Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#3891 - 03/10/04 08:50 PM Area Restaurants - Coral Baja
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Share those hidden gems you stumbled upon or report on the celebrated favorite that everyone must visit. This is the place to share your reviews and suggestions.

#54873 - 06/30/14 06:03 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
winnieboyle Offline

Did you ever drive from San Diego, California to Coral Baja? It is about 1000 miles. Any driving tips and which city should we stop for a night?

Or did you ever drive through the whole trip without stop over-night? We will travel with four teenagers and it will cost too much for us to fly there. Thank you very much.

#54847 - 06/25/14 01:47 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
ffmedic Offline

Just got home from WM Coral Baja and had a great time!. If you get a chance try eating at Sardina Cantina. Its literally in front of the resort next to Trader Dicks. I had the best Italian dishes I have ever had in Mexico..lol..Chicken Marsala and Chicken Parmesan. Price is fair and service was great. This is our go to spot for eating out every time we visit.

#54832 - 06/23/14 11:56 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: waltc]
The Brooks Offline

Loc: Cloverdale, BC Canada
Great suggestions! We also liked Zippers down the beach. Good food and the view is to die for!!!!

#54830 - 06/23/14 09:52 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
waltc Offline

Loc: Santa Clara
On the property is Mama Mia's which served Italian and Mexican dishes. We ate there our last night so we could enjoy the Karoake/Dance/Games night with Stephano the entertainer. The food is good, we only ordered chicken strips/fries for the kids and my wife and I shared some fajitas. I liked that they made fresh salsa in front of you and asked exactly how spicy you want it.

Sardina Cantina: up from on the main road next to Trader Dick's store.
We ordered lunch there twice. Our order was all seafood. Crab cakes were VERY good. My family really loved the chipotle/mayo sauce that comes with. Shrimp and fish tacos are very fresh along with the blue and yellow tortilla chips. The fried calamari was very fresh also, but some folks may not like that mix of body and tentacles, we sure did.

Emerald City Smoothies: up on the main road next to Domino's
Excellent smoothies. I like all the options, energy, health, immune boosts. Very clean inside and very refreshing. We were very lucky to meet some vacationers at Coral Baja that didn't want to use their Smoothie coupons so my 2 boys had 3 smoothies each for free.

Domino's: up on the main road
We ordered a super thin crust with my choice of meats and mushrooms. The crust was so thin that it burned. I think the regular crust would have been a better choice. They are running a buy a large, get a medium free deal on Tuesdays.

Burritos Chostomo: in the Mega store strip mall
Local fast food Mexican. We ordered the quesadilla, carnitas torte and beef stew burrito. I really enjoyed a bite of all of them and the price was crazy cheap. I liked this place since we ate there before we shopped for the week in Mega. Always eat before you grocery shop so you don't over buy.

Los Claros: in town closer to the main downtown
THE place to go for seafood. Covered outdoor style seating so go when it's cooler. We had an 11:30 am lunch after swimming with the dolphins and this place hit the spot! Scallops, fish and shrimp tacos were excellent. I like the free fixings bar. I like to try new sauces, condiments and enjoyed all of them there. There were some fried onion rings and jalapenos on the top of the fixings bar. I asked if they were to eat or just decoration. Don't miss out on the free food.

I recommend asking Amanda for dining tips and take the morning presentation of what to do/eat by the poolside bar. It was VERY informative and they had light breakfast food while listening to the presentation.

#49494 - 01/23/13 11:15 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Aarbee Offline

Loc: Washington
We recently ate at Pier 19 in Cabo. On a side street off of the marina behind Senor Frogs. It was a nice clean updated place with great food and prices. The steak tacos and shrimp quesidillas are to the best I've eaten. Drinks very reasonable also. Friendly fun service. Two young cousins named Matt & Mike originally from Toronto are servers and the owner is a lot of fun also.

#47880 - 05/25/12 10:02 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
oldcoach Offline

Just got back and have a couple of quick possibilities to offer. At Sardina Cantina, we ate one dinner and one breakfast there during our stay. Both were delicious! It's not a "hoity-toity", beautiful/romantic/panoramic-view kind of place, (and that's fine with me!), but the service and of course, the FOOD, (we had Filet Mignon an also Shrimp Scampi), were both excellent. Period. Excellent. Tried Guacamaya's in San Jose. We all had "stone bowl" dinners (around $14PP). Interesting and really good. Get ONE for two people, split it, and also DEFINITELY have a couple of the BBQ pork (hand-carved off a rotating spit while you watch) tacos (about $1 each) as an appetizer. YUMMMMMMM. Service here also excellent. Also had really good tacos (also about $1 each) up on the rooftop at Shooter's, along with good, cheap, COLD beers. Great place. We also ate a breakfast, and also a dinner, at Mamma Mia's. I thought both were really good, but not "great". We had 2 brick-oven pizzas that approached "great"-- really, really good!! The "around-the-pool" food choices (nachos, wings, etc) that we had were ALL really, really good (if you like chicken wings, try THESE). Generally, we prepare & eat most of our meals in our unit, and this trip was that way also. We did get some really good steaks at the Mega store, and got a nice bag of FRESH-caught Red Snapper from a great guy named "Ryan" and his family (from WA state) that we met during our stay. It was deliciuos! Almost forgot!!---- for a really cool place to sit & have a cold beer and look out over the Marina in San Jose-- go check out "the Container Bar" there. It's near the "Swimming with Dolphins" at the SAN JOSE marina. Didn't eat there-- too full (from Shooters!), but the food looked and smelled great. Small, cozy, new-and-cool place, right on/ overlooking the marina. Check it out. Anyway- that's all I got. Can't wait to go back. The Ol' Coach.

Edited by oldcoach (05/25/12 10:17 AM)

#47328 - 03/05/12 07:24 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
OregonJohn Offline

Loc: Dallas, Oregon
We've spent 3 weeks in Los Cabos over the past 6 months and enjoyed a number of excellents meals at several restaurants. Our favorites in various categories: Fine dining -- Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the Shoppes at Palmilla is world-class (9-course meal, including the "freebies" in the 7-course tasting menus is a bargain 675 pesos - $50 US); Meson Del Angel, downtown San Jose; DeCortez steakhouse at Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar; Sunset da Mona Lisa and sunset Point lounge, just outside Cabo San Lucas; Galeon, by the marina in CSL.
More casual, Mexican specialties: Habanero's, just south of downtown San Jose; Don Sanchez Cantina downtwon San Jose; Girasoles (esp. breakfast) at Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar.
Others: French Riviera Cafe and Bakery, downtown SJ (great pastries and breads, gelato, breakfast); Shooter's, just off the plaza in SJ (sports bar, cheap good tacos and $1 Pacifico); Tropicat Sunset Jazz Cruise out of CSL marina (great buffet that's filling enough for dinner and unlimited wine, beer, mixed drinks -- Tanqueray, Johhnie Walker, etc.)

#46617 - 10/22/11 08:43 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
lvndr12 Offline

Sardina Cantina is one nice restaurant just outside the resort. They have excellent seafood. I have never been disappointed yet with any of our orders so far. Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas has very good tortilla soup. A restaurant right in front of Dock 4 by the Marina has good food too(sorry I forgot the name). It is just right beside Senor frogs, you can't miss it. Another one is Tommy's in La Playita. One thing though is that there is restaurant inside the resort called Mama Mia, they have a Mexican night fiesta every Tuesdays. The dancers and show is excellent; unfortunately, the food is not.

#46148 - 08/20/11 10:36 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: basl]
ZeusNike Offline

Loc: British Columbia
After reading a few recommendations for Morgan's Encore we decided we would definitely have dinner there on our next trip to the Coral Baja (have to wait until March, unfortunately!). In a very odd coincidence, we spent a few days last week at a small lake town in Britsh Columbia, about an hour and a half from Vancouver, called Harrison Hot Springs. Some family was coming to meet us for dinner so we looked around and decided that the most appealing restaurant on the waterfront was one called Morgan's Bistro. As we studied the menu we noticed that it mentioned a sister restaurant in San Jose del Cabo so I wondered out loud if it might be Morgan's Encore. Our waitress heard me and came by and brought us a card from Morgan's Encore. Turns out she was Morgan and she will be in Cabo in March so we definitely plan to go now! If the food in Cabo is as good as the food in Harrison Hot Springs, it will be a treat!

#45710 - 07/15/11 01:56 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
Beach Girl Offline

I just got back from 13 days in CB - my first time and want to give a HUGE shout out for Sardina Cantina on the street by the entrance to Worldmark. Roberto is absolutely our favorite waiter in the world - we LOVE him and his suggestions. We had fresh caught fish, sashimi, tacos their. The owner is from the US who moved there about 20 yrs ago.
Also a shout out for Zippers - great sitting on the beach watching surfers in your casual wear off the beach or freshly showered works and enjoyed the lobster 1 night and excellent coconut shrimp another night.
Enjoy!

#45250 - 05/24/11 04:50 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
basl Offline

For a special night go to Morgan's encore. Expensive but great
Barry and Lucie Lycka

#44236 - 01/29/11 08:56 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: Papa]
mbailey Offline

Loc: oregon
Its beautiful here and 1 week is not nearly enough!! Has anyone ate at the BBQ night or the breakfast buffet at Mama Mia's? We wanted to do 1 of them but havent decided which one. Thanks

#44212 - 01/26/11 03:19 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: Papa]
Papa Offline

Went to Cinthia's last night, about 2/3 the way to the mega store. The food was wonderful. We had a garlic fry appetizer with fresh herbs. Great. My wife had the Cobb salad, fresh, lots of protein and green goddess dressing. I had the My salad, chicken, pine nuts and cranberries with a raspberry vinegarette... very nice. Healthy great food and the total bill was 310 pesos with a couple of bottles of water (about 25 bucks.)

Also found the bakery again up by the plaza in San Jose del Cabo. It's called the French Riviera Bakery and is at the corner of Manual Doblado street and Hildago St. One block away from the enterance to the Catholic Church. The crossiants are crispy and nice, unlike the Mexican Croissants. I saw why, they were making them with layers of dough and butter, repeat, repeat, and keeping the dough cold. They were great. Tomorrow is our last day and we're heading there for breakfast, they open at 7 AM and have a full menu including crepes. Enjoy!

#44211 - 01/26/11 03:12 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: Papa]
Papa Offline

Several people here have been looking for the sanitizer for fruits and vegetables. It's in the aisle for bleach and toilet cleaners. My spanish is bad enough that they showed me two other places. It's called Microbicida and it's hanging on the front of the shelves, on a tall clip thing. The chemical is an a bottle about the size of a large bottle of eye drops, on a cardboard backing about 4x6 inches. It says in spanish to use 10 dropps per liter of water and soak the fruit or vegies for 10 mintues. We had to ask for a plug for the garbage disposal, but 20 drops later and we waited 20 minutes, we've eaten fruit and veggies all week and no intestinal distress. It actually looks like it might be what we would call Iodine?

#44197 - 01/25/11 04:20 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: Marcelino]
Papa Offline

Guacamayas is easy to find off of Pescador Street to the left. They have a sign on the fence now where to turn. We went in a cab and they knew it well. I had two rib eye vulcanos (hard corn tortillas with rib eye and melted mexican cheese. Even gave me the rib eye bone to gnaw on. Woww, nice taste. My wife had the pumpkin flower/seed taco/tostado. Excellent flavor. No rotisserie or anything fancy. 20 peso tacos which means about a buck and a half each. We tried catching a cab back by walking across the main drag to the taxi station, but not many cabs come out of the old downtown residential area headed that way. Local bus would have worked. We hiked to the Mega and got groceries then took the cab home. If you cab there, have them call you a cab to get home. Headed to Cynthia's tonight, will report on that when we get home. The jazz nights have been great, entertainment here is awesome (not a usual worldmark event.) We got to meet a magician from Washington state named Stirling who has a weekly magic show here in town. His family are old time WM folks for 18 years or so and he and his dad have moved here to further his professional career. He's got a real passion for magic and making people's eye pop, so check at the main desk or the activity desk. They know where his shows are and when he's here for happy hour so you can try him out. A couple of buildings out of the wm to the left is Mi Pan, a nice little organic bakery with some nice baked goods. Remember, in Mexico, sweet is not as sweet as in the states. I found a great french bakery about a block off the fountains, a block or two from the Catholic church. I'll get the name tomorrow, can't wait for another real croissant (buttery, flakey, like up at WM in Victoria.

#44171 - 01/23/11 02:01 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: Tamara]
Marcelino Offline

"Sardina Cantina" is the name of the restaurant next to Trader Dicks, it's very good- awesome breakfast/lunch/dinners (fresh fish specials).

Edited by Marcelino (01/23/11 02:03 PM)

#44154 - 01/21/11 08:41 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mbailey]
Tamara Offline

Lots of places to eat right in front of Coral Baja: La Salsa's, Apple Bees. Mama Mia is down across from the swimming area, Zippers up the beach line.. walking distance and a restaurant by Trader Dicks.. can't remember their name.

#44153 - 01/21/11 08:35 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mukanddave]
Tamara Offline

Havanas is under a new name now.

#44127 - 01/17/11 03:43 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mbailey]
mukanddave Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, Wa
Havana's is within walking distance. It is on the opposite side of the Hwy, but we have done it with caution, of course, many times. Zippers is withing walking distance during the day, but after dark, we choose to take a 5.00 dollar taxi ride. Maybe we will be visiting around the pool! See you on the 25th!

#44088 - 01/14/11 08:05 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mbailey]
Camano Offline

Loc: NW WA State
The carrot is at Cynthias Fresh located about mid way between CB and the Mega store. Great fresh food, closed Sundays.

#44070 - 01/12/11 08:00 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mbailey]
oldcoach Offline

Look for the carrot..... the Coach

#44058 - 01/12/11 09:21 AM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: mukanddave]
mbailey Offline

Loc: oregon
We are headed there on the 25th also. First time ever and cant hardly wait. I am wondering if there are many places to eat that are walking distance?

#44038 - 01/10/11 01:13 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
mukanddave Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, Wa
We are headed to Coral Baja, Jan. 25th. One of our favorite restaurants is Havanas, just south of CB on the Hwy. Has anyone noticed if it is still open?

#44009 - 01/06/11 10:47 PM Re: Area Restaurants - Coral Baja [Re: ]
TeenTchr Offline

Loc: California
A must try is the tortilla soup at Dona Mecha in the food court outside the Mega. They advertise it as the best, and I can't imagine anything being better. We went back the day before returning home.

For tacos I recommend Tacos May in Cabo San Lucas. When you get off the bus at the Paraiso Mall you need to walk down one of the side streets (I think it is Molina). Most people know where it is so just ask. This is another place we returned to a second time.

Guacamayas was definitely good, but I would recommend it for the specials rather than the tacos (tacos at Tacos May were better). My son insisted on a repeat performance at this restaurant as well.

Dantes was very good. The ribs were about the best I have ever eaten. The prices were reasonable and the quantity of food gave us enough for a second meal.

I was not impressed with Mama Mia, but mostly it was because of the staff. Still if you are playing games or just need a snack, the nachos are enough to share and they are very good.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.