching the taxi on the return in the afternoon. Much as I've done map quests to determine the distance between the resort and the marina, I can't seem to find a good ending location that is recognizable by the quest. You're right, though, the best option probabably would be to rent a car for the fishing days. We've been to Cabo and the East Cape so sightseeing is not really a must do. For the days we're not fishing we could always take the public transportation. As far as airport transportation, we plan on taking the shuttle R/T.

#44525 - 02/28/11 08:24 AM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: No2zorro]
Serenitypeace Offline

Loc: WA - Washington
Use online maps to calculate the distance. There is a bus system, and many people speak English, so there should be no problem if it is on the main route. On the other hand, we had a car which was nice, and reasonably priced, but watch that insurance issue, as we had to buy insurance, as Expedia did not cover even the liability that otherwise is a part of any rental.
How will you get from the airport, though? Shuttle or car?

#44520 - 02/27/11 02:04 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: ]
No2zorro Offline

Loc: Cerritos, Ca
A friend and I will be at Coral Baja for a week in October fishing the Gordo Banks for several days with Eric Brictson. Approximately, how far is Puerto Los Cabos Marina in La Playita from the resort? Not decided yet whether to rent a car while there, so for now what is the best option on R/T transportation from the resort to the marina?

#44407 - 02/14/11 11:05 PM Re: Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja [Re: fudjack]
SeaSchell Offline

Loc: Oregon
We did the trip to Espiritu Santo in December from Coral Baja. We could not find a tour at that time of the year so we rented a car. We booked a night in a bed & breakfast in La Paz and they made the arrangements for the boat trip to the very small island. It was an all day trip so we chose to leave very early in the morning from Coral Baja and then spend the night after the tour. One thing you want to avoid is driving at night, due to livestock on the highway.

We really enjoyed the trip and had a great time swimming with the sea lions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.