Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stuart_F, mazeeam, DandL, arktraveler, laney
49392 Registered Users
Forum Stats
49,392 Members
128 Forums
1,410 Topics
6,802 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 01/21/20 09:39 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
Questions and Comments for Coral Baja 20,022,170
Coral Baja Resort Review 1,149,752
Las Vegas Resort Review 850,372
Questions and Comments for Las Vegas on the Blvd 726,045
Questions and Comments for Kihei 687,624
Kihei Resort Review 612,272
Travel Tips and Directions for Coral Baja & Area 503,169
Questions and Comments for Seaside 438,512
Activities and Things To Do - Coral Baja 397,208
Kapaa Shores Resort Review 380,588
Top Posters (30 Days)
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic Options
#2489 - 03/08/04 11:23 AM Area Restaurants - South Shore Tahoe
Forum Host
WorldMark Forum

Share those hidden gems you stumbled upon or report on the celebrated favorite that everyone must visit. This is the place to share your reviews and suggestions.

#46588 - 10/15/11 04:29 PM Re: Area Restaurants - South Shore Tahoe [Re: whistler0]
Californiagirl Offline

Loc: Northern California
I totally agree with the posting above about "Capisce?". What a delightful restaurant! Very pretty, warm setting and delicious food! I had their salmon along with sauteed vegetables (just wanted something a little lighter than pasta or risotto). It was very, very tasty. I saw beautiful pizzas, pastas, and meat dishes go by. People looked very happy! They also have a full bar and a nice wine list that pairs well with the food. Worldmark keys bring a 15% discount.
I'd go back with or without the discount to try more of their food. Great find!

#44654 - 03/15/11 08:17 PM Re: Area Restaurants - South Shore Tahoe [Re: ]
whistler0 Offline

This past February 2011 I was pleased to see there is a new Italian restaurant called "Capisce" (family owned and operated). It is located across the street behind the fire station and is well worth the short walk. There are 12 to 13 four person tables with plenty of room to get in and out of your chairs without bumping into someone or having to whisper so the next table doesn't hear your conversation. The decor is very "Homie" with a small fire place. I would consider this a "Date Night" place. There is also a very nice separate full bar. Now onto the dinning. I started off with a cup of the "Capisce soup" which was more like a mug and at some resturants would be considered a bowl. Unlike most typical minestrone soups I have had that seemed more like a broth base,this one reminded me of a "cream of tomato" but not as thick. It also contained pieces of vegetables that were large enough to be identifiable. The next time I will order a bowl. The Artichoke dip (enough for 4 to share)was not just creamy but it too had an ample amount of bite size pieces of artichoke hearts. I would have eaten the entire bowl if my wife hadn't stopped me. The Veal Scallopini was some of the tenderest I have ever had. The veal "Had Not" been pounded down to wafer thin and then coated with a thick layer of bread crumbs to fatten it up. The flour coating was very light and did not mask the veal. The side of Risotto was aldente and creamy. It had a nice texture not soggy, but more like "stick to your ribs" without being pastie. To finish off the meal I had one of the "Capisce Lake Tahoe Sunny Buns" with vanilla bean ice cream. To say this is just another sticky bun would be like saying "Michael Angelo was just a painter". As I had said earlier this is a family owned and operated establishment. Everyone took the time to stop by our table to check on us, and made us feel at home. Don't pass this place up.

© 2005 - Wyndham Resort Development Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldMark™ is a federally registered service mark of Wyndham Resort Development Corporation.