Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8782 - 04/13/04 07:11 PM Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have questions regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - Depoe Bay, "Kudos; Journal - Depoe Bay", or "Kudos; Photos - Depoe Bay". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give us the username for your thank you.

#58706 - 02/22/19 11:09 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: curcy]
dclements321 Offline

There is no beach access. However just a small drive north 101 or south 101 and there is plenty of access points of interest!
On another note, I just returned from a 6 day get away from there and it was the best stay Ive had in several years. Clean and just a nice place! My brother from Wisconsin was out to see me and at check in, they hassled me about going to a owners meeting... I stated then my family was there and insisted that I still attend one.... I had to be rude! Then they called again after 2 days and wanted me to attend again... I just tried to keep my cool but they again were very pushy and I had to be rude, I don't like being that way but sometimes you just have to!

#58273 - 04/13/18 02:22 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: Forum Host]
curcy Offline

Is there access to the ocean at Depoe Bay? There seems to be quite a steep cliff at the resort so perhaps there is no way to get down to the water?

#58053 - 12/23/17 02:48 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: Forum Host]
oregonlamb Offline

Loc: Oregon
Here’s my question: what does the housekeeping inspector do? I’ve been at Seaside on a busy week, and waited outside my room when an accommodating clerk gave me a key and begged me to not go in for 10 min. I’ve seen 2 people, one with a clipboard, talking, opening cupboards, counting dishes.

Today, my first night in Depoe Bay,, I get up at 3 am searching for a wash cloth and realize I have no bath towels. Well, in a two bedroom unit, I have one. I have 4 pool towels, 3 sets of hand and wash towels for the master bath and none in the second bath. I do have one bath towel in the second bath. We checked in at 3, told to come back at 4, and that none of the rooms would be ready til then. Naturally there was a pile up in that tiny lobby at 4. I overheard them checking for my room number. At 4:10 I was told to come back in 10 min. I parked near my room. Housekeeping was in there. Outside were two bags of towels, clearly folded. Maybe they were the last guest’s and they didn’t shower ?! I waited. Nothing for 10 min, someone came by and took the bags on a trolley. At 4:20 a car drives up with a WorldMark logo. A guy gets out and proceeds to talk for at least five min outside with another employee. Eventually he disappears into my room for 15 min. He leaves and shuts the door. I go back to the lobby, still crowded, wait my turn and get my keys. As I enter my room, so does the guy who was there earlier. He has a stack of hand towels. These are the ones for the master bedroom. Also, the dishwasher is running with an hour to go. He assured me that it’s empty, they just run it to remove soap?!

Clearly, my room did not get checked too well in the 15 min he was inside. I called the lobby about towels and was told to call back at 7 or 7:30.

#57791 - 07/02/17 09:37 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: adajet]
jcharles Offline

For amazing views Phase 1 is the very best. I swear I can get seasick in some of those rooms. Phase 2 are still pretty views, but you aren't oceanfront - you're looking over some lawn - and you have more a view of the bay instead of straight out on the ocean. Hope this helps!

#57736 - 06/05/17 01:41 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: knitfan2]
adajet Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: knitfan2
I'm thinking of booking at Depoe Bay but unsure about which type of room. What is the difference between phase 1 and phase 2? What I'm interested in is a grand view of the ocean from an upper floor balcony. Would either phase provide that?

I hope someone answers your question because I'd like to know the answer as well.

#57711 - 05/20/17 09:43 AM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: Forum Host]
knitfan2 Offline

Loc: California
I'm thinking of booking at Depoe Bay but unsure about which type of room. What is the difference between phase 1 and phase 2? What I'm interested in is a grand view of the ocean from an upper floor balcony. Would either phase provide that?

#57231 - 09/27/16 09:29 PM Re: Questions and Comments for Depoe Bay [Re: Forum Host]
Papa Offline

Wow, the remodel of the rooms looks really good. Nice new bedding too. We lucked out and got a corner unit two bedroom in the first phase and it had wall to wall windows. Whales within fifty feet of the rocks at their closest. They apparently feed on the little organisms in the kelp beds and when it gets really high tide they come into the shallows and turn on their sides to feed. That puts their tail pointing sideways out of the water and looks like a shark fin. The regular whales even have names you can find on some of the whale watch boat sites. Tip: BBQ's don't always light with the electrical lighter, so there's a lighter that's in the cupboard over the microwave. Free eggs at the thriftway about two miles north, coupon in your welcome packet. Local bakery just this side of the market has quite an assortment including some nice artisan breads and a few gluten free choices. You may not see it listed, but there's a basketball court down below building B and C, check at the main desk for basketball. The pool in the south end of the complex is an indoor and outdoor pool especially cool during the winter to start swimming inside and swim under the garage door and you're outside by the hot tub. Kids love it and there's a people door for those olders who don't want to get wet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.