Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#8664 - 04/13/04 06:55 PM Questions and Comments for South Shore
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Have a question regarding this resort? Want to give someone kudos for the great story they shared in their Vacation Journal or for their awesome photo album? Do it here. Title your reply "Questions - South Shore", "Kudos; Journal - South Shore", or "Kudos; Photos - South Shore". This will make it easy to search this thread to find the questions and answers or the respective kudos. Be sure to give the username for your thank you.

#58281 - 04/17/18 06:43 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: bthorman]
travelerjim Offline

Loc: WA, USA
Thanks. This helps a lot.

#58279 - 04/17/18 12:21 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: travelerjim]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
We've stayed at both and I'll tell you our thoughts.

Since this is a summer trip, if you like being near the water, having a pool and going into town then you'll like South Shore. It's off the main highway down on the lake side. There are trails all around the lake and places to bike ride too. We were in unit 11204 (building 11, second floor).

If you like the mountains and want to do more mountain hiking or biking, then Lake Tahoe would be better. There are 3 different groupings and not all have their own pool/hot tubs. The units are older and the layout of some are not traditional. Also, being around 8000 ft elevation, some people have trouble with altitude sickness the first day or so. There's a longer drive to groceries and town, but you can also go over the hill toward Carson City if you want. We were in Tahoe 1, unit 608 (actually on the 3rd floor).

None of the buildings we were in had elevators, so if you're up on the 3rd floor, it can be quite a hike with children, but nice views.

#58278 - 04/17/18 07:15 AM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
travelerjim Offline

Loc: WA, USA
Has anyone stayed at both Tahoe WM's and can offer a comparison? We are planning on going to Tahoe in the summer of 2019....2 very mobile grandparents, 2 parents in their 30's, and 2 grandkids ages 3 & 5. We are interested in doing ANY & ALL activities.

#58246 - 04/04/18 06:28 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: mtcyenom]
bthorman Offline

Loc: San Francisco Area
Ours didn't.

#58245 - 04/04/18 10:30 AM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
mtcyenom Offline

Do the 1 bedroom units have a whirlpool spa tub?

Thanks!

#57955 - 10/04/17 01:45 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
Donovan Offline

Just cancelled my South Shore Lake Tahoe week: 07-13 Oct, special needs so some days are available @ WM

#57581 - 03/22/17 07:16 AM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
toddscruggs Offline

Loc: California

Staying at WM South Lake Tahoe.
Very slow WiFi - BS in this day and age.
Charging me for more than 2 WiFi connections is BS.
Bldg 6 - 5 parking spaces for 12 units, and 3 handicap parking spaces. Plus parking for this unit is better for the unit next door so people from that unit also park here. So there very limited parking. Paying $1000 a year in maintenance dues for what? WM service and accommodations is going down hill every year it seems.

#57580 - 03/21/17 09:52 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
toddscruggs Offline

Stayed in bldg 6 again.
This is a 3 story bldg with some units for handicap usage. Fine
But there are I think maybe 12 units for this bldg with like 7 or 8 parking places.
The parking places are very convenient for one of the other bldgs.
3 of the 7 parking places are for handicap parking only. So really most of the time those parking places sit empty.
Parking is challenging. Taking away 3 of the spots really screws up parking for this unit.
Hey management - FIX it.

Wireless is at 2.1 mips in our 3 floor unit. It stinks. Hay WM, fix it.

#57096 - 07/30/16 08:07 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: teramiabullfrog]
teramiabullfrog Offline

Loc: CA
One other positive about "Casey's Restaurant", located next to Safeway across from the S. Shore Resort, show them your WM key card and they will give you 10% off your bill.

#57095 - 07/30/16 05:05 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: Forum Host]
teramiabullfrog Offline

Loc: CA
ATTENTION Giants Fans: S. Shore Lake Tahoe has changed it's cable provider and no longer has the Bay Area Giants baseball channel; however, directly across hwy 50 next to the Safeway is a restaurant called "Casey's" with multiple tv screens and they always have the Giants on some of them (good food too, and several tap beers and some good wines). Friday, Saturday, and Sundays they also have live local bands and/or musicians performing. Regarding the new cable provider for the S. Shore Worldmark, most of the channels only work part of the time and the picture quality is very poor (a lot of pixels, program interruptions, and complete "no service" times). Keep Tahoe Orange, Go Giants ...

#54579 - 05/01/14 01:13 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: ]
Dallas5 Offline

Loc: Washington
We are on the waitlist for July 24-31 as out son has a baseball tournament in South Lake Tahoe but thought I would check with anyone to see if they are interested in a trade/rent. We are also Booked in A 3 bedroom penthouse in Birch Bay, WA for the July 27-August 3rd if their is interested in a switch. Can email me at sjdallas@frontier.com. Thank you smile

#54471 - 04/07/14 12:52 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: ]
allenke Offline

Loc: Oregon
Adult Only Swim Time Going Away

For those interested in keeping an Adult Only Swim time for the first and last hour at our Worldmark Resorts, please email the Board members letting them know you would like to keep it. Apparently it has been decided that this is to be removed at all resorts. It has not been implemented yet, so now is the time to let them know if you would like to keep it.

My wife has a bad back and really appreciates having the 1st hour of the day for Adult only as she uses the pool almost every day for her back problems. She was kicked accidentally by a kid in one of the Worldmark pools resulting in needing to have back surgery.

Families with kids have the majority of the day to utilize the pool. It is not unreasonable to have 1 hour in the morning for Adult Only.

Ken

#54406 - 03/31/14 03:24 PM Re: Questions and Comments for South Shore [Re: ]
bullow Offline

Just stayed at this resort over Spring Break, 3/21/2014-3/29/2014. We were put into the newly refurbished 3 bedroom unit with our 2 older children and 2 grandchildren. The check in was easy and they only pressured us for an update meeting upon check-in. Once I told them no they respected that and we never heard about it again, which was nice as you don't always get that at other Worldmark spots. The unit was clean and we were happy to be getting the upgraded unit. After a couple of days this is what we were dealing with. The heater so loud that it sounds like a helicopter landing. It comes on and off all night. It scared the grandkids at night and they didn't sleep, so neither did we. All of the new appliances are very cheap. The dishwasher and washer and dryer are so loud that the TV has to be up on 50 to even hear it. Then when they stop, the tv is so loud it scares you. We reported the loud heater to the front desk and they were going to look at it while we were out one day. We never heard back from them so I don't know if they did or not. The kitchen utensils fell apart and the knives are cheaply made from Brazil. I've never felt like I needed to bring my own kitchen utensils before but I will in the future if this is the new Worldmark standard. The ceiling fan in the Master bedroom did not work, the unit has no A/C. Not a big deal since we were there in Winter. There is a nice little community gas bbq area with horse shoe pits and a little tot-lot good for up to about 7-8 yrs old. There is an extremely small electric grill on the patio. There are 2 hot tubs. One in the main pool area and another covered tub so you can sit in it during the snow. Which was nice but only half of the jets worked. The property is a little too far to walk to the strip. There is a Safeway right across the street which was nice. In the end it is a very nice property but for what we pay in increasing maintenance dues I am saddened to see that the quality is suffering. We eventually had to check out a day early so that we could get some sleep someplace else. I couldn't go back to work after 7 nights of no sleep. Not a very relaxing vacation. When you take into consideration the cost of the Ownership and all of the dues/fees these places are costing us $400-500 per night. When you look at it that way this resort is not at all worth it. We'll be staying someplace else next time we go to Tahoe. If you just need a place to drop your body during skiing season then this would be a good place.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.